The discovery thread!
Oct 22, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #38,521 of 106,562
MT100 are not really open back but with no music playing the isolation is poor
How is the coherency between the BA and the Planar? Does it have bass to begin with?

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #38,523 of 106,562
Yes I've been eyeing one of those cables for my andromeda as well. I already have a 4-core SPC one and I like them so much that I consider buying the 8-core copper cable:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/JHcYUm9

Anyone have any experience with those? I expect a great synergy with the andromeda but they look a little bit stiff. I'd appreciate any feedback regarding those cables...
yes, i own them, and vouch for them. they are quite soft and flexible, not so much as other 8 core cables around, but you'll get better conductivity because copper gauge is thicker. high quality copper and build (solders).
i own about 12 different 8 core cables, copper, silver plated copper, mixed, pure silver; from the affordable ones, i'd get this (number 53, copper) or number 52 (silver color one, worse conductivity although very good for the price, softer and better built: strain reliefs and threaded plugs, easy to rework) from my list of affordable 2 pin cables.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #38,525 of 106,562
MD has the Cayin N5ii for $270! This is a great deal for this player.https://www.massdrop.com/buy/cayin-n5ii-digital-audio-player

Xh3ogLzYS9mTBVioOC9v_banner.jpg

Player is a bit on the slow due to the android implementation. But considering you can throw most of your library of music on this. The sound is another aspect that is completely worth the price. One of the best sounding players for the price and the new N5iis is not a upgrade in the sonics department. A few refinments on the S version but sound is pretty much the same. Something to consider if you guys are thinking new player.

Unfortunately I sent mine to Cayin for repair and is now no where to be found. :triportsad:..

Very sad about your repair experience but I agree that if you just use TIDAL or Spotify offline, it's very good.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #38,526 of 106,562
yes, i own them, and vouch for them. they are quite soft and flexible, not so much as other 8 core cables around, but you'll get better conductivity because copper gauge is thicker. high quality copper and build (solders).
i own about 12 different 8 core cables, copper, silver plated copper, mixed, pure silver; from the affordable ones, i'd get this (number 53, copper) or number 52 (silver color one, worse conductivity although very good for the price, softer and better built: strain reliefs and threaded plugs, easy to rework) from my list of affordable 2 pin cables.

The 4-core one I have is super soft. In fact so soft that I wish it was a little more rigid. So I think that brownish 8-core one might be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the in-depth info :)

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #38,527 of 106,562
Do they turn green? I have my concerns as my last silver plated cable turned green and definitely does not look nice.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #38,528 of 106,562
Oct 22, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #38,529 of 106,562
Looks like the planar iem is well made and well tuned nice

Oct 22, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #38,530 of 106,562
BL1 looks interesting but the description saying "custom MMCX" worrys me that it may be propietary and cable swapping to balanced won't be an option

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #38,531 of 106,562
Do they turn green? I have my concerns as my last silver plated cable turned green and definitely does not look nice.
the only cable getting green/blue is the famous one, kz silver color cable, 8 cores. haven't noticed patina in any other cables till now.
but the patina color in that cable pairs very well with green/cyan kz iems, even with green or blue ones.

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #38,532 of 106,562
Interesting finding with the Starlines. Those are at least for me one of the kind which causes more than average accentuation to the treble regions. But I will try out again this evening with the MT100 once more.
Nevertheless, yes, I agree with your impressions. I also like the MT100 a lot. Cannot align with the bad findings of Bad Guy Good Audio. Maybe he received a bad unit???

BTW-1, I use the InAirs Foam tips which gives for me the best compromise between taming the hot treble and keeping most of the nice detail level and crisp and clear presentation and turning into a natural manner. Don't get this with the Comply's because these tame and congest too much.

BTW-2, I am curious whether you know how far reaches your hearing ability? I can hear up to 16kHz into the upper registers. I am asking cause I wonder why you like your Toneking TK2 so much and I cannot bear the hot treble regions with this.
How are the vocals of these compared to your audbos p4? That would be a really interesting comparison.

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #38,533 of 106,562
BL1 looks interesting but the description saying "custom MMCX" worrys me that it may be propietary and cable swapping to balanced won't be an option

that special MMCX, should just on the cable side. MMCX socket are standard, but they use the different extended MMCX plugs with 2 or 4 split in order to avoid the rotation or disconnection

Oct 22, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #38,534 of 106,562
Interesting finding with the Starlines. Those are at least for me one of the kind which causes more than average accentuation to the treble regions. But I will try out again this evening with the MT100 once more.
Nevertheless, yes, I agree with your impressions. I also like the MT100 a lot. Cannot align with the bad findings of Bad Guy Good Audio. Maybe he received a bad unit???

BTW-1, I use the InAirs Foam tips which gives for me the best compromise between taming the hot treble and keeping most of the nice detail level and crisp and clear presentation and turning into a natural manner. Don't get this with the Comply's because these tame and congest too much.

BTW-2, I am curious whether you know how far reaches your hearing ability? I can hear up to 16kHz into the upper registers. I am asking cause I wonder why you like your Toneking TK2 so much and I cannot bear the hot treble regions with this.

Mr HBB is not quite aggreeing with you on this one (to say the least..)

Oct 22, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #38,535 of 106,562
Neither does ClieOS saying the MT100 treble is a bit too smooth and polite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back