The discovery thread!
Jan 7, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #27,466 of 100,296

WOW! and I say WOW!. These sound stupendous out of the box. The sense of space is crazy nice. Right off the bat strings have weight. Vocals have clarity and depth. Instruments pop. Balance is very nice. Yes fellas this would be on the very first tune.

These already sound like a mix of tenors, bassos and I will throw one more in here. The singolos but with more space, more depth, more fullness. It is like they took the best of ZA sound and threw it together on this earphone. These are going to be supremely popular among enthusiasts. Fantastc! Just fantastic.

I have no doubt this will be one of those sleeper IEMs, much like the Tenore, that really take off after the furor/early impressions of the VSD5 and T2 die down. I'll pick these up next month, after the T2 has been tried and impressed. It's still a bit high priced for many, at the $130-140 range. Needs to come down to $100-110, and the hype train will leave the station at full speed.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #27,467 of 100,296
I have no doubt this will be one of those sleeper IEMs, much like the Tenore, that really take off after the furor/early impressions of the VSD5 and T2 die down. I'll pick these up next month, after the T2 has been tried and impressed. It's still a bit high priced for many, at the $130-140 range. Needs to come down to $100-110, and the hype train will leave the station at full speed.

Oh and $100 through amazon.jp and some forwarding agent...which not many use or know how to use. eBay and Amazon are selling them in the $130-140 range right now.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #27,468 of 100,296
I think these guys got the spacing/housing for them dual drivers right. The layers of sound are blended perfectly plenty of headroom for this large and enveloping sound. That large chamber out back kinda reminds of chambers used by both JVC and AT so these guys did their RnD for these earphones.  This spacious pill design is giving these drivers plenty of room to sound like they do. These sound nothing like $100 phones. I have not heard another phone in this price range sound quite like this..Lol. The balance is absolutely superb. No worries on the weight or size of these guys. They look a lot bigger in pictures than they really are. They sit in the ear perfectly with no noticeable weight in the ears.

Complete with an out of your head stage. I can't believe how good these are.

I just plugged these into my Geek Pulse. DAMN!! I am having a hard time accepting that these earphones are $100 in price range.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #27,469 of 100,296

WOW! and I say WOW!. These sound stupendous out of the box. The sense of space is crazy nice. Right off the bat strings have weight. Vocals have clarity and depth. Instruments pop. Balance is very nice. Yes fellas this would be on the very first tune.

These already sound like a mix of tenors, bassos and I will throw one more in here. The singolos but with more space, more depth, more fullness. It is like they took the best of ZA sound and threw it together on this earphone. These are going to be supremely popular among enthusiasts. Fantastc! Just fantastic.

Shocking the level of sound we are dealing with here for a $100. Lol! All I am saying is ZA could sell these for $200 and they would beat/spank most if not all earphones in the $200 range. Ridiculous bang for your monies right here.

Hate to admit it but Zero Audio could probably teach a few things to JVC and AT. These guys just don't miss. I haven't heard a earphone from these guys I disliked. Amazing track record. Whomever is at the helm tuning their earphones is a genius.

beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #27,470 of 100,296

+1

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #27,472 of 100,296
Might sound crazy but I have a feeling once these get the full burn in treatment. They should hang right in there with the FX850 and the CKR10. On my Geek Pulse. These sound easily at that level of sound quality.

These don't have the stage of the FX850. I would say somewhere between the CKR10 and the FX850 in stage. I think these might have a slightly wider stage over the CKR10 and just as much depth if not a bit more so. These have a sense of space that is among some of the best I have heard. The CKR10 can sound at times a bit confined in comparison but that intimacy in sound is what makes the CKR10 so engaging.

These have that big sound but has the headroom and sound ceiling to make them sound more spacious even airy. Again it is the fairly larger pill design of the housing that gives them plenty of room to breath its full bored sound. Guys that are fans of the CKR9 and CKR10s will love Zero Audios version of the dual dynamic sound. These have a slightly warmer tonality to them but that is on open listen. I know these will sound more neutral in tonality probably once they get the burn in. 

I don't know if these best the FX850 or the CKR10 but I can tell you these are a better deal over the CKR9 easily and sounds more natural over them. These are how I would imagine them CKR9LTD editions would probably sound. Somewhere between the CKR9 and CKR10. The bass on the FX850 and CKR10 are both elevated a bit more so than the DuoZA. The DuoZA actually sound better balanced because bass is not bigger than any other parts of the sound. These are non fatiguing but with excellent treble detail and imagery. Always loved the way Zero Audio tunes treble. Resolution of sound is right up there with FX850 and the CKR10.No kidding. Zero Audio has outdone themselves.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #27,473 of 100,296
if dannybai, ericp, and DSNuts say the DuoZA is a winner...then by golly, it's a winner!!

