The discovery thread!
Oct 20, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #26,311 of 103,162
JVC Hi-Speed Titanium coated micro-driver based phones. Interestingly slotted in their line-up above the FXD's but still below the FXT90. Goodbye carbon nanotubes, hello titanium 
tongue.gif
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww3.jvckenwood.com%2Faccessory%2Fheadphone%2Findex.html

Stereo mini headphone
HA-FXH30
New
Open price ※
Released in early November 2014
space2.gif
ha-fxh30_icon01.gif
ha-fxh30_icon04.gif
ha-fxh30_icon02.gif
ha-fxh30_icon03.gif

ha-fxh30-prod.jpg

※ product of open price does not impose a manufacturer's suggested retail price.

Key Features

The adoption of "new direct top mount structure", and achieve high sound insulation and high-resolution sound

Were fixed directly to the driver unit to tip enclosure (acoustic enclosure), evolved "structure direct top mount" of its own sounded a sound in the back of the ear, adopted a "new direct top mount structure". The new micro-HD unit employing a titanium-coated diaphragm with excellent propagation speed, and equipped with a new metal cap suppress the resonance, allowing more sound insulation and clear expansive sound.
ha-fxh30_zu1.jpg

Equipped with a newly developed "Hi-SPEED HD micro units", and achieve high resolution sound with less turbidity in clear

Adopted the "double magnet structure" new to the new micro-HD unit, with a "Hi-SPEED micro HD unit" of the new development. By increasing the response speed to the input signal to optimize the magnetic force applied to the voice coil, providing a high resolution sound with less turbidity in the clear.

Adopt a triple cylinder structure to realize Clear sound reproduction

The adoption of triple cylinder structure that combines housing having a high specific gravity blended with fiberglass, magnet, brass and (brass), it is possible to reduce the vibration loss, and play the sound clear.

The adoption of the bus port to adjust the back pressure, provide a powerful bass

Equipped to achieve a fit and stable, the new development fit support of elastomer resin

ha-fxh30_souchaku.jpg
Mounted image​

Equipped with a newly developed fit support of elastomer resin and resilient. The new shape to fit the ear, I will achieve the fit and stable comfortable comfortable to wear.

Silicon earpiece included (S, M, L) of three sizes that can be exchanged to fit the ear hole

ha-fxh30_earpiece.jpg

It comes with a clip that suppress the sound of rubbing code

ha-fxh30_clip.jpg

Package & plug part

ha-fxh30-b_pacage-plug.jpg
HA-FXH30-B
Black​

Fit does look a bit odd though. Not pricey as the FXH10/20/30 naming scheme would suggest. ~$40, $50, and $60 street price when they drop. Maybe the numbering scheme suggests future higher models as well like dual driver models maybe. FXH 60/70/80 perhaps if these do well. Curious as I really like my FX32 and plenty of other past JVC's. The driver seems to be a newer titanium based 5.8mm. Same 20 Ohm, 150mW input, and 102 sens. Only the F.R. on the high end changes; 25,000 for the CN micro-driver in the FXD80 and 26,000 in the titanium 5.8mm. They are similar but FXH seems higher than FXD and the FXH30 a bit better than the FXD80. Can only be good if the new "30" model is better than an "80" of the last round :)

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #26,314 of 103,162
I have no reason not to get a pair of FXH30's. Quick phones are what I like, they are nice and small, price is low, and I have not disliked a titanium based phone yet. Goldring, Koss, Cresyn, even my CD666 with evaporated titanium coated drivers have all been winners. Even JVC "30" series have been good to me. FX37 was a nice little earphone and the FX32 is a current fav of mine even over the Tenore.

But which color though. Should I get the FXH30 in black. Or maybe the black. Although the black looks nice too!! Decisions, decisions!

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #26,315 of 103,162
Speaking of JVCs, apparently there will be an even higher end JVC woodie, the FX1200. Here are the pics posted by my local headphone store's Facebook page.

