The discovery thread!
Oct 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #15,332 of 106,650
  A little unknown quinkidink. I found out the same guy that voiced the SHE3580 did the S2. The guy was young too. Must be a sound genius of some type.

small world indeed 

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #15,333 of 106,650
All I have are "SHE3580", "Somic" and MH463. Oh and "EQ"
tongue.gif
I'm subscribed to this threadall along yo, saw the CKS1000 graph and that's what I commented on. Then saw the hilarious pixel censor comment on this page and linked the homies from the anime thread to here. So there you have it
biggrin.gif

Going to have to upgrade that to 3590 now aren't you?
biggrin.gif
Great little IEM BTW, but they could have made it a wee bit bigger.

It's always the pixel censor that gets em
wink_face.gif

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #15,334 of 106,650
^ OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK too much personal info!!! :triportsad:

You realize I'm talkin in the literal sense, and am about 99% facetious, 100% of the time right? But otherwise, consider it water under the bridge. Just don't get swept away :wink:

Oct 12, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #15,335 of 106,650

Yeah meng, Jpn is just weird. I mean on the surface they appear to be so conservative and reserved but they have one of the most craziest cultures in the world esp. their contemporary pop one. If you are gonna make pon no how are you gonna pixel censure the damn thing, c'mon stop beating around the bush!!!
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif

Wait this ain't The Hype Thread???
blink.gif

edit: Holy crap once we brought up Jpn, Mr. Joe Bloggs ninja his way in here like a boss!!!

Good job using those CKS1Ks as a disguise... that's the thing though, no one in their collective have heard nor measured this particular iem. That graph is from some "trusted" 3rd party that supposedly did a measurement of the LIMITED RED EDITION of these CKS1000s if my memory is correct.

Now we got that outta' the way, please enlighten us with your insight regarding Jpn Joe, i know those undies on that head-fi head of yours has incredible wisdom.

LOL, link, it's reputable, get over it. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #15,336 of 106,650

haha good to know that even that doodle art graph doesn't seem THAT bad. Someone with a set of really well done/ burned to a crisp set of CKS1Ks should send it in to Rinks to be measured tbh. But from what little i have gathered Rin doesn't like ATH stuff all that much for some strange reason. Guess these 1Ks will continue to be one of those graph elusive creatures, which makes them THAT much mo' interesting. Staying ninja with it like BOSS!!!

Burn-in is mostly mental, nothing concrete remotely even resemble some of the bloated effects of burn-in said here. Rin likes what's good and unluckily, they've only made a handful of good sounding headphones, the rest is just experiments gone wrong. It's not that it sounds good even though it graphs poorly, I think people just likely compare to other funky IEMs recommended here like the S2 or RHAs and they seem just fine in that setting. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #15,337 of 106,650
Burn-in is mostly mental, nothing concrete remotely even resemble some of the bloated effects of burn-in said here. Rin likes what's good and unluckily, they've only made a handful of good sounding headphones, the rest is just experiments gone wrong. It's not that it sounds good even though it graphs poorly, I think people just likely compare to other funky IEMs recommended here like the S2 or RHAs and they seem just fine in that setting. 

The fidelio s2 is funky? Is there a graph for that?

Like I said, does the cks1000 really graph that poorly? A lot of headphone audio boils down to personal preference and I can see people looking for big bass and sharp details finding what they want in the cks1000. Subbass is overrated, been there with EQ, done that. The treble peaks of 10dB aren't pretty but even some highly recommended rinchoi iems have them?

Btw, if good means graphing a flat line, how many "good" headphones does a branf really need? Just 4: one in-ear, one earbud, one on-ear and one circumaural (ok, maybe one open and one closed for the latter) any other models can be all funky doodles, it's called "catering to different tastes" :wink: Ok there proba bly isn't any real demand for a "20dB suckout at 4kHz" flavour (*cough* heir *cough* sm64) but other than that anything goes, really.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 12, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #15,338 of 106,650
The fidelio s2 is funky? Is there a graph for that?

Like I said, does the cks1000 really graph that poorly? A lot of headphone audio boils down to personal preference and I can see people looking for big bass and sharp details finding what they want in the cks1000. Subbass is overrated, been there with EQ, done that. The treble peaks of 10dB aren't pretty but even some highly recommended rinchoi iems have them?

