The discovery thread!
Oct 25, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #38,626 of 101,101
I love mine.
Folks will disagree. I just saw Zeos say the FiiO FH5 sounded more open than open back headphones and laughed...then watched one of my rants and realized I am THAT guy sometimes... and the dude in here I dislike is THAT guy too. I don't wanna be a dude that forgets about the music like they clearly have.

I will try harder, I will do better.

Dear Music,
Save me....from being THAT guy!
Do you know how many people are gonna have a top notch Christmas because of you? You didn't put your rep on the line for another audio 64 (bazillion drivers in every ear) edition, you went to bat for a cheapo Chinese iem that most people here had never even heard of, and can actually afford.
I love your work, and your videos.
And for all this back and forth on this website about music equipment, I rarely ever hear people talk about the music they are actually listening to.
Tells you everything you need to know.

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #38,627 of 101,101
Thank you man. Kindness is a thing I get on YT cuz I block 400 people (383 exactly) but on here rare.
So thanks. I gotta be nicer and give some ying with the yang to keep balance in my mind and in my life.

Thanks. I helped derail the thread a bit so to members and non members my apologies.
I am going to listen to some music and relax. Then make kids cry......cuz Halloween :wink:

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #38,629 of 101,101
Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #38,631 of 101,101
Here's an interesting experiment that I just tried, because of a PM, asking how my LZ A4 earphone compares to my NiceHCK EBX earbud.
Since they've both got MMCX connectors, I've currently got an EBX (donut foam over full foam) in my left ear, and an A4 (Grey Nozzle, Red Back) in my right ear (it's the Left earphone, since it's more comfortable to switch them, when worn over-the-ear).
I've listened to them connected to the Balanced output on my Walnut F1 Amp, with input from a FiiO Taishan D03K (Cirrus 4344) DAC, being driven by the TOSLINK output of my Roku 4 Net Streamer (streaming music from the Internet) - and to the Balanced output on my Onkyo DP-X1 DAP (playing FLAC files of my CD rips).
Surprise - The EBX goes as low in the Bass, but doesn't have quite as much impact, since it's not sealed in my ear, like the A4.
The EBX does seem to be more efficient (louder), and it may have a bit more Midrange.
So, the whole sound image is shifted a bit to my left, since the EBX has a bigger, more open Sound Stage, and the A4 is a bit more in-your-head sounding.
Other than that, they sound very similar. (NOTE: My hearing only goes out to about 13.5-KHz, so I'm not hearing any differences in high frequency peaks.)

:laughing: Not making me want the EBX any less, and with the 11.11 discount, I don't think there's any contender at $80 for the EBX (I still have no idea if the K's 300 Samsara is a better deal at $100)

I went crazy bought the BQEYZ kb1, kc2 and bq3. All fantastic sounding earphones but bq3 are balls out. I bet it would give the dmg a run for its money at not even half the price.

every time I think of the KC2, I keep being reminded of the Fidue Virgo, lol. Still no review on the BQ3 sadly, despite most impressions being really positive so far.

:popcorn:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #38,632 of 101,101
Oct 25, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #38,633 of 101,101
Thank you man. Kindness is a thing I get on YT cuz I block 400 people (383 exactly) but on here rare.
So thanks. I gotta be nicer and give some ying with the yang to keep balance in my mind and in my life.

Thanks. I helped derail the thread a bit so to members and non members my apologies.
I am going to listen to some music and relax. Then make kids cry......cuz Halloween :wink:

Hey dude, you have no interest in trying the big balls Nicehck NK10 ? You would be able to get a sample easily. Dsnuts rate them highly, the user feedback on Ali is awesome and something tells me that these could be a step above of what you got your hands in chi fi untill now. Maybe. Masdrop plus also comes to my mind.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #38,634 of 101,101
A bit of a warning about higher volume burn in. This is based on my own experience. I am certain I killed my LZ A5 due to higher volume burn in. I would set volumes at moderate medium levels for burn in on BAs. It will do the same as a louder volume burn, minus the chance of killing your BAs.

Dynamics however is different. Blast away. More agressive burn is sometimes necessary. I would use Drum n Bass for dynamics. Not colored noise. Never ever had a dynamic fail due to moderate higher volume burn in.

What I say about burn in is not by any means cardinal rule. If it helps your phones sound better that is great. Don't believe in it ? No worries. It is all good.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #38,635 of 101,101

I'll just ask, how does the dm6 sit against the king dynamic ex1000? Different sig and tech I know, just wondering if you thought they had their own place in a collection.

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #38,639 of 101,101
Can you compare FH5, IT04, and DMG? I want to get more opinions on them. Dsnuts gave his.

I didn't have an operating DMG long enough to give a reliable critique of it. As for the FH5, I thought the mids (quite forward) and the bass were very good, but not a really refined sound. The IT04 is refined to my ears and on a completely different level (or two) from the other two earphones. It would be apples to oranges comparison.

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #38,640 of 101,101
hmm.... i just got DM6, tried comparing it NiceHCK NK10. idk how to explain sound o-o so please forgive me. using REOL - 404 not found, the at the start i can already here the difference between both of them. DM6 have more bass(maybe just a bit) and treble than NiceHCK NK10 where as NiceHCK NK10 have more mids.
The mids of DM6 is good but by comparing to NiceHCK NK10 it feels a bit recessed, but instead you gain more clarity in DM6 than NiceHCK NK10 due to better trebles.

Either way both of them are very good iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back