The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #1,909 of 9,815

Quote:
can anyone share with my the risks of buying open box??
i'm considering buying these denon's

thanks

As I said earlier, mine looked like it hadn't been opened at all.  The box was a little dinged up (couple of slightly smashed corners, etc), but the headphones looked like they hadn't been touched.  All the factory twist ties and plastic coverings were in place.

Denon's warranty policy on open box items is full coverage as is (so if any accessories are missing, they won't replace them, but if it breaks, it's warranted out to 1 year like all other Denon headphones).  Honestly, not a bad deal at all given that the only accessory is a screw-on 1/8" to 1/4" adapter (and mine was included anyways).  I picked up a 3 year Square Trade warranty (~$25 with coupon) as well, just to be on the safe side.

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #1,910 of 9,815
denon ah-d7000

http://www.electronics-expo.com/denon-ah-d7000-headphones-ear-cup-soft-satin-piano-gloss-br-used-like-new

i assume this is a steal as well.  i was thinking maybe the d2000 and they were apparently out of stock for a little while and looked at all the rest of their open box listings for maybe something else.  not sure i should spend this much yet..lol just bought open box srh750dj for my first real pair of headphones and wont even get them for at least a week yet.

That's a steal. If I hadn't just gotten a used pair for $400 I'd be very tempted.

Jan 23, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #1,912 of 9,815

Quote:
Do you own HE-400's?

They sound nothing like the HD600.

That's the point, her musical tastes include hard metal and dubstep which demands more bass. That's why I recommend the he400 over the 600's. Oh, and I do own both headphones, although the he400's arent working right now lol

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 23, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #1,913 of 9,815

Quote:

That's the point, her musical tastes include hard metal and dubstep which demands more bass. That's why I recommend the he400 over the 600's. Oh, and I do own both headphones, although the he400's arent working right now lol

Too bad about your 400's.
frown.gif
  Mine are working fine so far (18 hours use/burn-in).

Personally, I've never subscribed to the "certain headphones for certain music" philosophy. I can understand why some people want to color their music in different ways, but I think tone controls is a much easier way to do it.

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #1,914 of 9,815

Really want to try the 400s.

Quote:
frown.gif

Personally, I've never subscribed to the "certain headphones for certain music" philosophy. I can understand why some people want to color their music in different ways, but I think tone controls is a much easier way to do it.

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #1,915 of 9,815

Quote:
frown.gif

Oh yeah I agree completely. My top 3 headphones right now are pretty neutral (he500, fostex t50rp paradox and Hd600) and it gives you a lot more options of eq. And those 3 also have a certain coloration albeit being pretty neutral, so they can serves different purposes.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #1,916 of 9,815
Just got my "New In Open Box" D7000s from Electronics Expo. These are DEFINITELY to be considered new. The contents inside are definitely untouched, down to the 'tape' that covers the metal size adjustments. So anyone skeptical should feel 100% confident about getting their D7000s for a very cheap price through E-E's Amazon listing. I had bought a brand new D7000 last year from them, and it's in the same condition.

$585.... what a deal.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #1,917 of 9,815

Quote:
Just got my "New In Open Box" D7000s from Electronics Expo. These are DEFINITELY to be considered new. The contents inside are definitely untouched, down to the 'tape' that covers the metal size adjustments. So anyone skeptical should feel 100% confident about getting their D7000s for a very cheap price through E-E's Amazon listing. I had bought a brand new D7000 last year from them, and it's in the same condition.
$585.... what a deal.

I have been sorely wanting to try the D7000 for a while now and this pushed me over the cliff. I had them in my cart and entered my shipping info until I noticed a little something above the subtotal...TAX!

Turns out, EE is partners with Amazon for distribution. