The discovery thread!
May 2, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #33,211 of 101,620
listening session at dawn: The Trinity Masters out of the Calyx M (or any good DAP) amped by a class A portable amp are ear boggling! true 3 dimensional sound with musical communication unrivaled in previous Trinity products and most other IEMs....Ajja and Cosmosis album The Alien Jams from peakrec.com, which is my best digital guitar electronica recording, revealed details and soundscapes I've not heard before....attack and lyricism on Ajja's incredible guitar work was unparalleled, and bass approached Aurisonic 2.0 levels....a WOW experience!!

May 3, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #33,215 of 101,620
Latest addition to my headphone collection: Meters Music OV-1

P1010709.JPG

May 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #33,216 of 101,620
Those have a cool design. How they sound? Does the sound meter actually work when listening to music? That would be cool. They almost have a similar style to my Sennheiser HD630VB.

Last edited:
May 3, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #33,217 of 101,620
Still burning in but first listen the bass is pretty full on, mids are very nice and treble is not too hot. You can switch the vu meters on or switch on noise cancelling. Very comfortable. They are very easy to drive

May 3, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #33,220 of 101,620
Finally put together the Masters, listened before burn in, they do
Indeed sound nice. Burning in now.

May 3, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #33,221 of 101,620
I have been listening to them since I got them and they have taken my attention from every new and old phone in my possession. Tried out some filters and I am liking the stock filters for a musical tilt to the Masters sound. Full bodied mids and bass. Supposed rolled off highs. I do detects upper treble roll off but not enough to deter relevant treble coherency. It is just down right enjoyable with a spacious tuning which is not easy to do for most iems.

I do have a new can coming my way that should get me to pry myself away from the Masters. But that is for another day.

May 3, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #33,222 of 101,620
I must say that I am also quite impressed with the Masters, especially for the insane price I got them at. I've made comparisons with the 2000j and the PA beryllium (Just a brilliant iem in all aspects) and after spending quite a bit of time with the overwhelming amount of filters, it was clear to me at least that the silver filters (damped and undamped) provided the fullest lushest sound with very impressive textured bass, great mids and some extended treble sparkle. Might be missing some of the overall refinement and coherency of the PA Be but not far off and certainly a very enjoyable listen. Still could probably use more burn in so I'll continue to track the progress.:ksc75smile: I also have the Hunters on order and am gearing up to hear how much improvement that much dinero can get you with Trinity. That is.....if it's shipped anytime before I lose my hearing from age related decline.

May 4, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #33,223 of 101,620
Glad all you patient Trinity fans finally got your Masters and are burning in, listening and appreciating what a gem the MASTER is. Keep burnin....and try amping them cause they scale up well with more power.......wondering how they would sound if balanced mode was possible...not clear if it is due to fixed input on each driver pod...would be good if that was clarified. Bob Trinity is appreciating some positive feedback at last (ie.that these were worth waiting for a a great sound engineering achievement), without being a fanboy, i can honestly say they are a new level of accomplishment for Trinity and his team. let him and their team know....and lets all hope the PM6,Hunter and new Icarus lineup is released sooner than later...... btw, out of Pono they are exceptional, and with Pono amped out of
RS Audio Emmeline (class A portable amp with two 9volt batteries) they are even more extraordinary!!! but they sound good out of HTC 10 phone also....and keep getting better the more they are played...

May 5, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #33,225 of 101,620
Tour iFi iTubes2 in my hands, and after MUCH help from Lawrance, I have it hooked up properly. Sounds especially sweet through my Shanling M1, UM Martian, with Steview Ray Vaughan playing... Thank you @iFi audio

35ryNvO.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back