The discovery thread!
Apr 29, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #33,196 of 102,666
YEP PM4s rock, bass is mushy out of the box but after about 25 hrs of burn in improving quite a bit. Soundstage is good and responds really better with Mojo powering them out of HTC 10 on Tidal. still burning in of course, and expect they will be MASTERFUL so to speak, after 100 hrs. were worth waiting for especially at special price. haven't messed with filters or decor yet. new cable system is interesting, but prevents one from really changing the sound signature, as
entry path to IEM is fixed input on six inch lead cable into main cable plug in. but seems to be good Trinity standard cabling.

Apr 29, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #33,198 of 102,666
New Radius PDD(piezo and dynamic driver) earphone...
https://translate.google.com/transl...w.radius.co.jp/products/hp-twf00/&prev=search
upload_2017-4-29_15-0-42.jpeg

Dynamic type + piezo type (DDM type)

driver Dynamic diaphragm Φ 9.5 mm (Titanium coating) + Piezoelectric diaphragm Φ 10.5 mm
Output sound pressure level 98 ± 3 dB / mW
Playback frequency band 20 Hz to 40000 Hz
Maximum input 5 mW
Impedance 32 Ω
plug Φ 3.5 mm gold plated stereo mini plug

$250 and to be released around middle of May. Claims of a more ergonomic design with better fit. Fit not being the best radius trait in the past but these do look better in that way.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #33,200 of 102,666
YEP PM4s rock, bass is mushy out of the box but after about 25 hrs of burn in improving quite a bit. Soundstage is good and responds really better with Mojo powering them out of HTC 10 on Tidal. still burning in of course, and expect they will be MASTERFUL so to speak, after 100 hrs. were worth waiting for especially at special price. haven't messed with filters or decor yet. new cable system is interesting, but prevents one from really changing the sound signature, as
entry path to IEM is fixed input on six inch lead cable into main cable plug in. but seems to be good Trinity standard cabling.

Burn in on the Masters are a must but I am very much enjoying these. They sound actually mind blowing out of the X5iii. The PM4 was great but these Masters take that tuning to a whole new level. Considering I only payed something like $80 for the Masters. These have to be the absolute best sounding anything I have bought at anywhere near this price range. I was very close to cancelling my Hunters but now I am so much looking forward to Trninitys flagship earphones.

If they scale as much as these Masters do. They might overtake my Z5 for earphone supremacy.

Observations last night listening to some High rez music on my X5iii. The sound seems to project out of the shells. The resolution of the earphones are outstanding. Love the full bodied dimensional sound these have. I have yet to hear a tune I didn't like from the Masters. Smooth yet very transparent. Bass has indeed tightened up with 2 days of burn. Guys that are getting the Masters are in for a very nice treat. Let a friend hear the Masters and he was blown away how good it sounded out of my X5iii.

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #33,201 of 102,666
Apr 30, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #33,202 of 102,666
Pono still rocks despite its limited feature set compared to New DAPs still amazing SQ that is accurate and musical at same time Some head first are collecting 2d one as back ups in case new ones disappear from market Balanced output on Pono is still supremely satisfying to get Max out of many iems and headphones! Let us hope for Pono ressurection! Ayre got the sound
Right!!

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #33,203 of 102,666
I got them, L (Trinity) but the erector set/assemble/choose a filter aspect of it has me intimidated, so it's still in the box (too many other toys I'm busy with also allows up the works). But, from all I'm hearing, time to unbox and burn...

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #33,204 of 102,666
I'm one of those who bought a back up Pono... $200 on sale at Fry's, don't think anything near the price can touch it sounds wise, especially balanced. It doesn't mate well with all iems though, sometimes the combo is soft, with rolled off his. Recently listening to the Pioneer XDP-300R, nice sounding, also had balanced option. Costs more, especially now. Haven't done much heat to head, strikes me as drier, more treble. Android based, does the wifi/streaming/bluetooth thing (but on not sure that is all that much value... my HTC10 does all that just fine. I mostly keep all that of, drains the battery).

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #33,205 of 102,666
I got them, L (Trinity) but the erector set/assemble/choose a filter aspect of it has me intimidated, so it's still in the box (too many other toys I'm busy with also allows up the works). But, from all I'm hearing, time to unbox and burn...

YES Burn baby Burn!!!. takes quite a while for the dynamic drivers to burn in and catch up with the BA drivers, so they sound trebly at first and bass wobbly, but gradually start balancing out and go BOOM! with accurate tones and great dynamics, especially if amped. sound good out of HTC 10, but great out of good DAPs if also amped. serious audiophile tool at bargain basement price.....ya know, i haven't messed with filters yet either, too much choice, and one that it came with ok till burn in further on.....so Burn Baby Burn.....

Apr 30, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #33,206 of 102,666
Apr 30, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #33,207 of 102,666
(made it through, but hate it so far. Hopefully they fix things up in not too long a time...)

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #33,208 of 102,666

Users who are viewing this thread

Back