The discovery thread!
Oct 24, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #38,581 of 101,264
Tenhz P4 Pro vs Campfire Comet vs BGVP DMG

Just data. Not much to comment on right now.

Measurements are with MiniDSP EARS. All the usual disclaimers apply. Don't take the measurements literally -- this isnt industry standard -- but good tool for comparative purposes.

Frequency Response is RAW.

Lovely, Your graphs contributes so much! And yes, i am finally getting confident in my ears. The mids emphasis is there, the bass extension also. This graph i think can help people afraid with treble, as we can see. It's super friendly.

Your observations Paulindss are spot on! they are very sensitive, almost blew my head off when i first put them in and had to rip them out of my ears! the DMGs are more airy, but lack the body
and texture of the P4s. yes, the P4s are thick and clear. Im using the foam tips that came with them to get the best seal for me. I have a balanced cables stashed away i might try out on the P4 soon!
im only up to about 20 hrs of burn in, and they keep getting more refined, so im guessing i will have to go to 100+hrs of burn in to really release those BAs potential. DSnuts says some of his BA iems needed
almost 200 hrs of burn in to really open up!. DM6 is appealing as possible upgrade, but AE sale spoiled by outrageous security demands for using debit card that i wont cooperate with. HBB gave the P4s his "greencheck" indicating he recommended them and enjoyed listening to them, but the DM6 is his current favorite for neutral sound with quality/price ratio maximized and stunning sound quality!
about to try the P4s with better source tonight, including Opus #1 metal and Calyx M...we will hear what floats its boat with max sound quality! The high sensitivity makes them sound great out of my
phone, the HTC10, which has a great Dac and soundsystem and streams Tidal, but the Opus #1 metal is better sound quality. Also the Aune M2s blue edition sometimes creates the best sound in my house
being a class A DAP in terms of amp circuit in it. so many possibilities! the P4 is certainly a bargain for its out of the box potential and lets keep this dialogue going for ways to maximize its performance!

Very happy to see that my findings makes sense to you. A friend here has both DM6 and P4 pro. He said he likes the p4 pro more. The dm6 is a little more U shaped. You will find more likely a sidegrade on dm6. It can match better your liking, but you can also be disappointed. HBB actually says that dm6 looks very much with dmg with better Bass. I think it would be a sweet spot for me. But having p4 pro and DMG's it makes absolutely no sense to spend more money on another iem, for me. I asked directly to him if the dm6 worh the upgrade, and he said to be in peace.

Oct 24, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #38,582 of 101,264
Same data as before but with IEM Diffuse Field compensation (MiniDSP EARS supplied based on Etymotics ER4)

P4 Pro vs Comet vs DMG - IDF.jpg

Oct 24, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #38,583 of 101,264
when they refused to process my preorder for 11/11 both yesterday and this morning for the BM6 because my card needed security verification, and i had just successfully
ordered something two weeks ago with the same card. Customer service was useless, saying it was necessary general security update from their system for everyone
ordering now. not sure if it was live chat person or bot however. of course i would never send them a photocopy of my drivers license and cc statement like they requested,
which i told them, and they couldnt care less... the security update demands were only published in chinese yesterday, but today it was in English, so its an active process
for them.....later today i found the BM6 available on Amazon USA for the retail amount with a10$ off coupon, shipped from China by a different vendor with less choice for cable and slow boat shipment with no priority shipping available. Penon Audio may be the best choice, as they are much more reliable and clear about their policies and offer upgraded shipping, but sell same iem at retail price, which is 25% higher than AE 11/11 sale however. right now im so annoyed im not ordering them at all.....despite HBB glowing buy now recommendation hopefully other reliable sale vendors will appear...

This is classic honeypot stuff

Buncha traffic coming for 11/11 with lots of honey to attract bees with obsessive compulsive disorder. Never ever do business with any company that asks for that stuff. Which shop is it?
If it is the link I give I will delete my links to them if i don't have an answer in 10 minutes

I think it is this site though...

Audio&Video Professional Store

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...lgo_pvid=74dc7596-8edf-454d-8ada-6353790cea2c

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #38,584 of 101,264
Tenhz P4 Pro vs Campfire Comet vs BGVP DMG

Just data. Not much to comment on right now.

Measurements are with MiniDSP EARS. All the usual disclaimers apply. Don't take the measurements literally -- this isnt industry standard -- but good tool for comparative purposes.

Frequency Response is RAW.

Love your graphs. No Godzilla backplates in the bass , no persecution complex about people not understanding how much work you do, etc etc. Keep em coming!

