Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 10, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #26,791 of 63,946
One doubt. I had buyed a Xioami piston colorful edition on gearbest more than a year Ago. At the time i only had KZ ate. The pistons 3 Where praised so well that i expected them to be on par or best than my KZ. I did some research and the pistons colorful edition should sound the same or close to original pistons 3. Well, i was Very dissapointed when they arrived. They Just sounded bad, with a Very low volume and with no punch. Anyone listened to these colorful Edition ? I heard someone talk well about pistons fresh Edition and It made me remind this. Maybe i got s falsefied piston ? They sounded so cheap by the time that i have never touched them again, and i think i lost them. They were Very cheap $$, so i was'nt actually mad, bit they were supossed to sound Very good. And they sounded Just like a earbud that comes with a ordinary smartphone. Like the Samsungs That comes with Galaxy S3, s4 etc. This is How they Would sound ? Or maybe New pistons deserve a bet. They could make a good gift.

I had the Xiaomi Piston 3, Piston Colorful, Piston Basic, and Piston Youth edition. Early versions of the youth and colorful editions sounded extremely similar to the Piston 3. However, newer IEMs like the KZ ZST and ZS5 completely outclass them in terms of sound now. The Piston 3s just sound tiny and muddy by comparison.

Jan 10, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #26,792 of 63,946
One thing I know about the ZS6 (and to a lesser extent the ZS5) is that I have to use different tips to normal, for all other IEMs, I end up using wide bore large MandarinES tips, but if I do that with these KZ IEMs, my ears quite literally get incenerated by the super hot treble, so I have to down size to the normal bore medium MandarinES...

These are most definitely the most tip dependent IEMs that I've ever owned.

Was just looking at these MandarinES tips. Which one would fit the ZS5? Symbio N or Symbio W? Not too sure about the nozzle sizes of the ZS5 and the ZST.

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #26,793 of 63,946
Don't know how legit this is, but I just found this earphone on eBay called the QKZ CK5 and it looks EXACTLY like the KZ ES3 but rebranded as "QKZ".
Do you know what's crazy though? Apparently they only cost $3! That's right, three bucks!!! :astonished::astonished:

Regardless whether they're legit or not, I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy them just cause it's only $3. Once I get them, I will report back on here whether if it's fake or real. I'm really hoping on the latter as the original ES3 costs like 5x the price of that, so $3 would basically be considered free :grin:

Here's the link if anyone else wants to take the risk: https://www.ebay.com/itm/QKZ-CK5-Sp...dphones-Transparent-Bass-Earbuds/382289320952

looks like fonge t01 as well: http://www.aproear.co.uk/fonge-t01-sport-earphone/
I bought one as a christmas gift, and it sounded ok from the quick listening i did before gifting them.

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #26,794 of 63,946
UPDATE

ES3 arrived too, it was fine, i like it. not as bassy and fun as ZS3 but for music its good the ES3. Worth it.

BUT ZS3 defective again

KZ ZS3 ordered on November AND December BOTH are DEFECTIVE BATCH!

my second ZS3 Arrived today,A replacement. And guess what...It too is Defective same problem, Right side is dead.

-Lets see how Gearbest will respond, the gave partial refund the first time, now i think they will not... Stay tuned perhaps.

This just sucks...

Jan 10, 2018 at 8:05 AM Post #26,795 of 63,946
Don't know how legit this is, but I just found this earphone on eBay called the QKZ CK5 and it looks EXACTLY like the KZ ES3 but rebranded as "QKZ".
Do you know what's crazy though? Apparently they only cost $3! That's right, three bucks!!! :astonished::astonished:

Regardless whether they're legit or not, I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy them just cause it's only $3. Once I get them, I will report back on here whether if it's fake or real. I'm really hoping on the latter as the original ES3 costs like 5x the price of that, so $3 would basically be considered free :grin:

Here's the link if anyone else wants to take the risk: https://www.ebay.com/itm/QKZ-CK5-Sp...dphones-Transparent-Bass-Earbuds/382289320952
Yeah i ordered them too for 2.55€ + shipping some 0,30 € or so under 3 dollarinos.

Lest see if the cable fits ES3 yeah! Stay tuned to see the results :D

Jan 10, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #26,797 of 63,946
UPDATE

ES3 arrived too, it was fine, i like it. not as bassy and fun as ZS3 but for music its good the ES3. Worth it.

BUT ZS3 defective again

KZ ZS3 ordered on November AND December BOTH are DEFECTIVE BATCH!

my second ZS3 Arrived today,A replacement. And guess what...It too is Defective same problem, Right side is dead.

-Lets see how Gearbest will respond, the gave partial refund the first time, now i think they will not... Stay tuned perhaps.

This just sucks...[/QUOTE

Yea I'm getting a bit leery about ordering from GB and AE. Lately a couple of items have arrived defective ootb and the CS had been non existent....only saving grace is that the items were so cheap financially not a great loss but very irritating.

Jan 10, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #26,799 of 63,946
Hello, I want to ask for help.

I like my KZ ES3. Stage, treble, mids, better bass than ZST, but no boomy like hybrid Xiaomi, decent sub-bass. The best earphones compared to my IEM (Xiaomi hybrid, KZ ZST, KZ ATR, KZ ZSE). The only downside is the memory wire.

All in all I did find my holy grail. In terms of sound I got much more, than I paied.

I am looking for Over-Ear confortable budget headphones for my wife, with same sound signature like KZ ES3.

I look at Sony MDR-ZX310, but never heared them.

Sound source will be mp3 player Benjie X1.

Any advice appriciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #26,801 of 63,946
Don't know if anyone already posted this, but the KZ ZSR can be now bought for USD 16.99 at Gearbest. Just use the code KZZSR. That's USD 18.43 with the cheapest shipping option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back