The discovery thread!
Aug 24, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #30,032 of 101,360
If I would ever hype something.  

It would be:

SoundSOUL S-018 for earphones.  They truly surprised me.

Suvov S20 for earbuds, they are just freaking amazing.

Together they cost just under $20.  

Lol! The s-018 surprised me as well after reading all the good things mentioned about them :wink:

Just goes to show how different tastes we have around here.

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #30,033 of 101,360
Lol! The s-018 surprised me as well after reading all the good things mentioned about them
wink.gif

Just goes to show how different tastes we have around here.

That is the best thing about Head-Fi.  If we all liked the same things, it would be boring.

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #30,034 of 101,360
That is the best thing about Head-Fi.  If we all liked the same things, it would be boring.

Exactly! Different opinions makes things a lot more interesting. This site would be pretty boring if everyone had the same ten items in their possession and all enjoyed them equally.

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #30,035 of 101,360

Sorry about the absent impressions/comparisons of the eBay CKR9LTD guys.
angry_face.gif
I've been having serious woman problems and haven't been able to think about much else. But I have been listening to my CKR9s though, and they are fabulous. Slightly warm and dry in the mids; just enough to sound very realistic to my ears. Not like the VSD5 which is IMO too dry sounding.

If these were an animal, they'd be a silverback gorilla.

Usually docile and gentle, intelligent, but incredibly powerful, fast, and agile. Can go from calm to rocking your world faster than you can say King Kong. The bass is immense, and never, EEEEEEVER, seems to roll off. It does lose a bit of presence as it inches closer towards the midrange, which helps keep the mids just as clear as any other phone I currently have except for the GT100S. Treble has nice sparkle and air, especially higher up, so sibilance is never an issue, yet the presentation is still brightened up some. Speaking of the presentation, these just sound BIG. All the time.

I'd take the chance on them again, that's for damn sure.

Danger! Danger! Danger!
(this is my resistance talking!)

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #30,036 of 101,360
Sorry about the absent impressions/comparisons of the eBay CKR9LTD guys.
angry_face.gif
I've been having serious woman problems and haven't been able to think about much else. But I have been listening to my CKR9s though, and they are fabulous. Slightly warm and dry in the mids; just enough to sound very realistic to my ears. Not like the VSD5 which is IMO too dry sounding.

If these were an animal, they'd be a silverback gorilla.

Usually docile and gentle, intelligent, but incredibly powerful, fast, and agile. Can go from calm to rocking your world faster than you can say King Kong. The bass is immense, and never, EEEEEEVER, seems to roll off. It does lose a bit of presence as it inches closer towards the midrange, which helps keep the mids just as clear as any other phone I currently have except for the GT100S. Treble has nice sparkle and air, especially higher up, so sibilance is never an issue, yet the presentation is still brightened up some. Speaking of the presentation, these just sound BIG. All the time.

I'd take the chance on them again, that's for damn sure.

Do you mean GT100S has clearer mids than CKR9LTD? How do you compare the bass and treble? Does GT100S sound natural or thin compared to CKR9LTD? Thank you.

Aug 24, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #30,040 of 101,360
  Hey been out of the game for a while. What's the best IEM for EDM right now (up to $200). I need something that I can work out in too. I was thinking the Audio Technica Sport2 but I have more money to spend if I can get something even better.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/157887895/high-end-sports-in-ear-headphones-by-trinity-audio
biggrin.gif

The only issue is that you need to wait a bit till they are ready. Atlas should good for EDM with the armature and of course five filters to get close to the right tuning for ya.

@Selenium, thanks for the impression! :)

Oh, and like magic they start to sell again. Only one but only like two hours so far, lol.

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #30,041 of 101,360
Now another one of those CKR9LTD's has sold! Wonder who...oh wait. That was me
wink.gif

What the hell, I have the Spiral dots for them, I have the Xuelin and know it will synergize well. And thanks again to Vlenbo for the CKR9 tour back when so I have previous experience. No reason not to at the price as they seem to sound as they should.

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #30,042 of 101,360
wink.gif

What the hell, I have the Spiral dots for them, I have the Xuelin and know it will synergize well. And thanks again to Vlenbo for the CKR9 tour back when so I have previous experience. No reason not to at the price as they seem to sound as they should.

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #30,043 of 101,360
Oh yes! And certainly paranoid that the seller has eyeballed them all and is sending out less blemished ones first for better feedback so not waiting to buy one of the last few.
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #30,044 of 101,360
  Oh yes! And certainly paranoid that the seller has eyeballed them all and is sending out less blemished ones first for better feedback so not waiting to buy one of the last few.
tongue_smile.gif

Hook me up with the dregs.

I will probably buy the ath-ckr9ltd after the atlas. 

wink.gif

You're welcome once again. I am still rather enjoying them.

Wait, I'm not, the ath-r70x just frigging makes me want to leave my in-ears to collect dust for a little while longer lol. (That and I lost my ath-tips, which does the sound justice imo).

Yeah I feel you, and here I am still with a sony walkman and the cayin c5 amplifier. Makes me wonder, how the heck did I resist the hype of other players/amps?

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #30,045 of 101,360
  Yeah I feel you, and here I am still with a sony walkman and the cayin c5 amplifier. Makes me wonder, how the heck did I resist the hype of other players/amps?

You probably resisted because that's probably a nice combo! Good work!

The VE Zen earbuds have helped me resist a lot of stuff. And the Xuelin 770 has helped as well. I did break down not too long ago and get the Cayin C5. I mainly use it off of my laptop + Hifimediy sabre dac, and I really enjoy the combo, but some day I'm sure I'll break down and get a nice desktop dac and/or amp. Fwiw, I still use and enjoy the C&C/BH combo - I thought it would gather dust, but the Zens sound great off of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back