The discovery thread!
Oct 24, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #38,596 of 101,247
Thank you for understanding my point, I have been one of HBB'S earliest yt subscribers. His evolution has been phenomenal and I truly respect his honesty at times, especially his brutally honest opinion on that 1200$ player. But guys, my point wasn't trashing someone's preferences. I don't like ETYs, and a lot of elitists do. My point is that when you gain experience with a lot more gears, I feel that you have a better sense of distinguishing between summit-fi tier, mid-fi tier and low end. That way the subjectivity obviously gets alleviated , even a little bit .

Again, I have massive respect for HBB's knowledge on car audio and his prior experiences with audio. I obviously am not that much of an experienced audiophile, but I am just cautious for my purchases, because I prefer to buy things that would remain in my ears for at least a year. Simply a personal preference guys. Again, didn't really want to start a wild fire around here. Just my 2c, hehe.

Also, HBB's recommendations are absolutely spot on at times, at least with my preferences. Bought the Fiio F9s and was on a honeymoon vacation for a year, just needed to tame that 8k peak down.

Yea you definitely need to take every review with a grain of salt. It helps if you know what YOU like first, and then read through other people's reviews on items you at least know of and see if there's commonalities in preferences. Then from there you can make better decisions. If you don't have a base to start from, then reading MANY reviews will get you a better understanding of a broader set of ears. I started writing reviews recently and I always post my disclaimers and very key to point out what music you listen to and your own preferences so others can understand where you're coming from.

This applies to every review - just like food and drinks. Some people like beer, some don't. Some like coffee, some LOVE it. Others just have poor taste buds.... JUST KIDDING. :)

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #38,597 of 101,247
Thank you for understanding my point, I have been one of HBB'S earliest yt subscribers. His evolution has been phenomenal and I truly respect his honesty at times, especially his brutally honest opinion on that 1200$ player. But guys, my point wasn't trashing someone's preferences. I don't like ETYs, and a lot of elitists do. My point is that when you gain experience with a lot more gears, I feel that you have a better sense of distinguishing between summit-fi tier, mid-fi tier and low end. That way the subjectivity obviously gets alleviated , even a little bit .

Again, I have massive respect for HBB's knowledge on car audio and his prior experiences with audio. I obviously am not that much of an experienced audiophile, but I am just cautious for my purchases, because I prefer to buy things that would remain in my ears for at least a year. Simply a personal preference guys. Again, didn't really want to start a wild fire around here. Just my 2c, hehe.

I took no offense.
This is gear.
I am a music lover. The gear is just a vehicle to get me where I wanna go.

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #38,598 of 101,247
Quick impressions on the DM6.
They sound like dog crap out of the box, pure horse manure. Ran pink noise high volume for 24 hours......and they are a must buy.
Bass sounds like a dynamic, sound stage is wide, and all the micro details are there.
A steal for 200 bucks.
Much love to hawaiibadboy, he has helped me make some incredible purchases. Very very happy with everything he has rec'd.
Sony NW-ZX300
Dm6
AD01

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #38,599 of 101,247
Here's my DM6 stuck at custom. I shouldn't have ordered it before the Chinese holidays.
SSo0kZa.jpg

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #38,601 of 101,247
HAZARDOUS MATERIAL WARNING!!!

I just read the box on the P4 Pro. If I become a toxic avenger, ninja turtle, or some sort of deformed mutant, you will know why.

IMG_20181024_191350x.jpg

Pu = Plutonium.

The radioactive reactor element in a nuke.

Goodbye my friends.

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #38,602 of 101,247
For everyone getting their DM6's burn them in. Pink noise for at least 48 hours.
Don't try to peak before they are done.
Wait, and let yourself be pleasantly surprised.

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #38,603 of 101,247
Amazon got me money back on the DMG without making me have to pay to send them back. Nice sound, but quality is crap. I don't think I got two weeks of sound out of it before the right driver quit. I see I'm not the only one here with that problem. Sold my FH5, still have my LZA5. So far so good. Go too are the IT04, N5005, U12, FX850, ME.1 and Z5.

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #38,604 of 101,247
For everyone getting their DM6's burn them in. Pink noise for at least 48 hours.
Don't try to peak before they are done.
Wait, and let yourself be pleasantly surprised.

I am waiting for the one guy to chime in here. " BAs don't need burn in!" Of course they don't. Why would BAs need burn in.

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #38,605 of 101,247
Amazon got me money back on the DMG without making me have to pay to send them back. Nice sound, but quality is crap. I don't think I got two weeks of sound out of it before the right driver quit. I see I'm not the only one here with that problem. Sold my FH5, still have my LZA5. So far so good. Go too are the IT04, N5005, U12, FX850, ME.1 and Z5.
Can you compare FH5, IT04, and DMG? I want to get more opinions on them. Dsnuts gave his.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 10:40 PM Post #38,606 of 101,247
I am waiting for the one guy to chime in here. " BAs don't need burn in!" Of course they don't. Why would BAs need burn in.
Don't care what they say. I am saying it first hand, they sounded like 2 dollar iems out of the box. And I was scrambling to try to get my money back.
Then thought what the hell, until my return gets processed, I might as well try to listen to em.
Couldn't do more than 10 mins, and as a last ditch effort, ran pink noise through them, not expecting much to be honest.
24 hours later, these are the iems I heard about in all the reviews.
Now let's see if these last, and hopefully I dont get the crappy China quality curse.
But so far 2 thumbs up.
By the way, these probably still have ways to go as far as burning in, and I am looking forward to seeing how the sound matures.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #38,607 of 101,247
Don't care what they say. I am saying it first hand, they sounded like 2 dollar iems out of the box. And I was scrambling to try to get my money back.
Then thought what the hell, until my return gets processed, I might as well try to listen to em.
Couldn't do more than 10 mins, and as a last ditch effort, ran pink noise through them, not expecting much to be honest.
24 hours later, these are the iems I heard about in all the reviews.
Now let's see if these last, and hopefully I dont get the crappy China quality curse.
But so far 2 thumbs up.
By the way, these probably have still have ways to go as far as burning in.
Although it's really convincing that the transducer burned in, but it's really psychological. Our senses are tied to our brain which changes and adapts. It would seem like the sound changed on something, but perception can change as well. Human perception is conditional. It has quite of bit of influence on how things are heard, and most times we don't notice it, or make aware of it. It's easier to believe that we hear objectively, but saying we hear subjectively has much greater meaning than you might expect.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #38,608 of 101,247

i also thought the same, until i had the B5+. that thing out of the box sounded harsh and choked on the treble. now it's not a problem at all

Oct 24, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #38,609 of 101,247
Although it's really convincing that the transducer burned in, but it's really psychological. Our senses are tied to our brain which changes and adapts. It would seem like the sound changed on something, but perception can change as well. Human perception is conditional.
If you are talking about brain burn in, i listened to these no more than 10 minutes, 5 to be honest. And i almost had to hold back the contents of my stomach.
I then listened to them 24 hours later, and the difference was not night and day, but earth and another galaxy.
So brain burn in and my perception is out.
And if you think I am exaggerating, I am not.
The DM6 out of the box sounded like it was under water, 50 feet down.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #38,610 of 101,247
@Kitechaser I believe you. You must be new to this thread. I have been telling people from the beginning how important burn in is on their earphones. Including BAs. I always get that one know it all dude that comes in this thread. Telling me how pointless burn in is.

Some earphones need zero burn in. My Andro S sounded great out of the box. Cheaper earphones not so much. However you best believe they will make sure each BAs in my Andros have optimum sound before they ship. On a $200 Chifi earphone. Zero burn in from the factory. I am willing to bet on this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back