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #38,585 of 101,264

Buncha traffic coming for 11/11 with lots of honey to attract bees with obsessive compulsive disorder. Never ever do business with any company that asks for that stuff. Which shop is it?
If it is the link I give I will delete my links to them if i don't have an answer in 10 minutes

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...lgo_pvid=74dc7596-8edf-454d-8ada-6353790cea2c
Yes I think so t was from the link to the 11/11 pre-sale used in the DM6 thread on head fi. Glad I just told them I would never ever from them but aliexpress chat bot implied it was site wide policy because of increased security to protect vendors and

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #38,586 of 101,264
Has anyone else faced the same issue on AliExpress?

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #38,587 of 101,264

I think so but customer service chat implied it was now site wide policy
I got there through link on BM6 thread on headfI11 11 pre-sale

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #38,588 of 101,264
One time gearbest asked my documents for verification. I didn't had any problem. Sesrched on internet and it seemed like a normal practice of them.

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #38,589 of 101,264
Lovely, Your graphs contributes so much! And yes, i am finally getting confident in my ears. The mids emphasis is there, the bass extension also. This graph i think can help people afraid with treble, as we can see. It's super friendly.

Very happy to see that my findings makes sense to you. A friend here has both DM6 and P4 pro. He said he likes the p4 pro more. The dm6 is a little more U shaped. You will find more likely a sidegrade on dm6. It can match better your liking, but you can also be disappointed. HBB actually says that dm6 looks very much with dmg with better Bass. I think it would be a sweet spot for me. But having p4 pro and DMG's it makes absolutely no sense to spend more money on another iem, for me. I asked directly to him if the dm6 worh the upgrade, and he said to be in peace.
Exactly my situation so I'm holding tight
Oriolus mk2 recommended to me as total
Performance upgrade but much more expensive ranked class A in Crinacles list of IEMs and 7th in another list

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #38,590 of 101,264
I'm not seeing pre order sales but fingers crossed for these two, man.

Edit : also really not trying to be rude here, but HBB got laughed off by a lot of experienced audiophiles simply because his preference for bloated midbass. He has improved over the years but I would pick Crinacle as a more credible reviewer than HBB as Crinacle seems to have a LOT more experience with audio gears than HBB. not trying to start a fire here, sorry. :p

how about sound preferences? if someone relates and shares taste with HBB, or any other reviewer for that fact, shouldn't they pay more attention to their advice? there are those who focus a lot on specs and those who just enjoy the music. of course, each person has their own sweet spot between the two. just because my iems doesnt rank the highest on crinacles list doesnt change the fact that they mean the world to me :)

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #38,591 of 101,264
I think so but customer service chat implied it was now site wide policy
I got there through link on BM6 thread on headfI11 11 pre-sale

One time gearbest asked my documents for verification. I didn't had any problem. Sesrched on internet and it seemed like a normal practice of them.

I'd rather shop at Penon Audio or somewhere else if they wanted a photocopy of my Drivers License and my Credit Card statement. That's serious stuff to be throwing around to random people on the internet. Penon has always been great and incredibly fast shipping. Even send personalized Christmas cards!

Or pay the extra few bucks and get it on Amazon.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #38,592 of 101,264
The tenhz p4 seals so well in my ear thay they hurt my ear canal. Using the smallest eartips possible. They seal everything and the fit is almost like a CIEM. Impossible something seal more than this. They are incredibly sensitive. Actually hard to find a volume. The flatness can make the dynamics worse ? It seem like this is happening, I would love to try them balanced. Lot of folks say that they sound better in balanced. In the future i want to get a es100 bt to try that.

unfortunately i only have my s8 as source by now, my fiio is gone. The s8 is very flat, revealing but it's not the lushier, dinamic, and musical source. P4: The bass is indeed tight and present. Not exactly soft and not exactly Excellent at air and rumble. Details are good. The highs seem natural, excellent for me, better than ever. Sparkly and anywhere harsh. Did a little AB with my tin audios yesterday. And i can say that the tins are a step below at absolutely everything for me. The tehnz atacks way harder, thicker and clearer for me. I would speculate a flat signature with no peaks or valleys. A emphasis in early mids and good extension at both ends. P4 in two words. Thick and clear.

The sense of stage and air coud be better. They aren't claustrophobic at all. But my dmg's seem more airy. But also thinner... Look forward to see what others think of the airyness of the stage and dynamics. My reference of neutral untill now was t2s and re400s. They are closer to re400s that has a smaller stage compared to t2s, the hifimans also have a very good extension at bass, (a treat) and have emphasis on mids. The tin sound very thin compared to both, but seem much more airy. I rate the p4 pro much higher than both, imaging is better than anything i tried. I pick details, defects, artefacts and the harmonical elements of the music, bass, percussion much easier.

