The discovery thread!
Aug 27, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #30,107 of 99,922
  That's true, you had a lot of players to play around with. I hope this time you will enjoy the xuelin player with this amazing deal of an in-ear.

I'm surprised, I didn't expect most people to keep around a 8 year old walkman, that's funny (in a good way)!

Ugh...but I'll be in the same situation in the atlas' kickstarter page when I order this amazing ltd.

I'll be thinking over it. 

Seems the 15 LTD's are already gone now but the seller seems to have more than another 10 available now. Where do they get them
tongue.gif

I will compare my CKR9 impressions with the LTD using the same S639 which is another reason it is still good to have it. Hope to confirm the previous stated improvements from the regular 9's :)

I received a apir of the Acoustune earphone, the HS1001 model.  I like it a lot.  I felt like sitting on the front row of a live concert hall when listening music played on my Android smartphone.

Cool, look forward to more impressions. That's what they were shooting for, "A venture company of unique acoustic products delivering with rich sound feeling of live performance"!

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #30,108 of 99,922
cool.gif
You Guys need to seriously consider these Bette 10MM Hybrids. I'm making no claims other than they are VERY good and have come down to around $43 on Ebay and Amazon.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #30,109 of 99,922
Quote:

Seems the 15 LTD's are already gone now but the seller seems to have more than another 10 available now. Where do they get them
tongue.gif

I will compare my CKR9 impressions with the LTD using the same S639 which is another reason it is still good to have it. Hope to confirm the previous stated improvements from the regular 9's :)

Cool, look forward to more impressions. That's what they were shooting for, "A venture company of unique acoustic products delivering with rich sound feeling of live performance"!

Glad to read that, I'm eagerly awaiting your ltd impressions. When will they arrive? (out of gesticulation).

Also, I'm happy there's more in stock, but now I"m afraid if they'll run out...I have little time left dang it.

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #30,110 of 99,922
Also looking for new dap as i have clip+ right now. Heard good things about xduo x2 while i wait for dx80 to drop. Anyone have/had x2 and clip+, is it worthy upgrade?

Can't help you with the X2, but the Xuelin 770C - while not being super slick functionality wise - is a damn sweet sounding and good looking DAP for around $100. 

Aug 28, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #30,112 of 99,922
Pono!!!!!

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #30,114 of 99,922
Pono!!!!!

I agree! 

I agree!

Actually, based on Doc and others, I know that the Pono is great/awesome. And it's a pretty safe assumption that the X7 will also be great/awesome (and it will support streaming - coolio). But the Pono is $300-400, and the X7 will be $700, so for something that sounds awesome at $100 (to tie oneself over until forking over the big ass $$$), the Xuelin 770C is a great option! :)

Aug 28, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #30,115 of 99,922
Can find Pono for $249 if you subscribe to the Frys promo email and check daily...still more than $100, and haven't heard the other dap, but think it is worth it (i paid more, was with it).

Aug 28, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #30,116 of 99,922
I have been considering the Pono. I'm thinking about upgrading my DX50. I may just wait for the Geek Wave. I don't know if I really need to upgrade any time soon. I haven't heard a higher end DAP that I can compare to. Maybe that's a good thing :p

Aug 28, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #30,117 of 99,922
I have been considering the Pono. I'm thinking about upgrading my DX50. I may just wait for the Geek Wave. I don't know if I really need to upgrade any time soon. I haven't heard a higher end DAP that I can compare to. Maybe that's a good thing :p

Really a case of synergy imo. I prefer Sony H3 with DX50 over Pono Player. Yet my ER4S sound much better with Pono than DX50.. I don't think there's simply always a matter of spending more to upgrade. Not with DAPs, not with IEMs.

If you can demo something with your gear first, its the safest way.

Aug 28, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #30,118 of 99,922
That's interesting...I'm in total agreement on the idea of component synergy, I guess personal SQ preferences have a lot to do with it as well. I, for instance, think it is much more organic sounding than my DX90, more flesh on the bones, so to speak. I've hardly touched the DX90 since getting it. And, to my ears, it has worked well with every headphone I use EXCEPT my Ety 4s, didn't like the combo. Oh well, different strokes and all that...
As for need, no one "needs" anything but their phone, it's more a "want" thing, as in, "i want the best sound I can afford".
Oh, and eventually (which, with LH Labs could be tomorrow or in 2 years...) I have a Wave coming, fully tricked out. I expect it will be much better than the Pono, but for the cost differential it had better. Have no idea how the base Wave and Pono will compare, but I assume comparisons will be posted and strong opinions well be heard.

Aug 28, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #30,119 of 99,922
A great combo, that I have with me on vacation, is my Pono and my acs Encores. Not inexpensive (I forget exactly, didn't but it in one shoot, started with their old flagship, T1, at 50% off, then went for an upgrade, is in the $1000-1200 range). Man, does this sound great. Left my HE-1000 home, encore had me not missing it (...too much...). Amazing open soundstage, detail, great body to instruments, close to getting off the headphone merry-go-round. Still going around reaching for that ring on the electronics side. In the meantime, think I need a balanced cable from the Encore to the Pono...

Aug 28, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #30,120 of 99,922
That's interesting...I'm in total agreement on the idea of component synergy, I guess personal SQ preferences have a lot to do with it as well. I, for instance, think it is much more organic sounding than my DX90, more flesh on the bones, so to speak. I've hardly touched the DX90 since getting it. And, to my ears, it has worked well with every headphone I use EXCEPT my Ety 4s, didn't like the combo. Oh well, different strokes and all that...
As for need, no one "needs" anything but their phone, it's more a "want" thing, as in, "i want the best sound I can afford".
Oh, and eventually (which, with LH Labs could be tomorrow or in 2 years...) I have a Wave coming, fully tricked out. I expect it will be much better than the Pono, but for the cost differential it had better. Have no idea how the base Wave and Pono will compare, but I assume comparisons will be posted and strong opinions well be heard.

Let me put this in another perspective. The advantages I achieve running Sony H3 with Pono compared to iBasso DX50 are minimal at best,  the advantage is forgivable imo, and I put this down to Sony H3's warm signature and tonality being less revealing of the source. ER4S on the other hand are a lot more transparent, much more so when you consider its ability to reveal detail, micro detail, and I believe its this reason I pick up such larger differences. It does leave the question of whether spending big money on a source really benefits warmer or darker IEM / headphones to the same extent. 

I like my Pono player, but its not the end to all in my stable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back