I've heard the S2 and seen it's graph, which will be posted by Rin sometime in the future, it's similar to the T-Jays which is a fraction of the cost.

It does graph poorly regardless, many better v-shaped IEMs out there. Not to that amount and Rin's highly recommened are usually after modding like the IE800. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #15,339 of 106,650
I've heard the S2 and seen it's graph, which will be posted by Rin sometime in the future, it's similar to the T-Jays which is a fraction of the cost.

It does graph poorly regardless, many better v-shaped IEMs out there. Not to that amount and Rin's highly recommened are usually after modding like the IE800. 

Do you know what depth the cks1000 was measured at and whether it was an optimal depth? The RE272 and GR07, both top scorers at rinchoi, had peaks of similar magnitude when inserted to the reference plane. They went away for the most part when the phones were pulled back out 3mm.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #15,340 of 106,650
I was reading this yet again today while brushing up on that professional big buck$ Harmon research again that is a part of , or spinoff from their new uber top of the line 812 headphones I would guess.
Done by some Dr. or professional Acoustic Engineer or something pretentious like that .
Came across this line again that seems interesting.

"In other words, measured performance into a coupler is not necessarily how the ear will hear that headphone, and knowing that those differences might exist and figuring out where those differences come from will need to include study of the headphone/head physical interface. Not easy."

...then I come in here to check on some VSD / AT / KEF / Cardas info for actual user impressions , since everything can possibly be different somehow depending on users and sources etc,  and I have no idea whats going on it's all disjointed
blink.gif
, some sort of block feature.
I'm sure the interesting discoveries will shine through that though.
I think eke had the very same mysterious block thing going on too, anyone else? ( how are you managing with that eke? )

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #15,341 of 106,650
Do you know what depth the cks1000 was measured at and whether it was an optimal depth? The RE272 and GR07, both top scorers at rinchoi, had peaks of similar magnitude when inserted to the reference plane. They went away for the most part when the phones were pulled back out 3mm.

It's measured 6mm away which is the ideal insertion depth for the ATH. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #15,342 of 106,650
  LOL, link, it's reputable, get over it. 

^ Welp is you put it THAT way well then hell yeah. i mean your poor presentation of that single doodle art graph had no finesse whatsoever. Plus your lackluster timing and approach makes it difficult for anyone in their right mind to believe you.  And since you're inks your credibility is suspect by default anyways so..... 
wink.gif

Alls you had to do was bling that doodle art graph a bit with some fancy pics plus add some foreign text to make it seem exotic, then it'll seem REAL legit and we wouldn't be even discussing about this for so long. C'mon inks you know it's all about the packaging these days, you gotta' sell it to us meng.

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/8/81/100x100px-LS-815682f3_HFA.png[/img]
  1. Inks
  2. badge_headphoneusSupremus.v2411770217.png

haha good to know that even that doodle art graph doesn't seem THAT bad. Someone with a set of really well done/ burned to a crisp set of CKS1Ks should send it in to Rinks to be measured tbh. But from what little i have gathered Rin doesn't like ATH stuff all that much for some strange reason. Guess these 1Ks will continue to be one of those graph elusive creatures, which makes them THAT much mo' interesting. Staying ninja with it like BOSS!!!

^ LoL Rin seems to much more open minded than you regarding burn in though. I read some of the stuff on this blog and he even mentioned that there were measurable affects due to burn-in albeit subtle, those minor changes across the sonic spectrum could very likely affect the overall cohesiveness of the sound. We can debate this burn-in matter ad nauseum but i do agree with you that mental burn in is one aspect of it, another aspect is that physical changes also occurs BUT the extent of the change is dependent on the type of materials/ tech utilized for a specific gear. Carbon Nanotube and Bio-Cell tech/ material has been well documented to change a great deal due to burn-in. You believe what you believe and i'll keep mine, no need to force the issue and i am sure everyone here is already sick and tired of this lame debate.

