The discovery thread!
Jan 5, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #27,421 of 100,253
Yeah, sounds like I'd like the 3570 more :)

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #27,422 of 100,253
The Duoza's came in today and they are very impressive. I was immediately wow'd by the vocal reproduction. Very clean, detailed highs and man that sub-bass. Kicks in hard with music that is bass heavy. Spacious, instrument separation is glorious. Very well tuned.

I got the FA Heaven 8 also and I was more floored by the Duoza. I have the Heaven 5, 6 and now the 8 and they just sound warmer as it goes up. Pretty special sounding earphones but man, ZA can tune and price to performance is unreal.

I think the A71 has been trumped.

Jan 5, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #27,423 of 100,253
The Duoza's came in today and they are very impressive. I was immediately wow'd by the vocal reproduction. Very clean, detailed highs and man that sub-bass. Kicks in hard with music that is bass heavy. Spacious, instrument separation is glorious. Very well tuned.

I got the FA Heaven 8 also and I was more floored by the Duoza. I have the Heaven 5, 6 and now the 8 and they just sound warmer as it goes up. Pretty special sounding earphones but man, ZA can tune and price to performance is unreal.

Wow - awesome. Everything sounds awesome. And the highs are not close to sibilant or fatiguing?

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #27,425 of 100,253
Not even close Wayne.  Really airy and detailed.  Just a lovely sounding earphone.  Bullet housings thankfully fit without a hitch.  

Ok, so first ericp10 and now you. I'm pretty sure that Ds will love them as well once he gets them, and that's pretty much "The Holy Trinity of Resistance is Useless" right there for me lol! And add in the fact that they are relatively inexpensive and, well, resistance is useless! So where the heck does one get these suckers again?

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #27,426 of 100,253

Ok, so first ericp10 and now you. I'm pretty sure that Ds will love them as well once he gets them, and that's pretty much "The Holy Trinity of Resistance is Useless" right there for me lol! And add in the fact that they are relatively inexpensive and, well, resistance is useless! So where the heck does one get these suckers again?

Not sure where else but Amazon Jp. and Tenso.  They were under a hundred bucks.  Heck of a deal for this sound.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #27,427 of 100,253

Not sure where else but Amazon Jp. and Tenso.  They were under a hundred bucks.  Heck of a deal for this sound.

Cool. I'm still a bit "zero audio shy" after my multiple tenore TTS syndrome encounters, but I'm sure that the douza's will be immune from the syndrome :)

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #27,428 of 100,253
That whole Tenore thing puzzles me. I probably own one of the oldest Tenores and I've had no issues with any of that brand and I've owned 6 models now. I gotta say, there's some experts tuning their earphones.

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #27,429 of 100,253
That whole Tenore thing puzzles me. I probably own one of the oldest Tenores and I've had no issues with any of that brand and I've owned 6 models now. I gotta say, there's some experts tuning their earphones.

True dat! I really did enjoy the tuning of the tenores, and I'm sure that the tts syndrome was a blip designed specifically for waynes world lol. I really don't think that the douza's have anything against me!

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #27,430 of 100,253

True dat! I really did enjoy the tuning of the tenores, and I'm sure that the tts syndrome was a blip designed specifically for waynes world lol. I really don't think that the douza's have anything against me!

Fwiw, I am enjoying the tuning of the tenores right now (since nick was kind enough to finally return them lol  :wink:

And yup, it's good to be re-aquainted with the awesome zero audio tuning wizardry!

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #27,432 of 100,253
The Tenores surprise me to this day.

Damn, it's been a while (ie months) since I listened to them, and they are re-blowing my mind at the moment...

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #27,434 of 100,253
  Thanks for the review! Not sure if this is a dumb question, but in your opinion how do you think this cable would fare with the IM70s? The bendable over-the-ear portion of the cable has gone slack and sort of flops around, so I'm trying to go about finding a replacement. I've been emailing Audio Technica's customer service reps trying to go about getting an official one, but this seems like a much simpler route. Just don't want to drop $40 on something that's going to sound funny or fall apart.

what about buying some silicone over ear guides on the cheap, if they suck then at least it was a cheap fix, but if they work well then problem solved also on the cheap.

Waynesworld:

Nothing at all now?? No TTS? I wonder if maybe on getting too good of a seal it causes that. But for the bulk of the time with those here it was evident badly.
 I liked the clarity would like a tiny bit more on the low end though.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #27,435 of 100,253

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back