The discovery thread!
Aug 24, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #30,046 of 101,321
  Hook me up with the dregs.

I will probably buy the ath-ckr9ltd after the atlas. 

Yeah I feel you, and here I am still with a sony walkman and the cayin c5 amplifier. Makes me wonder, how the heck did I resist the hype of other players/amps?

I didn't get it right the first time. Went Fiio X1, then Sony, A15. Then got the 770C new once I saw they went with some changes tweaks. Still have my S639 Walkman which is good for the radio and ease of use.

Don't wait too long,  7 LTD left at that price :)

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #30,047 of 101,321

You probably resisted because that's probably a nice combo! Good work!

The VE Zen earbuds have helped me resist a lot of stuff. And the Xuelin 770 has helped as well. I did break down not too long ago and get the Cayin C5. I mainly use it off of my laptop + Hifimediy sabre dac, and I really enjoy the combo, but some day I'm sure I'll break down and get a nice desktop dac and/or amp. Fwiw, I still use and enjoy the C&C/BH combo - I thought it would gather dust, but the Zens sound great off of it.

How does the BH go with the 770? I always liked the soundstage and battery life aspects but that bass was always reported as a bit loose but since the 770C new has such clean tight bass it should add up the right way to some quality fun!

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #30,048 of 101,321
Do you mean GT100S has clearer mids than CKR9LTD? How do you compare the bass and treble? Does GT100S sound natural or thin compared to CKR9LTD? Thank you.

Honestly, when switching between the CKR9LTD and GT100s, I have to go through some pretty intense brain-in every time. Compared to the MacaW, the red CKR9 is a seductive, intimate bass monster. Part of what makes the GT100S so clear is the lack of any kind of mid-bass hump and a fair amount of treble emphasis - so perceived clarity, but it's a very clear earphone any way you slice it.

Now another one of those CKR9LTD's has sold! Wonder who...oh wait. That was me :wink: .

What the hell, I have the Spiral dots for them, I have the Xuelin and know it will synergize well. And thanks again to Vlenbo for the CKR9 tour back when so I have previous experience. No reason not to at the price as they seem to sound as they should.

I think you'll dig 'em. Hard not to. I can actually wear mine over-the-ear, but wearing them down with a shirt clip is fine most of the time. I think it's also worth noting, that like a silverback they never get intimated. Doesn't matter the complexity of the track, they don't flinch.
[VIDEO]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QGB2ACJdEjk[/VIDEO]

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #30,049 of 101,321
How does the BH go with the 770? I always liked the soundstage and battery life aspects but that bass was always reported as a bit loose but since the 770C new has such clean tight bass it should add up the right way to some quality fun!

I will surgically remove the BH from the C&C and attach it to the 770 and give it a whirl!

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #30,051 of 101,321
What about duke @wayeworld

Hey Moch! Yes, I have a lot of interest in the Duke as well - all things VE actually. I really like the highs of the Zens. How would you compare the highs of the Duke with the Zens?

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #30,054 of 101,321
Aug 24, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #30,055 of 101,321

I didn't get it right the first time. Went Fiio X1, then Sony, A15. Then got the 770C new once I saw they went with some changes tweaks. Still have my S639 Walkman which is good for the radio and ease of use.

Don't wait too long,  7 LTD left at that price :)

That's true, you had a lot of players to play around with. I hope this time you will enjoy the xuelin player with this amazing deal of an in-ear.

I'm surprised, I didn't expect most people to keep around a 8 year old walkman, that's funny (in a good way)!

Ugh...but I'll be in the same situation in the atlas' kickstarter page when I order this amazing ltd.

I'll be thinking over it. 

Aug 24, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #30,056 of 101,321
Abit more extension and alot more realism, breathtaking vocals /midrange which exceeds the aurisonics :neutral_face:,very tight textured bass which is fast, big soundstage reproduction as big as the asg1plus :scream:, much more detailed too:fearful:

Sweet - thanks mochill!

Aug 24, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #30,059 of 101,321
Duke sounds interesting...love the Zen and have listened to them quite a bit, really a revelation. However, they're having trouble competing for eat time right now, between the HE-1000 and the acs Encore. On vacation, plugging the acs into the Pono now, fail asleep to some high resolution Kinks...

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #30,060 of 101,321
Duke sounds interesting...love the Zen and have listened to them quite a bit, really a revelation. However, they're having trouble competing for eat time right now, between the HE-1000 and the acs Encore. On vacation, plugging the acs into the Pono now, fail asleep to some high resolution Kinks...

You're dangerous doc. I'm already having a very tough time resisting the Pono largely due to you. The HE1K's are pricey enough for me that resistance is not entirely futile for them. But now you bring up some unknown "acs Encores"? When does it end lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back