The discovery thread!
Oct 11, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #30,781 of 104,693
Hey Peter why don't you buy using Borderlinx as a forwarder?

Never heard of it before, looks like s good solution. Thanks!

Oct 11, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #30,782 of 104,693
Never heard of it before, looks like s good solution. Thanks!

No problem mate. I've bought 4 pairs of Soundsoul S-018 a few months ago and Borderlinx shipped them to my country via DHL. I only paid $12 for 4 pairs. 

Oct 11, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #30,783 of 104,693
No problem mate. I've bought 4 pairs of Soundsoul S-018 a few months ago and Borderlinx shipped them to my country via DHL. I only paid $12 for 4 pairs. 

Sounds good. I'll set up an account as soon as I'm back from Germany :)

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #30,784 of 104,693
  RE: Puro 500

Does anyone know what the impedance of this phone is? Can't find it on their website....

cool.gif
No. I've been looking as well.  I got mine Yesterday, they are quite impressive OOTB. WHAT I noticed is that they ARE rather hard to drive. So I'm guessing they are at least 32 Ohm. I suggest that if you are contemplating these you have a portable amp or a high output Player.

I have them Burning in now but from what I've heard these are going to give the Bettes more than a run for their money from an Audiophile performance perspective. Very Clear and Balanced.

I have great hopes for these as they are quite comfortable for me personally and they look cool as hell.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #30,785 of 104,693
Oct 11, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #30,786 of 104,693

cool.gif
No. I've been looking as well.  I got mine Yesterday, they are quite impressive OOTB. WHAT I noticed is that they ARE rather hard to drive. So I'm guessing they are at least 32 Ohm. I suggest that if you are contemplating these you have a portable amp or a high output Player.

Thanks! :)

Since I have a tube amp, it would be great if the impedance is higher than 32 ohms. The higher the impedance, the better.

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #30,787 of 104,693

cool.gif

I have them Burning in now but from what I've heard these are going to give the Bettes more than a run for their money from an Audiophile performance perspective. Very Clear and Balanced.

I have great hopes for these as they are quite comfortable for me personally and they look cool as hell.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Great! Thank you, Twin, to bring my attention to this great phone!
It's hard to drive. For M200, the labeled impedience is 12ohm and sensitivity is 94db. It's about the same hard to drive as Puro! The same notorious for Havi. So I think doube DDs are hard to drive than a single DD.

Oct 11, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #30,788 of 104,693

Great! Thank you, Twin, to bring my attention to this great phone!
It's hard to drive. For M200, the labeled impedience is 12ohm and sensitivity is 94db. It's about the same hard to drive as Puro! The same notorious for Havi. So I think doube DDs are hard to drive than a single DD.

No, IM50/70 and CKR9/10 are all double DD but they are easy to drive.

Oct 11, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #30,789 of 104,693
We have the latest Acoustune coming soon, Rezonate and Rezonate balanced model...

Headphone

Resonate HS1003 Dynamic Hi-Res Earbuds

(Rezonate HS1003 dynamic HiRes earphones)
hs1003R1_400x300.jpg

Most to influence of certain diaphragm material adopted our proprietary high-resolution diaphragm Myrinx (Mirinkusu) in sound quality. Conventional dynamic type are well told as a feature of "Applying to the delicacy", "tend muffled sound" to wipe out, etc. shortcomings, and, "breadth of the regeneration zone" original dynamic further "sound field feeling" It has extended. Aging is a feature of Mirinkusu diaphragm also of almost no need, you can immediately enjoy the best sound quality by opening the package.
High resolution and sound pressure over the play the entire frequency range, which is a feature of Mirinkusu diaphragm, integrated quality management, including the chamber shape and tuning techniques to optimize the spread of the sound field in the lateral direction, adopting the reverb driver technology.
4 core Nunomaki cable, L Kata-kin plating Φ3.5 plug, SpinFit earpiece shipped. The lighter and high strength with 100% aluminum CNC cutting housing.
Gun Metal Grey color

Resonate HS1005 Dynamic Hi-Res Earbuds
for AK Balanced Output

(Rezonate HS1005 dynamic hi-res earphones · AK balance output)
Rezonate Mirinkusu diaphragm and reverb driver technology has been adopted in the HS1003 intact the AK balance output corresponding to (Φ2.5,4 pole plug) equipment. In combination with the devices, further improvement in resolution and realism, extrusion feeling increases over the midrange to low range. Sure hanging dedicated cable out.
4 core Nunomaki cable, L Kata-kin plated 4-pole plug Φ2.5, SpinFit earpiece shipped. The lighter and high strength with 100% aluminum CNC cutting housing.
Shading Silver color
* Φ2.5 (4-pole) from the plug Φ3.5 (3-pole) conversion adapter to plug it is not included.

Still want to try the Acoustune earphones but they are a bit harder to come by than other stuff. Price is 21,800Yen or ~US$180.

A new Elecom headphone...

specs
  1. Sound system: closed-type mounting system: overhead type driver unit: Dynamic φ43mm
    Impedance: 16Ω
    Sound pressure sensitivity: 100dB / 1mW
    The maximum allowable input: 100mW
    Play frequency band: 20Hz ~ 40kHz
    Plug shape: φ3.5mm 3-pole mini plug Cord Length: about 1.2m and (one out)
    Size ※: width 180 × depth 80 × height 190mm (when used), width 180 × depth 50 × height 120mm (when folded)
    Mass ※: about 180g(does not include cord)

Oct 11, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #30,791 of 104,693
I recieved my pair of AICKR9LTD and my kc06a Ostrys replacments, both with 48 hours of burn in, all i got say is:

Ostrys Kc06a beats the AI CKR9LTD easy, bass mids highs details is much better on the Ostrys.

Oct 11, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #30,792 of 104,693
I recieved my pair of AICKR9LTD and my kc06a Ostrys replacments, both with 48 hours of burn in, all i got say is:

Ostrys Kc06a beats the AI CKR9LTD easy, bass mids highs details is much better on the Ostrys.

The KC06As are good no doubt about it. If Ostry ever decides to actually release something better I'll be all over it.

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #30,793 of 104,693
hey guys gotta say i'm quite enjoying the Omega  Twins out of the 3 new releases from the Fischer....

its vaguely resembles the im70s from audio technica....  

nice, warm and punchy, and still smooth but not muffled by any means

the fit is much much easier and forgettable compared to the hulk like housing that is the im70s

flatter and more low profile design.  and there seems to be a filter or a divider in the nozzle separating the two drivers until they reach your ears....

interesting.....

Oct 11, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #30,795 of 104,693

Still want to try the Acoustune earphones but they are a bit harder to come by than other stuff. Price is 21,800Yen or ~US$180.

A new Elecom headphone...

specs
  1. Sound system: closed-type mounting system: overhead type driver unit: Dynamic φ43mm
    Impedance: 16Ω
    Sound pressure sensitivity: 100dB / 1mW
    The maximum allowable input: 100mW
    Play frequency band: 20Hz ~ 40kHz
    Plug shape: φ3.5mm 3-pole mini plug Cord Length: about 1.2m and (one out)
    Size ※: width 180 × depth 80 × height 190mm (when used), width 180 × depth 50 × height 120mm (when folded)
    Mass ※: about 180g(does not include cord)

looks a lot like the sony mdr 10r except it looks like it can fold

quite like the gold and black colour scheme.... but this is off topic but (i'm still iffy about that colour combo its still since Drake make this out my toronto raptors... UGHHH

when before it was this before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back