Also last time i checked Rinks and co. only measure iems no??? ATHs collection is soooo extensive and to paint all of their stuff with such a broad brush it pretty absurd tbh. Even their mid-fi stuff varies A LOT in sound signature and capabilities although they no doubt has their own "house sound." And i doubt Rin has heard THAT much of ATH gears since he is such a huge fan boi anyways if you knowhatimeng.

Anywho i ain't as picky as you inks and is really digging what ATH is offering these days. My ATH ES700s is amazing sounding and so are those ATH CKS1000s when i had them for an audition. So on that note, JUST ENJOY THE MUSIC....

... Jose. :)

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #15,343 of 106,650
  ^ Welp is you put it THAT way well then hell yeah. i mean your poor presentation of that single doodle art graph had no finesse whatsoever. Plus your lackluster timing and approach makes it difficult for anyone in their right mind to believe you.  And since you're inks your credibility is suspect by default anyways so..... 
wink.gif

Alls you had to do was bling that doodle art graph a bit with some fancy pics plus add some foreign text to make it seem exotic, then it'll seem REAL legit and we wouldn't be even discussing about this for so long. C'mon inks you know it's all about the packaging these days, you gotta' sell it to us meng.

^ LoL Rin seems to much more open minded than you regarding burn in though. I read some of the stuff on this blog and he even mentioned that there were measurable affects due to burn-in albeit subtle, those minor changes across the sonic spectrum could very likely affect the overall cohesiveness of the sound. We can debate this burn-in matter ad nauseum but i do agree with you that mental burn in is one aspect of it, another aspect is that physical changes also occurs BUT the extent of the change is dependent on the type of materials/ tech utilized for a specific gear. Carbon Nanotube and Bio-Cell tech/ material has been well documented to change a great deal due to burn-in. You believe what you believe and i'll keep mine, no need to force the issue and i am sure everyone here is already sick and tired of this lame debate.

Also last time i checked Rinks and co. only measure iems no??? ATHs collection is soooo extensive and to paint all of their stuff with such a broad brush it pretty absurd tbh. Even their mid-fi stuff varies A LOT in sound signature and capabilities although they no doubt has their own "house sound." And i doubt Rin has heard THAT much of ATH gears since he is such a huge fan boi anyways if you knowhatimeng.

Anywho i ain't as picky as you inks and is really digging what ATH is offering these days. My ATH ES700s is amazing sounding and so are those ATH CKS1000s when i had them for an audition. So on that note, 

I don't care for your opinion, things will get done as I will. Nah, you're trying to mold it into something else, Rin will tell you these small changes are NOTHING like the posts here. Impressions here are not "well documented" facts, it's mostly just more examples of expectation bias. Not just based on what's been measured by data from other reputable sites, ATH is more about quantity of products rather than quality from what I've seen and heard. I found the ES700 muddy, which further makes me understand why the CK1000S may get away with such a bass. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #15,344 of 106,650
Btw, I'm playing the devil's advocate here for a bit. If I had it my way we'd all do just fine with $10 IEMs and $50 headphones and everyone's money would be better spent on headphone profiling services provided by the likes of SVS (Smyth Realiser) and yours truly :wink: But taken in the context of the market realities, I've seen far worse than what AT has made here. And I can probably make a compensation impulse to load with viper4android on everyone's android based DAP/phone that makes these sound about as good as any other IEM out there, while looking real hip with those Frankenstein bolts sticking out :D. The same cannot be said for *cough* Heir *cough* SM64 now that's some real highway robbery :ph34r:

Oct 12, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #15,345 of 106,650
Btw, I'm playing the devil's advocate here for a bit. If I had it my way we'd all do just fine with $10 IEMs and $50 headphones and everyone's money would be better spent on headphone profiling services provided by the likes of SVS (Smyth Realiser) and yours truly
wink.gif
But taken in the context of the market realities, I've seen far worse than what AT has made here. And I can probably make a compensation impulse to load with viper4android on everyone's android based DAP/phone that makes these sound about as good as any other IEM out there. The same cannot be said for *cough* Heir *cough* SM64 now that's some real highway robbery
ph34r.gif

Funny, I'm 100% positive the T-Jays Four with the Jays-Curves DSP blows everything in the thread away by quite a margin, physical tuning can only do so much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back