The discovery thread!
Oct 13, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #30,826 of 101,798
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Puro-Sound-Labs-IEM500-Studio-Grade-In-Ear-Monitors-with-Dual-Dynamic-Drivers-/311362867142?hash=item487eac4fc6

Anyone want to help a poor Canadian out? Great price but they won't ship to Canada.​

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #30,827 of 101,798
Anyone want to help a poor Canadian out? Great price but they won't ship to Canada.​

There is always Borderlinx for that. :wink:

All you have to do is open an account on Borderlinx and choose your virtual either American or England address that you want the seller to send your item then tell Borderlinx what you want to buy and send the link. They will calculate the shipping cost and let you know and ship to your local address via DHL. I have bought 4 pairs of soundsoul s-018 and only paid $12 for DHL shipping. It reached my doorstep in only 3 days.

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #30,828 of 101,798
CKR9LTD is awesome with JVC spiral dots. Definitely the best deal of the year. :etysmile:

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #30,830 of 101,798
I would pay almost as much as the item is worth if I use Borderlinx. ​

@Yangian, if your up to buying one and shipping it to me I can forward the money to you. Just PM me. If you haven't heard the IEM and would like to try it before you buy it, I would be more than happy to let you use them for a week or so before mailing them to me. This is more a curiosity buy than anything so I am not in a rush to receive them.

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #30,831 of 101,798
I guess this review is worthy of Discovery :)  Just posted my write-up of Voxoa / BTunes VXB wireless BT4.0 w/apt-X adapter: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784505/review-of-voxoa-btunes-vxb-bluetooth-4-0-apt-x-adapter-don-t-just-cut-your-headphones-wire-get-rid-of-it

Cool little gadget to turn your full size with a removable cable (3.5mm or 2.5mm) into wireless.  They even running a promo now, I posted a link in my review, for $59.  Don't even bother going to Amazon, in there it's $99.

Oct 13, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #30,832 of 101,798
  I guess this review is worthy of Discovery :)  Just posted my write-up of Voxoa / BTunes VXB wireless BT4.0 w/apt-X adapter: http://www.head-fi.org/t/784505/review-of-voxoa-btunes-vxb-bluetooth-4-0-apt-x-adapter-don-t-just-cut-your-headphones-wire-get-rid-of-it

Cool little gadget to turn your full size with a removable cable (3.5mm or 2.5mm) into wireless.  They even running a promo now, I posted a link in my review, for $59.  Don't even bother going to Amazon, in there it's $99.

That is an awesome idea. Nice find and review!

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #30,833 of 101,798
  I ordered a pair of FXH 30 

You can add me to the list, just ordered them couple days ago and should arrive shortly. I also have the FXH20, can do a comparison with the Tenore if anyone's interested.

I'm interested!

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #30,836 of 101,798
Just wanted to share this new find with you folks here

I got in two samples yesterday called LZ A1 and A2. While both are good, A2 is the real star of the show. please find my impressions below in the spoiler box along with pics! I copied them from my other posts to make it easier.

LZ A1

LZ A2

Impressions 

These are really early impressions but I don't really expect them to change too much. Will give them some time to settle in before giving anything definite

LZ A1
This was the first one I tried. I wasn't sure what to expect. The build quality is quite for the price I must say. The cable is not like the ones that came with my KZ iems, they are soft and supple and easy to handle.

To sum it up: V- shape well done. If you like your iems fun and bassy and decently detailed, these are for you. They are really enjoyable and bass bloom isn't that bad. Reminds me of the VSD3. The nozzle is a bit wider than normal so I had a bit of trouble changing tips. But its not my cup of tea as I like something more balanced. But honestly they are great for the price. 

LZ A2
Okay now the flagship A2. It came with a wider assortment of accessories and improved build quality. I was rather impressed by its build quality and they are SO DAMN COMFORTABLE its not even funny. Good strain reliefs, good cable that is easily manageable. Aesthetically pleasing as well.

And now to the sound. As my friend Vince likes to say, these are AMAZEBALLSTM 

These are very very nicely balanced top to bottom. North of neutral in terms of warmth, but ever so slightly. Detailed sound with very good treble extension with NO harshness or peaks. Midrange is clear and engaging. I would not classify it as mid forward nor recessed, but just right. Bass is mid bass focussed that goes down deep with fast decay. No midrange bloom to speak of, and omg dat bass texture 
eek.gif
 Sub bass is quite a treat when listening to songs like Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson. 

