The discovery thread!
Aug 25, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #30,076 of 99,967
Aug 25, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #30,077 of 99,967
I'm waiting for you to get the Zens balanced so that you can torture me even more lol!
[/quote]

2 things keeping me from going balanced Zen 1)have to complete my review (actually started, but details of life keeps getting in the way). 2)I believe I will have to do without it for a long time. But, being able to torture you even further is a motivator!

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #30,078 of 99,967
Duke sounds interesting...love the Zen and have listened to them quite a bit, really a revelation. However, they're having trouble competing for eat time right now, between the HE-1000 and the acs Encore. On vacation, plugging the acs into the Pono now, fail asleep to some high resolution Kinks...

You're dangerous doc. I'm already having a very tough time resisting the Pono largely due to you. The HE1K's are pricey enough for me that resistance is not entirely futile for them. But now you bring up some unknown "acs Encores"? When does it end lol!

HEHEHEHEHE!
The Encore is a custom iem, molds of ears needed and all that. They have this incredibly realistic portrayal of space and sour between instruments, different presentation than the HEK, but as canoeing in its way. And, they do sound GREAT out of the Pono (everyone should own a Pono imo :smiley:) . Not sure I'd go the custom rout again, though.

Why may you not go custom again? I've been debating on getting customs for a while now...

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #30,079 of 99,967
Why may you not go custom again? I've been debating on getting customs for a while now...[/quote]

Well, I believe I'm a tough fit. Many seem to get their molds, wait a while, they arrive, and, bingo, great fit, great sound, done. I've never had an easy time with fit/seal with universals, seem to have a mutant left ear canal, always struggle with getting a good fit. In theory, getting customs, with a mold JUST FOR ME would seem the answer...but I always worried the same thing COULD happen. I won't go into all the boring details, but I started the process with acs a bit before Black Friday. Been through multiple retaking of molds, some mechanical problems, 1 upgrade (started with the T1, upgraded to the Encore), sent it back multiple times, just about a week or so for it came back for what seems like the final time. Still not 100% perfect in the left, but close enough. Sound is exquisite in my early impressions. ACS did handle it nicely and professionally. Still, we're talking about 10-11 months it took to get here. If things stay good, though, I'll feel it was worth it in the end (these are the most open, wide, realistic in ears I've ever heard...as they should be for the price...)

That's the short version (at least, short for me), PM me if you want all the little details. Think you get the idea, though.

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #30,080 of 99,967
Aug 26, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #30,081 of 99,967
Missed opportunity to tell everyone how good the Macaw's really are. I'm using some double flange tips with them and they're just so yummy.
biggrin.gif

Yes, for now :wink: 

I'm really looking forward to @Selenium comparison between the CKR9LTD's and the Macaw's. That will give me a better idea on how the Macaw's really sound than I've got now )I'm afraid of to thin mids and lacking bass.....). No preassure @Selenium 
gs1000.gif

Tormorrow my package from Venture Electronics should arrive so I'll have plenty to enjoy anyway 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #30,082 of 99,967
Yes, for now :wink: 

I'm really looking forward to @Selenium
 comparison between the CKR9LTD's and the Macaw's. That will give me a better idea on how the Macaw's really sound than I've got now )I'm afraid of to thin mids and lacking bass.....). No preassure @Selenium
 :gs1000smile:

Tormorrow my package from Venture Electronics should arrive so I'll have plenty to enjoy anyway :tongue_smile:

Oh it absolutely sounds thin in the mids and lacking bass when compared to the red CKR9s. But it nails it's own sound sig so hard. Come to the bright side, Peter. :wink:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-B0vLnUjGk[/VIDEO]

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #30,083 of 99,967
Oh it absolutely sounds thin in the mids and lacking bass when compared to the red CKR9s. But it nails it's own sound sig so hard. Come to the bright side, Peter. :wink:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-B0vLnUjGk[/VIDEO]

Lol, I tend to enjoy different signatures but lately I've started to get fatigue pretty fast with IEM's that doesn't have a tje fullness in the midrange...

Let's see what the Duke/Runabout combo brings to the table first :wink:

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #30,087 of 99,967
Hypechill
tongue.gif

Joking bro
biggrin.gif

I have both the R2A and Duke, and IMO the Duke is definitely more hifi sounding, with much better controlled bass, much much better clarity and more realistic sounding soundstage. With a little mod to make foam tips flush with the nozzle, it sounds much better imo. 

So its not just Hype, its a really good iem. For whatever reason the treble isn't giving me too much trouble so I like it with the tip mod and regular stock double flange tip.

IMO the R2A is okay for the KS price, and certainly not worth the full retail price. The R2A is fun for out and about with its nice bass :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back