The discovery thread!
Oct 19, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #38,491 of 103,665
So when I was at Clear Tune Monitor booth at RMAF. I was chatting with Ceasar. The owner of CTM. Guy is cool as it gets. Was shooting the breeze and out of the blue he grabs a box and hands it to me. It was one of these.

ctm-wireless-cable-product-detail-image-2.jpg

Their own bluetooth dongle. I will do a review of this unit. I gave this a charge overnight and have it on my Oriolus Finschi.
I can't tell the SQ difference between the stock cable and this unit. Bluetooh has come a long ways. I am extremely impressed with the ease of use of this thing. Though like everything Clear Tune Monitors. These are a bit pricy at $100. Otherwise. anyone looking for a nice bluetooth dongle. Can recommend this one. It seems to only come in 2 pin however.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #38,493 of 103,665
Sounded nice my right driver crapped out on me. Now I'm struggling to send them back to China (bought through amazon). He only wants me to spend a certain amount on shipping - to be reimbursed - but I can't meet that because he wants tracking too. Guess I have to see what amazon have to say about this.

Oh, that's really sad. I would never send back to china with my own money without questioning a lot first. I would try reaching Amazon for that porpuse. If i expect to have that kind of treatment i would buy directly on aliexpress - that gives full refund in those cases anyway...

In your time with them, how do you rate comparing to those mainstreams iems in your description ? Do they sing at the level of dn2000 ?

Oct 19, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #38,495 of 103,665
This looks so cool.
might go for the Sony M7 first. BA vs Dynamic battle!

Got to hear the M7. Unless your into your monitor flat rolled off treble/ EX600 Sony sound I would skip the M7. The M9 is much more intriguing. I know price jumps but if you heard all the new Sony monitors like I did. the M7 was the least impressive out of the bunch. They just lack excitement of any type. It is literally a monitor by the books sound. Fairly warm signature. The balance is good but the treble is rolled off making the sound warmer than it should be. For the price there are much better options

M9 throws in some treble sparkle, better extension both ends with a bass end that is one of the best I have heard for a BA based bass I have heard. It dont sound like a BA based Bass. Wider stage. Better detailed. They sound like Sonys version of a smoother sounding Andromedas.

IER-Z1R is the real deal. Thank goodness the street prices are already taking effect. Still spendy. I would look past the M7. If you get a chance to hear them you will know what I am talking about. Not worth the money imo.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #38,496 of 103,665
Got to hear the M7. Unless your into your monitor flat rolled off treble/ EX600 Sony sound I would skip the M7. The M9 is much more intriguing. I know price jumps but if you heard all the new Sony monitors like I did. the M7 was the least impressive out of the bunch. They just lack excitement of any type. It is literally a monitor by the books sound. Fairly warm signature. The balanced is good but the treble is rolled off making the sound warmer than it should be. For the price there are much better options

M9 is throws in some treble sparkle with a bass end the is one of the best I have heard for a BA based bass I have heard. It dont sound like a BA based Bass. Wider stage. Better detailed. They sound like Sonys version of a smoother sounding Andromedas.

IER-Z1R is the real deal. Thank goodness the street prices are already taking effect. Still spendy. I would look past the M7. If you get a chance to hear them you will know what I am talking about. Not worth the money imo.

Alright. then no M7. i was expecting the less sparkle w/o the extra BA, but if the M9 can be on the CA Andromeda level, then better wait.
Thanks DS!

Oct 19, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #38,498 of 103,665
I think the M9 compete very well with the Andromedas. It is most definitely Sonys version of that tuning. I was addicted to that bass on the M9 on first listen. You can throw that in HBBs ears and he wouldnt be able to tell if they are BA based bass. I kid you not. It was surprising. It will be much more popular vs the M7.

I spent some time with the Atlas and both Andromedas. Atlas has unreal bass. It is definitley bass head level yet has great mids and highs presence.

I spent the most time with the Andromeda S and that is what won me over on them. Andromeda S was the best value for me at the show and I ended up with one. I try n not to hear those as much as I would like. Kinda ruins everything else I have. Lol. To be fair I love all my earphones equally just that the Andromeda S is clearly my best sounding earphone.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #38,499 of 103,665
I am a big Sony and J.V.C fan.1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111I heard both of the new flagships.

I thought the Sony sounded pretty damn good. I won't make a comment on the J.V.C xcept that I am going to grab another FX1100 because the resale value is going up. I am not paying an extra 20,000yen for 1100's cuz JVC has gone nutz.

The Sony was off a WM1Z playing Simon and Garfunkel
The J.V.C. was off a Hifiman R2R2K playing a Carpenters track.

Yep, I was gonna post yesterday. $700 maybe but not $1,700. Andromeda or S vs the new JVC which would you put your $$$ on betting on SQ. Milking the select materials and luxury aspect, and the Anniversary thing. Trying to jump in the high price flagship and make good profit. The engineers said they took the FW01 driver and built off it. Nice to hear it sounds like a good blend in between the FD and the FW essentially but $1,200 extra doesn't seem worth it all unless you care about special lacquer and all those little things they are making a big deal about.

Oct 19, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #38,500 of 103,665
So when I was at Clear Tune Monitor booth at RMAF. I was chatting with Ceasar. The owner of CTM. Guy is cool as it gets. Was shooting the breeze and out of the blue he grabs a box and hands it to me. It was one of these.

ctm-wireless-cable-product-detail-image-2.jpg

Their own bluetooth dongle. I will do a review of this unit. I gave this a charge overnight and have it on my Oriolus Finschi.
I can't tell the SQ difference between the stock cable and this unit. Bluetooh has come a long ways. I am extremely impressed with the ease of use of this thing. Though like everything Clear Tune Monitors. These are a bit pricy at $100. Otherwise. anyone looking for a nice bluetooth dongle. Can recommend this one. It seems to only come in 2 pin however.

Just received the Advanced Sound M3 BT dongle yesterday. They offer in 2 pin and MMCX. I wanted 2 pin to use with my RX8 at the gym and my M5-1D occasionally. It costs $60, sold on Amazon but I had a $15 coupon direct through Adv site so I got them for sub $50 shipped. Using in Apt-X it's solid.

Oct 19, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #38,501 of 103,665
Gonna get a M5s myself next month when released.

going back to the EZAudio D4. If these are NE700m Clones with same tuning. $10 is a great price on these. Will find out since I will be getting a pair. I own the NE700m so this should be interesting.
Mine arrived today. Really interesting tuning for a $10 IEM. They're straight-up bright. They seem relatively linear from the bass up through the lower midrange, and then a noticeable upper midrange presence lift and a whole lot of detail in the treble.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #38,502 of 103,665
True upgrade of Tenhz P4 Pro? Anyone?

Oct 20, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #38,503 of 103,665
Last edited:
Oct 20, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #38,504 of 103,665

Users who are viewing this thread

Back