The discovery thread!
Oct 12, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #30,811 of 101,771
Someone needs to send Scrambler a $500 set of IEMs so he'll stop pimpin' the FXH30 lol.  All these Titan killer comments are really making me want them.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #30,812 of 101,771
nice review! i love how tiny the s500s are ! 

despite being a microdriver, it looks like even small "earred" folk will fit well

the brighter nature i think will help complement the line up they have.

being a bit of a treble head myself, that sounds intriguing

Thanks man! The only fitment issue I could see would come from nozzle size. It's not that small....pretty average actually. Really small tips would probably alleviate that issue though.

how do the rha 500s compare to your fxh30

i've been debating about getting them

The FXH30 is the more impressive sounding earphone (I still think it outperforms the Titan 1), but the S500i is better built, more feature rich, and actually provides buyers with some accessories, lol. That said, the FXH30 is still a well built earphone, just not up to the level of the RHA.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #30,813 of 101,771
Someone needs to send Scrambler a $500 set of IEMs so he'll stop pimpin' the FXH30 lol.  All these Titan killer comments are really making me want them.

Then you'll love the comment I left while you were writing this. And yes, please, someone send me some $500 dollar iems. :D I would love to try something truly top tier.

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #30,814 of 101,771
Thanks man! The only fitment issue I could see would come from nozzle size. It's not that small....pretty average actually. Really small tips would probably alleviate that issue though.
The FXH30 is the more impressive sounding earphone (I still think it outperforms the Titan 1), but the S500i is better built, more feature rich, and actually provides buyers with some accessories, lol. That said, the FXH30 is still a well built earphone, just not up to the level of the RHA.

Can you compare FXH30 to your CKR9-LTD? Which one do you like best and why? But please be honest lol 
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #30,815 of 101,771
Oct 12, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #30,816 of 101,771
There is a comparison in Scrambler's monumental, ground breaking, stellar and epic FXH30 review.  I'll let him comment on the rest.:wink:

Edit - here is the link:  http://www.head-fi.org/products/jvc-canal-type-earphone-ha-fxh30/reviews/13809

Hahaha...thanks for adding the link. I like the FXH30 more, but they both have their strengths. Edit: I also sense a hint of sarcasm in your post. Just a wee hint.

Lifted Andreas Where have you been man!? Need some backup here.

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #30,817 of 101,771
Second best
wink.gif
FXH30 is the best. Haha.

cool.gif
Even when we have 20 people confirming the Bettes are the best bang for the buck out there, B9 is still going to be going on about those JVCs.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #30,818 of 101,771
:cool: Even when we have 20 people confirming the Bettes are the best bang for the buck out there, B9 is still going to be going on about those JVCs.....

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

I think he should change his name to FXH30Scrambler :wink:. On a separate note, the "treble" statements have deterred me from getting both the Bettes and the FXH30s.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #30,819 of 101,771

Then you'll love the comment I left while you were writing this. And yes, please, someone send me some $500 dollar iems. :D I would love to try something truly top tier.

I would've If I still had my asg1plus :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #30,821 of 101,771

cool.gif
Even when we have 20 people confirming the Bettes are the best bang for the buck out there, B9 is still going to be going on about those JVCs.....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

They're a hard earphone to get people interested in. They're not quite as a easy to get a hold of since you have to import from Japan. The FXD series (and JVC's older single driver micro dd earphones) had quite the reputation for being uber bright, which is a hard reputation to break. You're pitting a single micro DD vs. a 10mm dd/ba hybrid. Since they cost about the same, which sounds more enticing? The hybrid with cool tech that you normally find on much more expensive earphones, or a single tiny dd...

Luckily the FXH30 are a pretty big departure from the FRD60 and FRD80 concerning overall sound quality. There's also only five people on Head-fi who have them, or that have confirmed they have them; hqssui, Lifted Andreas, ajaxendergimster, and myself. There's also only one English review that I know of....mine. With the exception of Lifted all four of us quite enjoy them, at least that's what I've gathered from the comments they've posted. Still waiting to see how Lifted feels about them and am looking forward to his comparo with the Zero Audio Tenore (?).

I would like to try a hybrid at some point, but if I do I want to try something a little more high end; one of the new Dunus soon to be released, Fidue A83, etc. With the Titan 1 and FXH30 in my possession, I just don't seen the need for a third earphone with a similar signature and level of sound quality. If I didn't have either of these I would probably be all over the Bettes.

I think he should change his name to FXH30Scrambler
wink.gif
. On a separate note, the "treble" statements have deterred me from getting both the Bettes and the FXH30s.

haha....I'll stick with B9, thanks 
tongue.gif
. Plus, I don't push them hard....just a mention or recommendation here and there. I think I'm significantly more subtle about it than some of our more enthusiastic members.