Add them to the Discovery Thread hall of fame? Right up there with the heavy hitters?

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #27,474 of 100,296
Resolution of sound is right up there with FX850 and the CKR10.No kidding. Zero Audio has outdone themselves.

Was considering them but this just pushed me over. A more well balanced version of the 850s? For $100!? Wat.

Ordered through amazon.jp. Dammit Dsnuts, I was trying to save money!

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #27,475 of 100,296
There is a reason why Zero Audio is quickly rising up in the Japanese Audio scene. It does not surprise me one bit that they sold out of their initial batch of DuoZAs. They are quickly amassing a faithful following of enthusiasts around the world. These guys actually have a better hit per earphone ratio than probably any other audio company out there.

They just don't miss and does more than one type of sound. Bassos for the large stage bass enthusiasts, which even for a bass phone has unusually great balanced immersive sound. Tenors for micro hd crowd in a small earphone factor which you all should know by now.  Doppios a flagship level sound,which with the right source will blow your collective minds. Singolos which are balanced and sound a lot like a mini IM03 of all earphones for a single BA phone and is hugely overlooked, and now these DuoZA which now adds the best sense of space for any ZA phone and just about the best parts of every single one of their previous efforts in one phone all for a bit over $100 US. They knocked this one out of the park fellas.

Lol. I just realized you can buy the entire ZA hits collection of earphones for under $400. Almost the price of the FX850 when I bought them. Ridiculous!!

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #27,476 of 100,296
Was considering them but this just pushed me over. A more well balanced version of the 850s? For $100!? Wat.

Ordered through amazon.jp. Dammit Dsnuts, I was trying to save money!

You will have saved money by not buying a $300-$500 phone and getting a DuoZA instead.
ksc75smile.gif

FX850 timbre and that stage makes them what they are. No denying a classic but I am very certain guys that snap up on one of these DuoZAs will be pleased. It is one of the finest examples of dynamic sounds at any price really.  Buy with confidence. Friends don't let friends buy junk. You all can quote me on that.

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #27,477 of 100,296
  There is a reason why Zero Audio is quickly rising up in the Japanese Audio scene. It does not surprise me one bit that they sold out of their initial batch of DuoZAs. They are quickly amassing a faithful following of enthusiasts around the world. These guys actually have a better hit per earphone ratio than probably any other audio company out there.

They just don't miss and does more than one type of sound. Bassos for the large stage bass enthusiasts, which even for a bass phone has unusually great balanced immersive sound. Tenors for micro hd crowd in a small earphone factor which you all should know by now.  Doppios a flagship level sound,which with the right source will blow your collective minds. Singolos which are balanced and sound a lot like a mini IM03 of all earphones for a single BA phone and is hugely overlooked, and now these DuoZA which now adds the best sense of space for any ZA phone and just about the best parts of every single one of their previous efforts in one phone all for a bit over $100 US. They knocked this one out of the park fellas.

Lol. I just realized you can buy the entire ZA hits collection of earphones for under $400. Almost the price of the FX850 when I bought them. Ridiculous!!

The Bassos were one of my favorite items back before my illness.  I'm not sure what happened to them while I was gone, but I really hope I will find them again when I am able to search around here more.

While I really hope to try out the FX850's someday, I may look for a way to swing the DuoZA's in a few months.  They sound right up my alley.

Meantime, I'm really enjoying the woody flavor of the Rain2's.  They've got about 70-80 hours on them now, and are really starting to blossom.

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #27,478 of 100,296

Did not believe anyone could persuade me to buy another zero audio.

Now you came in and ruined my plans to save money :frowning2:.

Will sell the ckr9s after hearing the duoza, thanks ds!

Btw, how are you enjoying your msr7s after full burnin?

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #27,479 of 100,296
Thinksound Rain2s were another surprise for me recently. Those grow on you like crazy. Love me some Rain2 goodness.

Absolutely BG I would recommend the DuoZAs. The greatest aspect of Zero Audio earphones. They are more than affordable they provide some of the best sounding gears for the given price. I have not once thought any of their earphones sounded like the price I payed for them. These DuoZA take that to another level however. Zero Audio is all about the tuning.
Hope you find your Bassos. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back