The discovery thread!
Oct 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #15,796 of 106,712
You guys need to get on this.

1. RHA Team
  3. offline
  1. 5 Posts. Joined 10/2013
Hi All,

Pleased to see our advice was helpful!

We just wanted to quickly post, as we're running a review programme http://www.head-fi.org/t/687315/rhas-running-a-ma750-and-ma600-review-programme for our new products.

We're asking you to nominate another Head-fi'er who you think will like the sound signature of the MA750 and of the MA600 to receive a sample set to review. If your nominee is selected, you'll also be sent a review sample. We'll select 4 pairs of Head-fi'ers, so send out 8 products total; 4 MA750's and 4 MA600s.

Thanks,
RHA Team

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #15,797 of 106,712
^ LATE!!!
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #15,799 of 106,712
Check out this little read. Concerning break in/ burn in.

Product Break-In

It is commonly believed by audio enthusiasts that for achieving the best performance, most products benefit from a certain amount of initial operation, with the time required being referred to as the "burn-in" or "break-in" period. It is a fact of physics that over time, all things change to some degree, but the main controversy surrounding the break-in phenomenon is whether minute changes in circuitry and components ultimately converge towards better performance and if they do, whether or not such changes are audible.
While commonly accepted as fact by many, to our knowledge no rigorous scientific study exists validating the effect. Nevertheless, our own empirical listening tests confirm that the phenomenon is real and that many, if not most, products do benefit from some period of break-in. We suspect this is due to passive components such as the dielectric materials used in capacitors "relaxing" and thereby becoming faster in their response to signals over time – which does happen to be a documented fact. The same can be said for other components such as the diaphragms and suspension materials used in headphones, etc. This "relaxation effect" is observed in all areas of physical reality, and can even be seen occurring in something as simple as a well-worn pair of shoes becoming more comfortable over time. In light of this, we suggest that the user of any NuForce product first operate the device for at least 10 hours, up to a day (or two), in order to experience the best sound. Certainly, after a week or so of use the product will be performing at its best.

From Nuforce product page.

Oct 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #15,801 of 106,712
  HDJ-1500 came in today! (ignore the camera stuff in the foreground. to lazy to take another pic...)

Are you guys sure this is a DJ phone, cause they don't sound like anything I expected. Wow. They're definitely keepers. I sold my Mad Dogs the other day, and these make me not miss them one drop.

Not bad for the little cost..Try n snag some HM5 pads to try on them. I think the $20 cost to get them will be worth it if anyone that got these cans want to make them fully over ears and way more comfy. It opens up the sound as well.

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #15,802 of 106,712
Got dat 1st post swag. :cool:

You and that other wannabe bird k3003 lover would make a great item. :tongue_smile: Go for it. haha

Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #15,803 of 106,712
Have a peek at these Tascam things.  ( Teac Professional )
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf-2013-tascam-th-02-low-cost-sealed-headphones

the square waves, wow.  The $10 more expensive model will be out in a week.  Could be kick ass these things, and for $30. Really?  then the MX2(?) for 39 and the 2000 model for 49.  Wonder what those 2000's sound like.

geeze might give me an excuse to get a DR-05 recorder/player at the same time. I could rock that unit as a DAP ( wav/mp3 only ) Did you guys see the cool audio posts from Indonesia recorded with that Tascam  DR-05? ( member's lounge )

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #15,804 of 106,712
  Have a peek at these Tascam things.  
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/canjam-rmaf-2013-tascam-th-02-low-cost-sealed-headphones

the square waves, wow.  The $10 more expensive model will be out in a week.  Could be kick ass these things, and for $30. Really?  then the MX2(?) for 39 and the 2000 model for 49.  Wonder what those 2000's sound like.

geeze might give me an excuse to get a DR-05 recorder/player at the same time. I could rock that unit as a DAP ( wav/mp3 only ) Did you guys see the cool audio posts from Indonesia recorder with that Tascam  DR-05? ( member's lounge )

I thought the Tascams were Behringers under another name?

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #15,805 of 106,712
Those Tascam jobbies are impressive...
As for the Pioneers HDJ phones...got the 2000 at Best Buy, they initially had the lower 2 modesl available on sale as well. I poked my head into the local BB again, still a few 2000's, didn't have 1500's there, but I'm guessing some of these may still be hiding in plain sight in some BB's. Really do like my 2000's, have those HM-5 pads on order. Haven't heard the 1500's, some have said same drivers as 2000, DS feels it is the sweet spot of the line. Definitely in a good price point at $79. The 2000's are about $150. As for the comment about not sounding like DJ headphones, I assume that was because you'd expect booming, overwhelming bass on those. The bass on the HDJ 2000's is just about perfect to my ears, not boomy, not overwhelming, but not missing in action, not needing you to listen for them. You can feel it, but it doesn't punch you in the stomach. Other aspects of the sound are really nice to my ears as well. One of these days I'll see if any mods in the link posted earlier are fairly easy and worth persuing (though, some are said to increase the bass, and I don't feel like it needs any increasing).

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #15,806 of 106,712
  Have a peek at these Tascam things.  

geeze might give me an excuse to get a DR-05 recorder/player at the same time. I could rock that unit as a DAP ( wav/mp3 only ) Did you guys see the cool audio posts from Indonesia recorder with that Tascam  DR-05? ( member's lounge )

Big thread here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/654946/tascam-th-02-headphones-waiting-to-be-discovered/15#post_9919476

In short, the TH-02 is the real deal, and the TH-2000 sounds like a Beats bass boosted muddy mess. Musician's Friend had a 2 for $30 deal on them a few weeks ago too.

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #15,807 of 106,712
Someone said Teac but unsure about that. Thanks for the thread linkup! 

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #15,808 of 106,712
  Someone said Teac but unsure about that. Thanks for the thread linkup! 

I'm starting to think they are a "generic" phone off branded by many.

Off to mod the 3 buck dollarama Stereo Cube headphones
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #15,809 of 106,712
Yup Teac, Teac has been around for a while but you most likely know that already. Who knows who their OEM is though.

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #15,810 of 106,712
^ Holy crap those things look generic as hell, esp. with that white hospital look to the housing. LoL  
They are like 149 euros!!!
triportsad.gif

This is the discovery thread not wallet hospital recovery one...... there is NO irony.
tongue.gif

Like your face.

I know, which is why I was suggesting that someone try finding the not-ACS version.

Come on cardboard, you need a little more sophistication in your life.

Whyzzat? You already nominated your Twin(Q) or something?

I'm flattered, I'm gobsmacked.

Got dat 1st post swag.
cool.gif

You and that other wannabe bird k3003 lover would make a great item.
tongue_smile.gif
Go for it. haha

Both are cryptic, jaded, and hate moe.

A perfect couple, couldn't have found one better.

Nick that peak looks EQ-able.

What about those Engrish-motto-on-the-cups-sort-of-okay-CSD-Jap-Maxwell headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back