The discovery thread!
Oct 17, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #38,461 of 105,100
So I had a bit of a revelation on the DMG bass. I have read a few guys saying they wasn't all that enamored with the bass end of them. For one the DMG requires tip rolling to get the best cohesive sound. I have been beating the bass end with drum n bass music for the past several weeks. From my prior experience with beating the poo out of hybrid earphones I am now using medium volume levels instead of loud..If you can hear the bass notes nice n clear in the ear this is the volume I am setting burn in tracks. It is a volume level just before it goes loud is another way of measuring this. I know this is not too scientific but this works. The idea here is to work out that graphene dynamic.

My LZ A5 is toast due to higher volume levels. It was the only earphone out of 100s of burn ins that ultimately failed on me too. So the BA quality on them are not so good IMO. Anyhow This did the trick. The bass end is much more agile, tighter and can definitely hit them low notes with good texture.

Graphene dynamic is a carbon based coating so the dynamic will be very stiff. The reason why the bass sounds a bit off when listening to the DMG without proper burn in.
Bass quality has stepped up quite a bit with burn in. My pair bass end is now much more cohesive with the rest of the sound.

I know a lot of you guys are not sold on the whole burn in thing. Try it out. Specifically using drum n bass to affect the dynamic portion. Use this site and let it rip. http://www.bassdrive.com/
You have nothing to loose but a better bass end. Give it a try. Let it burn in for a good week straight. Even better at 2 weeks. Then take a listen. Tell me I am wrong afterwards.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #38,462 of 105,100
Nice impressions thanks!

Would you still recommend them if I don't use EQ?

Edit: What worries me is that you EQ down the midbass. I'm usually quite sensitive for too much energy in this area.....
I played around with EQ and get the same quite significant effect by tuning down only 1dB at 63Hz. No need to EQ other frequencies. I don't know why this results in the same which is more air to the voices or I would describe like in generell less dullness overall thought the P4 isn't dull. With this slight adaptation I can listen to the P4 with 2 steps less volume on my S9, too.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #38,463 of 105,100
I played around with EQ and get the same quite significant effect by tuning down only 1dB at 63Hz. No need to EQ other frequencies. I don't know why this results in the same which is more air to the voices or I would describe like in generell less dullness overall thought the P4 isn't dull. With this slight adaptation I can listen to the P4 with 2 steps more quiet on my S9, too.
I was going to buy the audbos p4 as it's very cheap on Ali right now but i have a little doubt about the fullness of the midrange. In the review by suman 123 he said the king pros has a thicker midrange then the p4s and a lot of people say the mids of the king pros are thin so I am not quite sure about these now. I like lush vocals without recession. What are your thoughts of the king pros and p4s vocals?

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #38,464 of 105,100
I was going to buy the audbos p4 as it's very cheap on Ali right now but i have a little doubt about the fullness of the midrange. In the review by suman 123 he said the king pros has a thicker midrange then the p4s and a lot of people say the mids of the king pros are thin so I am not quite sure about these now. I like lush vocals without recession. What are your thoughts of the king pros and p4s vocals?
Interesting. I immediately sorted the King Pro out because of thin sounding vocals, especially women's. I cannot AB since the Pro's waiting packed for their dedicated new owner. But I think the P4 gives you in general a lush presentation including mids. Good and lush mids are my main focus with any headphone and I really like it with the P4.

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #38,465 of 105,100
Interesting. I immediately sorted the King Pro out because of thin sounding vocals, especially women's. I cannot AB since the Pro's waiting packed for their dedicated new owner. But I think the P4 gives you in general a lush presentation including mids. Good and lush mids are my main focus with any headphone and I really like it with the P4.
Thanks for your impressions, it really helped me make up my mind

Oct 18, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #38,466 of 105,100
+1. Female vocals on the Audbos P4 is lush and seductive, reminds me of the OG Noble K10u.
For $80, it's an excellent deal and a keeper for sure.Though the prices are going back to $150 - $180 range. I see only one seller having these at $80.
P4 Pro, DM6, DMG all seem to have gone up in price on AE.