The first thing I noticed when I put on the P4 Pro was how freakin crazy the seal was. I actually hated it - mostly because I finally got to them after a late day at work and I was eating a quick dinner while listening to them. The seal was so tight that every time I bit or chewed, my music would be interrupted. I also couldnt hear anything as I was prepping to bake a dessert for my fiancee with them on and she came behind me and tapped me in the shoulder and it scared the heck out of me. lol.

Anyway, that was with the stock tips. Dont have that issue with the spinfits, while still getting good seal.

Edit : also really not trying to be rude here, but HBB got laughed off by a lot of experienced audiophiles simply because his preference for bloated midbass. He has improved over the years but I would pick Crinacle as a more credible reviewer than HBB as Crinacle seems to have a LOT more experience with audio gears than HBB. not trying to start a fire here, sorry. :p

Crinacle may have more experience with very high end audio (from his list) but a lot of the stuff he's posted is way beyond the budget of most people. HBB's reviews have improved a lot. I actually didn't think I'd enjoy his reviews based on his early stuff, but I've come to really really like his videos and his real honest opinions on IEMs. I am not even close to basshead or like mid-bass humps, but I agree with his reviews most of the time -- of the ones I've spent a good amount of time listening. Plus the stuff he reviews is down to earth and within the budget of most people. And it compares IEMs to other IEMs within the same target price and audience. Crinacle's list is very good at what it is - but it doesnt factor in PRICE into the equation and for 98% of people out there, money matters.

My 2 cents.

tl;dr

both reviewers are good at what their mission statement is and both add high value to the community.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #38,593 of 101,264
how about sound preferences? if someone relates and shares taste with HBB, or any other reviewer for that fact, shouldn't they pay more attention to their advice? there are those who focus a lot on specs and those who just enjoy the music. of course, each person has their own sweet spot between the two. just because my iems doesnt rank the highest on crinacles list doesnt change the fact that they mean the world to me :)

HBB makes clear what he likes and showed a lot of fancy products. Daps, earphones, etc. He is transparent and if someone look to read between the lines you can get a very faithfull source of opinion. He has tried lots of iems lately and the views so far are spot on with what is talked here. It is a valueble work. If in a year he find a upgrade of dm6, i will trust 100% on his toughts, he is talking directly to us reaching for CxB and without bull ***. No one has a so direct comunication with a LOT of fancy products at hands to compare directly and experience to tell us immortals in the third world what is the next real bang for the buck.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #38,594 of 101,264
Take every reviewer with a grain of salt. No-one else hears the same as you, and I am sure that both reviewers mentioned above would probably agree.
I respect both for what they do, but often disagree with specific reviews.

My advice is if you find a reviewer that hears things the way you do, or mostly anyway, then read or listen to his/her recommendations.
Cheers.

Oct 24, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #38,595 of 101,264
Crinacle may have more experience with very high end audio (from his list) but a lot of the stuff he's posted is way beyond the budget of most people. HBB's reviews have improved a lot. I actually didn't think I'd enjoy his reviews based on his early stuff, but I've come to really really like his videos and his real honest opinions on IEMs. I am not even close to basshead or like mid-bass humps, but I agree with his reviews most of the time -- of the ones I've spent a good amount of time listening. Plus the stuff he reviews is down to earth and within the budget of most people. And it compares IEMs to other IEMs within the same target price and audience. Crinacle's list is very good at what it is - but it doesnt factor in PRICE into the equation and for 98% of people out there, money matters.

My 2 cents.

tl;dr

both reviewers are good at what their mission statement is and both add high value to the community.
Thank you for understanding my point, I have been one of HBB'S earliest yt subscribers. His evolution has been phenomenal and I truly respect his honesty at times, especially his brutally honest opinion on that 1200$ player. But guys, my point wasn't trashing someone's preferences. I don't like ETYs, and a lot of elitists do. My point is that when you gain experience with a lot more gears, I feel that you have a better sense of distinguishing between summit-fi tier, mid-fi tier and low end. That way the subjectivity obviously gets alleviated , even a little bit .

Again, I have massive respect for HBB's knowledge on car audio and his prior experiences with audio. I obviously am not that much of an experienced audiophile, but I am just cautious for my purchases, because I prefer to buy things that would remain in my ears for at least a year. Simply a personal preference guys. Again, didn't really want to start a wild fire around here. Just my 2c, hehe.

Also, HBB's recommendations are absolutely spot on at times, at least with my preferences. Bought the Fiio F9s and was on a honeymoon vacation for a year, just needed to tame that 8k peak down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back