Not much info about it yet. Price is unknown, though the store estimates it to be in the $600 range. Expect it to be officially announced soon. As a fan of the FX850, I'm really excited to see how this would turn out!

Oct 20, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #26,318 of 103,162
Just look like a different cable and internal soldering...love it will have L-plug :grin:

Yep, like the FX800, the FX1200 is not on the Japan site as of now. Better maybe but I wouldn't get it if you have an 850. Just get a good cable of your choosing. The 850 is about $300 now plus the cost of a cable(that you can have built custom to your needs) and pocket the rest. $600 is pricey and they mention making affordable choices in the description??? Not sure the cable is that good or just a good choice for profit. I don't see the cable using the better solder, just the little bit in the earphones, which minimizes improvement if the cable before it(which has more solder points) doesn't use it as well.

What is high grade sense wood taste? Actual better wood or just a "sense" of it meaning looks nicer but does not help the sound?

A nice quad braided cable with smaller stems, a RA plug, choice of length, and sheathing, that uses better solder and sounds better can probably had for what you are essential paying for that cable and that cable is probably worth as much as a FiiO cable. Unless there are other real differences I'd love to see this compared to an FX850 with a FiiO SE cable on it.

Nice find though!

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #26,319 of 103,162
Yep, like the FX800, the FX1200 is not on the Japan site as of now. Better maybe but I wouldn't get it if you have an 850. Just get a good cable of your choosing. The 850 is about $300 now plus the cost of a cable(that you can have built custom to your needs) and pocket the rest. $600 is pricey and they mention making affordable choices in the description??? Not sure the cable is that good or just a good choice for profit. I don't see the cable using the better solder, just the little bit in the earphones, which minimizes improvement if the cable before it(which has more solder points) doesn't use it as well.

What is high grade sense wood taste? Actual better wood or just a "sense" of it meaning looks nicer but does not help the sound?

A nice quad braided cable with smaller stems, a RA plug, choice of length, and sheathing, that uses better solder and sounds better can probably had for what you are essential paying for that cable and that cable is probably worth as much as a FiiO cable. Unless there are other real differences I'd love to see this compared to an FX850 with a FiiO SE cable on it.

Nice find though!

Perhaps the FX1200 will use a more refined driver, who knows? What you said assumes that the FX1200 will use the exact same driver as the FX850, which obviously will not be the case if you look at the FX650/750/850. They all have different drivers, with each model increment having a better, more refined driver. The cable does not make all of the difference.

That said, what I posted is incomplete information, so do not judge it too quickly. Wait until it is officially announced. Also, the pricing is not confirmed, the $600 is just a total guesstimate by the headphone store. But since this will be JVC's reference flagship woodie, it would make sense for it to be more expensive than the FX850, wouldn't it? :wink:

Can't wait for more info about the FX1200! :)

Oct 20, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #26,320 of 103,162
Perhaps the FX1200 will use a more refined driver, who knows? What you said assumes that the FX1200 will use the exact same driver as the FX850, which obviously will not be the case if you look at the FX650/750/850. They all have different drivers, with each model increment having a better, more refined driver. The cable does not make all of the difference.

That said, what I posted is incomplete information, so do not judge it too quickly. Wait until it is officially announced. Also, the pricing is not confirmed, the $600 is just a total guesstimate by the headphone store. But since this will be JVC's reference flagship woodie, it would make sense for it to be more expensive than the FX850, wouldn't it?
wink.gif

Can't wait for more info about the FX1200!
smily_headphones1.gif

And if it loses to the xba-z5...

I wonder how the crowd will react.

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #26,323 of 103,162
Send them to Blue Jeans Cables and get them ultrasonically welded, then there will be NO solder. they do cables why not cans? Might toast the driver though

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #26,325 of 103,162
lalala6 that chart you posted indicates that the new woodie will have the same driver as the FX850. The only thing different between the two are highlighted in black. I think jant71 is on to something. As for cables not making a difference in sound, I have the Fiio cable. There is clearly a difference in sound from the stock cable (a more balanced sound with the bass tamed some using the Fiio). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back