The discovery thread!
Aug 22, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #37,381 of 101,344
I am using a hand made 8 core pure silver cable on my ON2. You want to talk about an upgrade to the sonics. It sounds nothing like an on ear. ON2s are surprising. I hope Aaron makes a full sized can using the same tuning one day.

Aug 22, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #37,382 of 101,344
In other news. KZ AS10 on MD for $53, https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kz-as10-iem

sOZ7LtlbRFCzKcjdONtZ_AI7B5357-copy-banner.jpg

Aug 22, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #37,384 of 101,344
I have both. Actually bought the on2 because headband on the ESW9 broke and ATH quoted me over €100 for replacement parts.
I love them both in different way, ESW9 is little bit more relaxed with nice mids (as it is ATH).
On2 little bit more balanced to my ears.

As Dsnuts said, you are in for the treat. I mean, I havent met anyone who would not like it On2, they are one of the best portables I've heard.
I haven't heard the DT1350 but I used to own the T51p. I liked them, but I think On2 are better all around.

Just to add, Thinksound CS is brilliant. One of my cables broke (you get 2 with On2) and I have emailed them about it, got reply in less than 6 hours that cable is on the way to me. 5 days and I've received replacement cable in EU, no questions asked.

I am using a hand made 8 core pure silver cable on my ON2. You want to talk about an upgrade to the sonics. It sounds nothing like an on ear. ON2s are surprising. I hope Aaron makes a full sized can using the same tuning one day.

Appreciate the feedbacks guys, thanks. Also went for the Hidizs AP80.

Now the wait. Haha.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #37,385 of 101,344
Thanks.
No multi driver ?

The NineTails doesn't need a multidriver to sound amazing. Its the Single Dynamic I've been looking many years for.

Aug 22, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #37,387 of 101,344
So there are more shops now selling the DMGs. Some info on their dynamic they are using for the bass end.

HTB1BRvPBNuTBuNkHFNRq6A9qpXax.jpg

Like I mentioned before, aside from reusing parts to save on BOM, I don't really get what the benefit of having a dual coil diaphragm would be, especially if the dynamic driver is only being used for the lows.

Interestingly, Knowles China posted a feature on the DM6 on its Weibo that confirms it uses a custom-ordered BA, so there should be no real reason to believe the DMG uses non-Knowles drivers.

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #37,388 of 101,344
Are you saying I should make one? :D
Seriously - is it worth it, I meant the difference?

I bought mine used from a guy that made them. If your interested in something like this I can point you in the right direction. I use the same cable on my MSR-7 and it brings a better detailed cleaner sound to both cans. PM me and I can give you the guys info.

I have a hybrid copper/ silver coated copper cable I also use on the ON2s and it sounds great on the cans as well but silver has a little something extra. It is not a drastic difference but you will know your using silver for the cable. the cable itself will cost as much as the cans so that is up to you if you feel something like that is worth it for you.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #37,390 of 101,344
Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #37,392 of 101,344
I just bought these cables almost 2 weeks ago for $52!! They will be on sale for $45 here in a few days. This has to be the cheapest pure silver cable for iems in any termination you want. I would expect these guys to sell out of these. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MMC...cb3b8bc&transAbTest=ae803_1&priceBeautifyAB=0

HTB1cHp1AuuSBuNjSsplq6ze8pXaa.jpg

I thought this was a good deal at $52. Lol. I hate it when you buy something and then it goes on sale a week later.

"Other" silver cables will be on sale as well but not as cheap as these. If any of you guys are curious about what silver can do for your iems. I would give these a go. I should get my cable here in a weeks time. Will certainly report how they are once I get em.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #37,395 of 101,344
In other news. KZ AS10 on MD for $53, https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kz-as10-iem

sOZ7LtlbRFCzKcjdONtZ_AI7B5357-copy-banner.jpg

MD "deals" are often iffy on chi-fi stuff. You can find some aliexpress deals on it (with reviewer codes) for $50-ish too. Not to mention the upcoming 9.9 sale (though I don't expect it to go that much lower than the $60 RRP). Maybe 11.11 sale later on. Tempted since its a mass-produced 5BA instead of the usual DIY all-BA stuff you get from taobao (most of which are really good, though I can't mention due to the nature of the DIY stuff)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back