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #38,467 of 105,100
+1. Female vocals on the Audbos P4 is lush and seductive, reminds me of the OG Noble K10u.
For $80, it's an excellent deal and a keeper for sure.Though the prices are going back to $150 - $180 range. I see only one seller having these at $80.
P4 Pro, DM6, DMG all seem to have gone up in price on AE.
Yes, I already thought not to continue praising the Audbos P4 here anymore because I am close to buy a second pair just to have a backup pair save in the future.

What source are you using with the Audbos? I use my S9 (adapted mode to 30-60 years old ears) which I prefer over the M0 with the P4. Can you please do me a favour and EQ -1dB @ appr. 63Hz with a capable source and share your impressions compared to unEQed?

EDIT: This is how I listen to it and I find it better, significantly more airy. Actually, I really wonder why this works with that quite noticeable effect by reducing 63Hz by only 1dB. Maybe it is a special EQ setting/behavior at my S9

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #38,468 of 105,100
I'm using it with my M0, most of the time. Tried with Mojo for an hour and balanced output on AK120 II, did not notice any significant change in the sound signature.
None of my portable sources do a good EQ. Let me try via a desktop app on my mac mini and report back.

Oct 18, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #38,469 of 105,100
I'm using it with my M0, most of the time. Tried with Mojo for an hour and balanced output on AK120 II, did not notice any significant change in the sound signature.
None of my portable sources do a good EQ. Let me try via a desktop app on my mac mini and report back.
Sure, thanks. I am curious to hear your findings.

Oct 18, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #38,470 of 105,100
Yes, I already thought not to continue praising the Audbos P4 here anymore because I am close to buy a second pair just to have a backup pair save in the future.

What source are you using with the Audbos? I use my S9 (adapted mode to 30-60 years old ears) which I prefer over the M0 with the P4. Can you please do me a favour and EQ -1dB @ appr. 63Hz with a capable source and share your impressions compared to unEQed?

EDIT: This is how I listen to it and I find it better, significantly more airy. Actually, I really wonder why this works with that quite noticeable effect by reducing 63Hz by only 1dB. Maybe it is a special EQ setting/behavior at my S9
Just a quick question... Can eq'ing change the sound signature, for example could I bring up vocals on my other iems that are vshaped or does the base signature always remain the same? Why I say this is because I am absolutely in awe with the secret gardens and felt if the vocals were more forward it would easily be the best iem I have ever heard! I've also tried many great iems at stores and nothing could match it's phenomenal bass, lush, detailed, clear mids and overall great technacalities with a spacious presentation. Truly a shame that I may have to give these back for that one big flaw.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #38,471 of 105,100
JVC new hotness inbound we got ourslves another woodie iem and its gorgous. It doesnt look cheap at about $1,700 for us folks here in the west

orignal post about it from the FW01 thread by BlinkST https://www.head-fi.org/threads/jvc...-driver-iem-2017.831336/page-40#post-14545800

and the product page http://www.victor.jp/headphones/in-ear/ha-fw10000/
product_main.jpg

ha-fw10000

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #38,472 of 105,100
Just a quick question... Can eq'ing change the sound signature, for example could I bring up vocals on my other iems that are vshaped or does the base signature always remain the same? Why I say this is because I am absolutely in awe with the secret gardens and felt if the vocals were more forward it would easily be the best iem I have ever heard! I've also tried many great iems at stores and nothing could match it's phenomenal bass, lush, detailed, clear mids and overall great technacalities with a spacious presentation. Truly a shame that I may have to give these back for that one big flaw.
It'sa tricky thing from my experience. IEM's don't response equally to EQ. Of course you lift or reduce the FR by the applied dB but it is not guaranteed that the result is what you aimed for. I only EQed a handful IEM in my "career" and only those which I already liked but which needed only 1-3dB here or there. Just try and play around.

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #38,475 of 105,100
Lol at these new flagships going from $500-600 to $1500-$2500 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back