The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 24, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #1,937 of 9,815

Quote:
Seriously?  J&R was selling them for the for $600-650 for the longest time when you called in... Shop around - even when they first came out they weren't that price.  I'd suggest shopping around for a better deal.

Quote:
I forgot you get taxed. I don't.
And New In Open Box means just that, new but the box was open... the headphones and everything IN the box was completely untouched. All signs of tampering were non-existent. One major way to tell is the arms that hold the cups.... they have a specific 'sticker' on both arms that would OBVIOUSLY show signs of use. The cables, everything was exactly the same as the NEW one I bought a year ago.
There's being sure, and then there's paranoid.
wink.gif

I know I'm paranoid about some things, but I am just a bit anal when it comes to audio gear. That's just me...
biggrin.gif

I do want to thank you you both for your input. I was curious so I called EE just now to ask them exactly what "open box" means. After I told the sales rep my concerns he offered to sell me a New In Box pair for $610. I said yes!

While giving him my billing info, he groaned when I said I live in Washington. Although I didn't say anything, he then offered to sell me the new headphones at the open box price, and then threw in free shipping (a whopping $5.00). So I paid $640 out the door.

Well, that satisfied my anal paranoid side and my value conscious side in one fell swoop. I called J&R and cancelled my order.

You both saved me beaucoup bucks. Thanks a lot!

Jan 24, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #1,942 of 9,815

Quote:
No, he means the D5000's that he owns are great, so... smiley (I would translate as "I'm sure the D7000's are terrific - even better.)

Exactly!
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #1,944 of 9,815
Thanks to this thread, I got a great deal (lightning deal, actually) on my HD 600's. I honestly thought they would be the last headphones I would ever buy. I like to fool myself like that...  Now I once again have members here to thank!

I honestly don't know what to expect with the Denons. I've just had a hankerin for more bass (that don't bleed into the mids) that my 600's lack. I have finally surrendered my mantra that I must have neutral(ish) headphones.

I can't wait to hear them!

Jan 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #1,948 of 9,815
I think they mustve just raised the price cause like 1 or 2 weeks ago it was $39 at walmart... but yea $10 off is still a deal; finally paid off the credit card from my last massive headgear spending spree so I know where you're coming from
Quote:

It's back to $49.99. I thought maybe some people who didn't get it during the Christmas sales would appreciate even a $10, considering most of us here have already spent hundreds of dollars on headphones and gaming gear alike.

Jan 24, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #1,950 of 9,815

Users who are viewing this thread

Back