The discovery thread!
Jan 5, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #27,436 of 100,307
It is always good to see another independent mind hearing something the same way. DannyBai never hesitates to let me know if we are hearing something differently. Keep burning the Duoza in. It is amazing!

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #27,437 of 100,307
  Waynesworld:

Nothing at all now?? No TTS? I wonder if maybe on getting too good of a seal it causes that. But for the bulk of the time with those here it was evident badly.
 I liked the clarity would like a tiny bit more on the low end though.

It's been 30 minutes of bliss so far. I put on the UE500900 tips, and I do get a good seal because it really brings out the bass and sounds awesome to me. But, I think that the good seal does contribute to my particular form of TTS, so if/when it happens again, I will either (a) try the patented "mochill remove the filter" trick or (b) just buy the damned douza's and really be blown away 
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #27,438 of 100,307
  It is always good to see another independent mind hearing something the same way. DannyBai never hesitates to let me know if we are hearing something differently. Keep burning the Duoza in. It is amazing!

Douza on my friends!
beerchug.gif

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #27,439 of 100,307
All this DuoZA talk and mine is on international shipping rout.EMS just don't feel like EMS. Can't wait to hear them.

A bit on the MSR7 tip. I was initially not so impressed with the my silver coated copper cable I have been using for my L2 on it. That was until I burned the MSR7 in. I have them on the MSR7 now and it is stupendous. The stock cable I thought was decent but now when I go back to them it sounds a bit dull in comparison. Dynamics are clearly improved with an upgraded cable on the MSR7.

A tip I will mention here on the discovery thread. The MSR7 (Blacks) are on sale on CDjapan.com. $180. I honestly believe there is not another phone better for this price anywhere on this planet.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #27,440 of 100,307
Fit??? eric seemed to impress that the fit was rather finicky and 850esque? How was the fit for you??

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #27,442 of 100,307
HouseofDoom, the Duoza housing is huge, but somehow the design helps keep them in place and comfortable with no effort now. Now, if you're one who has had problems with the size of the FX850, I'm not sure if the Duoza will work for you. I'm not saying it won't, but I'm not sure. This earphone was designed well, however, to be so large. 

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #27,443 of 100,307
HouseofDoom, the Duoza housing is huge, but somehow the design helps keep them in place and comfortable with no effort now. Now, if you're one who has had problems with the size of the FX850, I'm not sure if the Duoza will work for you. I'm not saying it won't, but I'm not sure. This earphone was designed well, however, to be so large. 

Thanks eric. See that's what scares me, because I did have issues with fit on the 850. I have the smaller 750 now, and to be honest, I'm barely achieving a seal. I do get it, and it's fine, but it's just there and comfy. So imagine how bad my 850 was. BUT I've owned all the ZA except the Singolos, and with the early positive impressions coming in, it's so tempting, and I want it, but the fit scares me. UGH! Audio delimmas! lol

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #27,444 of 100,307
Thanks eric. See that's what scares me, because I did have issues with fit on the 850. I have the smaller 750 now, and to be honest, I'm barely achieving a seal. I do get it, and it's fine, but it's just there and comfy. So imagine how bad my 850 was. BUT I've owned all the ZA except the Singolos, and with the early positive impressions coming in, it's so tempting, and I want it, but the fit scares me. UGH! Audio delimmas! lol

I don't know it this helps, but I don't think the Duoza is meant for a deep insertion anyway. It sits fine and the chin slider holds it in place. 

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #27,445 of 100,307
I don't know it this helps, but I don't think the Duoza is meant for a deep insertion anyway. It sits fine and the chin slider holds it in place. 

Yeah I probably still going to pick it up, as soon as the T2 ships and hits my porch.

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #27,447 of 100,307
I have finicky ears and the Duoza fits me just fine. In fact, they fit me better than the 850"s.

How do they compare?

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #27,449 of 100,307
There's newer versions it seems

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #27,450 of 100,307
  There's newer versions it seems

It's exactly the same version but hopefully now they've resolved the issues coz I remember they didn't want to ship them worldwide because they were worried of the shipping itself damaging the sensitive units and in my book anything that is so delicate that can't evn be shipped abroad is a bit worrisome 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back