The discovery thread!
Oct 19, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #26,299 of 106,734

Wasn't it going in the trash? 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 19, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #26,300 of 106,734
I will explain whats going on.

Mochill, the battery began leaking and causing skin irritation so we removed the battery only to find we can't replace it, Sony won't repair it. All attempts trying find alternatives such as a mobile phone battery resulted in the unit not accepting a charge.

Because the battery is impossible to replace by Sony and attempts to try alternatives gave us further problems we've discovered it can run on those 3.7v AA 18650 or 14500 battery's we were speaking about month or two ago. So what we're going to do is use an external battery casing and it will then run on single rechargeable (externally) battery which can be hot swapped when required. With a 18650 battery we can more than double the capacity of the original Sony 1250mAh battery.

I'm still waiting for the battery harness but all testing so far shows positive outcome.

Oct 19, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #26,303 of 106,734
I had the z1050 and loved it:blush:... And now 64gb +mico SD card slot system and hires In a portable device is what I wanted ....if it sounds like the zx1 which had but better resolution and clarity I will be a happy camper :sunglasses:

The A15 is available in Australia now for $249 AUD, surprisingly about an hour from me. I want to hear comparisons to FiiO X1. I hear A15 has better detail and clarity but that's just one opinion. I like the F806 I have . $249 isn't too bad for Australian pricing.

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #26,306 of 106,734
I will explain whats going on.

Mochill, the battery began leaking and causing skin irritation so we removed the battery only to find we can't replace it, Sony won't repair it. All attempts trying find alternatives such as a mobile phone battery resulted in the unit not accepting a charge.

Because the battery is impossible to replace by Sony and attempts to try alternatives gave us further problems we've discovered it can run on those 3.7v AA 18650 or 14500 battery's we were speaking about month or two ago. So what we're going to do is use an external battery casing and it will then run on single rechargeable (externally) battery which can be hot swapped when required. With a 18650 battery we can more than double the capacity of the original Sony 1250mAh battery.

I'm still waiting for the battery harness but all testing so far shows positive outcome.

H20 i will send you a pm about the voltage and MaH

heck if i had one that WORKED i would still do the same thing.

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #26,307 of 106,734
The A15 is available in Australia now for $249 AUD, surprisingly about an hour from me. I want to hear comparisons to FiiO X1. I hear A15 has better detail and clarity but that's just one opinion. I like the F806 I have . $249 isn't too bad for Australian pricing.

Better detail and clarity than the which, the Z1050(as you quoted Mochill) or the FiiO X1?

Would be cool if it is better sounding than an X1 with a ton more battery life and still have an FM Radio. Also Bluetooth which can pair with the new AT Bluetooth amp.

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #26,308 of 106,734

Better detail and clarity than the which, the Z1050(as you quoted Mochill) or the FiiO X1?

Would be cool if it is better sounding than an X1 with a ton more battery life and still have an FM Radio. Also Bluetooth which can pair with the new AT Bluetooth amp.

Bluetooth amp?  Link, please?

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #26,309 of 106,734

Bluetooth amp?  Link, please?

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php%3FmodelId%3D2661&prev=/search%3Fq%3DAudio-technica%2B%2BPHA50BT%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dktz%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:xf_eek:fficial

Would be a cute rig. 66(A17) plus 29 grams for the amp = 95 grams and no interconnect needed. If they both sound good enough. Still would have liked AT to put an analogue in on the amp. Dumb as they lost sales doing that.

Oct 19, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #26,310 of 106,734
If you not reading the T10i thread, it might be worth a read if you have been looking at that IEM. I just retried a smaller tip and the T10i has suddenly become my new favorite bass IEM. The slight change in ear pressure slightly lessened the bass and improved the treble response bringing a lot more life to the IEM for me

Also I stopped at a local Sony store and had a 22nd listen to the NWZ-ZX1 hi res walkman and I have to say it sounds good enough I am tempted to switch from my LG G3 to it for music. Probably won't due to convenience issues But man does that puppy sing! I also try the DAC/Amp but due to technical issues was not able to test it the way I would have liked. From what I could do it seems warmer sounding than the NWZ-ZX1 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back