The discovery thread!
Oct 14, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #30,841 of 100,093
I ordered a pair of FXH 30 

You can add me to the list, just ordered them couple days ago and should arrive shortly. I also have the FXH20, can do a comparison with the Tenore if anyone's interested.

I'm very interested in a comparo. Maybe the FXH20 will be the sweet spot in the lineup?

No problem. We talked about the "oddness" of the original tips. They fit 100% my ears - sure enough I would like to try a wider bore but have nothing that would fit those nozzles. same goes for the CKR9LTD's - if I could find some tips which would not create so much pressure in my ear canal, I would love them even more. The Philips on the other hand are almost ear buds. The length of the nozzle is about half of the ATH. I really just pop them in and forget about them.

Is there a way to get those Huawei Honour tips somewhere?

Cheers.

I use JVCs standard wide bore tips from the Xplosive series/T90 on the CKR9s. Works quite well.

The only way to get the Huawei tips to my knowledge is to buy the iem. They're cheap (~10-15 USD on aliexpress) and decent in their own right, although not to my taste. They have some fans around headfi for sure though.

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #30,842 of 100,093

Nice impressions!! Was waiting to hear what these sounded like. Sounds quite a bit like the CKR9 LTD except for a more linear treble and needing an amp more. I even use the same tips on my CKR as they give a bit more high end balance though the spiral dots are good as well.

It doesn't need an amp per say, but it sounds better to my years, probably because the amp in the iPod classic isn't as good as a standalone amp. The A2 is stupid easy to drive and is quite sensitive. 

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #30,843 of 100,093
Oct 14, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #30,844 of 100,093
I really enjoy the Tenore but I think the FXH 20 is my new favourite. I was a little afraid of the V shape signature at first, but I think it works well here and didn't expect the sort of refinement I can get for a difference of $15.

The things that the Tenore does well and better is soundstaging and tonal balance. It plays it safe and is smooth all around. The shallow midbass and forward mids gives it depth and air. The sub bass hits hard and it's addicting on some tracks. The treble is smooth and doesn't fatigue at all.

The FXH 20 is simply a tighter sounding Tenore with a boosted treble, and has a more distinct mid-upper bass/lower mid section. The treble is aggressive, but it's right below the threshold of being sibilant and has a hint of smoothness to it. The mids, while very similar to the Tenore, is portrayed much more realistically because of the speed combined with a realistic decay. The midbass is the clear distinction between the two, with the FXH providing much more information. I've always found the Tenore lacking in this area. Like someone said in the Tenore thread, they sound weak like a deflated balloon.

To me, the Tenore wins for overall presentation and balance because it's a really easy sound to get accustomed to, but it leaves you wanting more.

The FXH 20 is technically more capable and offers a much more realistic and engaging sound, but it may be too aggressive for some people upon first listen.

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #30,845 of 100,093
Kakaku and Amazon Japan seem to like them!

Oct 15, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #30,846 of 100,093
We have the Italian brand Carot One with their new Super Titta...

A big guy with a new combo, 14mm
eek.gif
and 5mm dual driver. Also has the rear tuning screw on bass caps implemented like the Hippo VB and Xeport type.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fblogs.yahoo.co.jp%2Finternationalestory%2F65473059.html

Maybe pair with an amp...

http://www.carotone.it/en/shop/super-titta-earphone/
Those who don't like orange need not apply!
tongue.gif

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #30,848 of 100,093
Maybe with the orange it should be Carrot One
etysmile.gif

I'm sure they will be popular with Mets fans and Knicks fans and if they match your school colors like Boise State and U of Florida perhaps.

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #30,850 of 100,093
  Check out my review of the Dynamic Motion - DM100, an interesting earphone for sure:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dynamic-motion-dm100-balanced-dynamic-driver-earphone/reviews/14257

Yes indeed, they sure do lookg nice. Any truth to the speculation that those stock silicone tips help push them to their brighter/leaner sound??

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #30,851 of 100,093

Yes indeed, they sure do lookg nice. Any truth to the speculation that those stock silicone tips help push them to their brighter/leaner sound??

For my testing I used both the Silicon and Comply tips.  The sound signature did not change much (surprisingly) between the two.

I just really liked the Silicon Tips Design, they were able to stay in my ears without popping out.

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #30,852 of 100,093
A little heads up fellas/ CEntrance is selling their DACPort slim on massdrop again.

One of the best if not the best bang for dollar SQ for a portable dac amp I have heard. Highly recommended.

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #30,853 of 100,093
A little heads up fellas/ CEntrance is selling their DACPort slim on massdrop again.

One of the best if not the best bang for dollar SQ for a portable dac amp I have heard. Highly recommended.

+1, I highly agree :wink:

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #30,854 of 100,093

Highly recommended. One of the best if not the best bang for dollar SQ for a portable dac amp I have heard. Highly recommended.

I was wondering about that little beast, and you are confirming that it's pretty good - thanks.

I also found this related thread to be interesting:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/778966/review-centrance-dacport-slim-dac-amp-combo#post_11867464

If I wasn't happy with my HifimeDIY U2 sabre dac + Cayin C5 combo (or if I knew that the CEntrance was a lot better than the combo), then I'd quickly jump on that deal I think.

Oct 15, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #30,855 of 100,093
I would go for it Wayne. It will give you a new sound perspective. The sound out of this little stick is no joke. The price is certainly right. It is one of those items people will feel they might not need.

That is until you hear it. It is an instant $100 drain. Let me put it this way. I kinda prefer this sound over my Meridian Explorer. Which I bought for $300. It is perfect for guys with multiple earphones and headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back