They're bright, but not piercing like the JVC's older stuff. If you get the opportunity to try them out you might be surprised. As verified by Joker and some other trustworthy reviewers, JVC's new stuff seems more refined and much smoother than their old earphones. Similar signatures as before, just a more matured sound. The FXH30 are not for everyone, but at minimum are worth a listen.

I would've If I still had my asg1plus 

Definitely you should invest in the VE duke :laughing:

That's because you're a stand up guy, and cheers to that. 
beerchug.gif

I really want the Duke, and all of VEs buds for that matter. If the US/Canadian VE tour is still on I'll get to try the Dukes eventually and am really looking forward to it.

2014/2015 were my intro years to the hobby. Now that I have an idea of my preferred signature I can stop messing around with the budget phones and step up to some more impressive gear. My fav earphones so far have been the FXH30, Titan 1, AS800AP, W1M, and ED10/ANV/Micro Ring. I can listen to any of these whenever and always enjoy the experience.

I tried my hand at writing honest reviews, and those who have picked up an earphone based on a review I've written always seem to enjoy them. That's makes me very happy since I get nothing out of this except the joy of helping someone find an earphone they enjoy. Heck, one particular manufacturer hasn't written back to me since I reviewed a couple of their products, even though my overall opinion was positive. Guess I rubbed them the wrong way. Sorry... That bomb dropped I think its a good indication that I'm at least honest in my reviews and comments.

If you guys are tired of mention of the FXH30, I'll back off...just let me know.

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #30,822 of 101,771

...or that have confirmed they have them; hqssui, Lifted Andreas, ajaxendergimster, and myself. 

If you guys are tired of mention of the FXH30, I'll back off...just let me know.

Ahem....I have them as well....and CKR9LTD...and Fidelio S2....and...Bette 8mm

If I hadn't had a fitting issue with the ATH, they would be my favourites. Instead the Fidelio are my number one IEM, CKR9LTD second, FXH30 third. The FXH30 fit just as perfect as the Fidelio but SQ is not where the other two are.

YEMV as always...

Cheers.

Oct 12, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #30,823 of 101,771
  Ahem....I have them as well....and CKR9LTD...and Fidelio S2....and...Bette 8mm

If I hadn't had a fitting issue with the ATH, they would be my favourites. Instead the Fidelio are my number one IEM, CKR9LTD second, FXH30 third. The FXH30 fit just as perfect as the Fidelio but SQ is not where the other two are.

YEMV as always...

Cheers.

Oh yeah! Sorry mate, I only looked at the FXH30 thread to check who had it. Forgot about our earlier conversation in this thread. We can add a sixth to the list! Are you still running your FXH30 with the stock tips? I felt they constricted the sound a bit so I run mine with wide bore tips from the Huawei Honour iem. Really lets 'em stretch their legs. If you have some long shafted wide bores that could fit and haven't tried them yet, but sure to give them a go.

If the CKR9LTDs are the same pair that I have, I can definitely see why you would like them more. They're pretty bad@$$. Haven't tried the Phillips yet unfortunately :frowning2:

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #30,824 of 101,771

Oh yeah! Sorry mate, I only looked at the FXH30 thread to check who had it. Forgot about our earlier conversation in this thread. We can add a sixth to the list! Are you still running your FXH30 with the stock tips? I felt they constricted the sound a bit so I run mine with wide bore tips from the Huawei Honour iem. Really lets 'em stretch their legs. If you have some long shafted wide bores that could fit and haven't tried them yet, but sure to give them a go.

If the CKR9LTDs are the same pair that I have, I can definitely see why you would like them more. They're pretty bad@$$. Haven't tried the Phillips yet unfortunately :frowning2:

No problem. We talked about the "oddness" of the original tips. They fit 100% my ears - sure enough I would like to try a wider bore but have nothing that would fit those nozzles. same goes for the CKR9LTD's - if I could find some tips which would not create so much pressure in my ear canal, I would love them even more. The Philips on the other hand are almost ear buds. The length of the nozzle is about half of the ATH. I really just pop them in and forget about them.

Is there a way to get those Huawei Honour tips somewhere?

Cheers.

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #30,825 of 101,771
I ordered a pair of FXH 30 

Oh yeah! Sorry mate, I only looked at the FXH30 thread to check who had it. Forgot about our earlier conversation in this thread. We can add a sixth to the list! 

You can add me to the list, just ordered them couple days ago and should arrive shortly. I also have the FXH20, can do a comparison with the Tenore if anyone's interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back