The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Dec 9, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #8,041 of 9,815
Quote:
.....and this is why you dont trust descriptions kids...that was listed as "acceptable"

Ya, but under Amazon's listing guidelines, that is a prohibited item since "[size=small]Item requires repair or service," [/size]so it would be really easy to open a case and get a full refund, especially since Amazon sides with the buyer most of the time. It would probably be a waste of time though.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #8,042 of 9,815
Quote:
^ those hd650 pics are a travisty. Who treats high-end products like that? Did someone give those to a thirteen year old? As a wise man once said..."that crap's beat, yo.."

In all honesty, it looks like those headphones were sat on, rather than beat up. I near feel like they would look and sound fine if you were to replace the grille and headband(or if you're really feeling cheap, duct tape the stem back together
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #8,043 of 9,815
You're all welcome, and the clock is ticking. The meelectronics grab bag is here. http://www.meelec.com/MEE_MEE_What_p/earphone-mee-what.htm 

I reserve the right to sell my pair though if I don't like them since I told all of you about this, and it seems to have flown under the radar for the last 3 days for everyone but me and whoever else browses reddit's /r/headphones without telling anyone here about it. I'll even toss in the free shipping with the code "SHIPPING_COUPON", and save $30 by using the code "WOWMEE" as well.

Also, save 20% on normal orders @ meelectonics with the code "NEW_NEWS", can't be combined w/ the above.

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #8,044 of 9,815
Quote:
You're all welcome, and the clock is ticking. The meelectronics grab bag is here. http://www.meelec.com/MEE_MEE_What_p/earphone-mee-what.htm 

I reserve the right to sell my pair though if I don't like them since I told all of you about this, and it seems to have flown under the radar for the last 3 days for everyone but me and whoever else browses reddit's /r/headphones without telling anyone here about it. I'll even toss in the free shipping with the code "SHIPPING_COUPON", and save $30 by using the code "WOWMEE" as well.

Also, save 20% on normal orders @ meelectonics with the code "NEW_NEWS", can't be combined w/ the above.

$9.99 after coupon(s).
I think meelec did a pretty bad marketing this time - they should've just flat out tell you the price after coupon.  Nowhere in their description says how much it is after WOWMEE... They listed the IEMs' regular prices, which are mostly lower than the grab bag's MSRP before coupon....

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #8,045 of 9,815
You can only buy 2 at a time with WOWMEE, but it's still a great deal. Both IEMs are priced at 10$ after the coupon, plus the free shipping/2,95$ off Int shipping with shipping_coupon. Thanks for sharing! Hopefully at least one will be an A151.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #8,046 of 9,815
Dec 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #8,047 of 9,815
Quote:
You can only buy 2 at a time with WOWMEE, but it's still a great deal. Both IEMs are priced at 10$ after the coupon, plus the free shipping/2,95$ off Int shipping with shipping_coupon. Thanks for sharing! Hopefully at least one will be an A151.

Bad odds on that: *1 Grand Prize per 500 orders; winner determined randomly at time of shipment

COP is down to $151 on Amazon.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #8,048 of 9,815
Quote:
Absolutely! I gave my daughter a pair of D2000's for her birthday last April.

You're a nicer dad than I am, but the thought is the same.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #8,050 of 9,815
I almost sat on my T1's and almost had a hard attack!

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #8,051 of 9,815
Quote:
just in case anybody was wondering, I ordered some parts from Sennheiser a couple of months ago, here's some of the prices:

HD600 Driver = $62.95 each
HD650 Driver = $44.xx each

HD600 grill cover = $12 each
HD650 grill cover = $42 each

HD600 headband assembly $77.xx  part no. 059570
HD650 headband assembly $98.13 part no. 549347
...additional parts are listed on the Sennheiser USA website(cable,earpads, and headband cushion)

Is it possible to buy the rest if the item? Possible to build a complete set from individual parts? Just curious.
By the way, do you guys use any case for transporting the HD-650? Any cheap and good case to recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back