Great instrument separation, good sonic cues and very good layering of instruments. Soundstage feels big with solid imaging, wider than it is tall and depth is above average.

I honestly can't believe this thing costs less than a hundred bucks, like how :/  These don't sound like hybrids at all, meaning it has seamless transition from treble to mids to bass. This thing is a freak of nature. How does it sound detailed, engaging and warm at the same time? 

The A2 improved with a good dac/amp. Sounded noticeably better out of my Geek Out v2 vs my mac or iPod alone. Bass is tighter and sub bass is more prominent along with improved midrange clarity when amped properly. While the A2 might be easy to drive, you do need to feed them a good amp/dac to get the most out of them. To my ears, the bass benefited the most with amping, becoming more balanced and tighter with stronger sub bass. Bass hits hard and fast, digging deep with quick decay. Without amping it sounded more L shaped, but with a good amp it was a very balanced sound with delectable bass that is really addicting. 

These are not hyper detailed like the Venture Electronics Duke, but it is a very enjoyable and non fatiguing listening experience with performance punching way above what its price would suggest!

These are early impressions (take it with a pinch of salt) and I tried to capture my thoughts as best as I can. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask! A2 was a genuine surprise, really surpassed my expectations

Edit: I should mention that the last few days I have been listening to the Sony EX1000 along with the Ortofon EQ8, so I am coming from some bright and energetic iems. Even without brain burn in, the LZ A2 sounds fantastic! As with anything ymmv!

Lao, the creator of this little gem, has only a tao bao store at the moment.
http://world.taobao.com/item/520349553484.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-3074559562.2.q1x3WA

Using some wide bore JVC tips (non spiral dot ones) and it sounds even better then yesterday. The spin fit and sony hybrid tips are smaller than the nozzle and the A2 really benefits from a wide bore tip.

I really can't get enough of that midrange. My impressions are better than yesterday now. Guys you need to hear this. Preferably with a soft tip wide bore tip! My favourite tips so far are

1. JVC Wide bore tips (the ones that come with xtreme xplosive iems, and spiral dots) - gives most balanced sound
  2. Sennheiser Double flange medium size (sounds more airy)
  3. Spin fits (you lose some bass but it sounds really light and airy)

here is a pic of them from today

Edit: If one wishes to get in touch with the seller, here is his english speaking friend's skype contact that the seller gave me - faithaudio

Edit 2: They have an official store up now with support for paypal :) http://faith-audio.mybigcommerce.com/

Oct 14, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #30,837 of 101,798
Oct 14, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #30,838 of 101,798
You ought to ask him if he plans on setting up an Aliexpress store.  If not, suggest that he does.  It would be easier this way for many of us to get them as opposed to Taobao.

+1

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #30,839 of 101,798
  You ought to ask him if he plans on setting up an Aliexpress store.  If not, suggest that he does.  It would be easier this way for many of us to get them as opposed to Taobao.

Yup, messaged him to consider setting up an AE store as soon as he can. But I think it might take a few days. Hopefully not too long.

till then if you need to contact the bloke directly, here is a skype contact to get in touch with his english speaking buddy: faithaudio

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #30,840 of 101,798

These are very very nicely balanced top to bottom. North of neutral in terms of warmth, but ever so slightly. Detailed sound with very good treble extension with NO harshness or peaks. Midrange is clear and engaging. I would not classify it as mid forward nor recessed, but just right. Bass is mid bass focused that goes down deep with fast decay. No midrange bloom to speak of, and omg dat bass texture 
eek.gif
 Sub bass is quite a treat when listening to songs like Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson. 

Great instrument separation, good sonic cues and very good layering of instruments. Soundstage feels big with solid imaging, wider than it is tall and depth is above average.

Nice impressions!! Was waiting to hear what these sounded like. Sounds quite a bit like the CKR9 LTD except for a more linear treble and needing an amp more. I even use the same tips on my CKR as they give a bit more high end balance though the spiral dots are good as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back