The discovery thread!
Oct 17, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #38,431 of 104,403
NiceHCK HK6 received and I can confirm these are really good iem. Well balanced, for my ears, good mids and and easy to fit.

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #38,432 of 104,403
Something a bit interesting.
HTB1hCLGXcrrK1Rjy1zeq6xalFXay.jpg
NiceHCK has these new earphones called the EZaudio D4. MSRP of $10.90.. Uses 10mm titanium coated driver. Anyone here guess what earphones these are the knock offs from? Actually these might be from the same OEM that made the previous earphones.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #38,435 of 104,403
My one complaint about the BGVP DM6 is this. A slippery and odd sized nozzle. A little too small to fit large bore tips. Even the tips provided (like Sony tips and a set of wide bore tips) end up stuck in your ear at some point. The should have made the nozzle just a little bigger or given it a better way to hold on to the tips. I’ll figure it out though, not that big a deal.

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #38,436 of 104,403
Bgvp dmg
20181017_140615.jpg

Received today, utterly beautiful, liking them so far, will only talk about sound with more days because In the past i have regreted giving opinions with much emotion and little experience. I could compare with tehnz in the near future if anyone's interested.

The fit however is awesome.

20181017_120058.jpg

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #38,438 of 104,403
I've been following this thread for quite sometime and really enjoy the variety of POVs, experience and passion for the one IEM to rule them all. This is probably the most active thread I read.

I've heard MANY suggestions for IEMs (right now eyeballing DM6's) and some suggestions here for DAPs. I would like some feedback on currently recommended DAPs.

Right now I'm eyeballing a Pioneer XDP-30R mainly for using in the office but not limited to this. It would drive headphones directly or via an amp. WiFi and Bluetooth aren't necessary but nice options. It would be nice to have a digital out to connect to an amp/dac unit but that's not the case here. This seems to be for a more on the go application which is fine. Is the DAP recommended? It can be had for a great price.

Other DAPs I have been following are Shandling M3, Fiio X5 III, Ibasso DX120, Cayin N3, or an ES100. Of course, maybe I'm aiming too low and should go for the Ibasso DX200 or Pioneer XDP-300R? Any feelers on what to focus on or avoid?

Thanks.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #38,439 of 104,403
I've been following this thread for quite sometime and really enjoy the variety of POVs, experience and passion for the one IEM to rule them all. This is probably the most active thread I read.

I've heard MANY suggestions for IEMs (right now eyeballing DM6's) and some suggestions here for DAPs. I would like some feedback on currently recommended DAPs.

Right now I'm eyeballing a Pioneer XDP-30R mainly for using in the office but not limited to this. It would drive headphones directly or via an amp. WiFi and Bluetooth aren't necessary but nice options. It would be nice to have a digital out to connect to an amp/dac unit but that's not the case here. This seems to be for a more on the go application which is fine. Is the DAP recommended? It can be had for a great price.

Other DAPs I have been following are Shandling M3, Fiio X5 III, Ibasso DX120, Cayin N3, or an ES100. Of course, maybe I'm aiming too low and should go for the Ibasso DX200 or Pioneer XDP-300R? Any feelers on what to focus on or avoid?

Thanks.

M3s is great-sounding, but prone to mechanical failure at the volume wheel.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #38,440 of 104,403
I have X5 III and DX200, like them both but the Dx200 with amp8 is so much better. My wife just got DX120 and it is much more portable than DX200. I only have Shanling M1 but that is my standard commuting dap

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #38,441 of 104,403
Gonna get a M5s myself next month when released.

going back to the EZAudio D4. If these are NE700m Clones with same tuning. $10 is a great price on these. Will find out since I will be getting a pair. I own the NE700m so this should be interesting.

HTB1VmTFXcnrK1RkHFrdq6xCoFXa2.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #38,443 of 104,403

Thanks.
Lol I had a 300R, sold it and got an Opus#1s then an M3s. In the end, I have no DAPs and just my Note 9 to the ES100. It's that good.

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #38,444 of 104,403
Bgvp dmg

Received today, utterly beautiful, liking them so far, will only talk about sound with more days because In the past i have regreted giving opinions with much emotion and little experience. I could compare with tehnz in the near future if anyone's interested.

The fit however is awesome.

YES, please post comparison iwth Tenhnz P4pro if you have it with the DMG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back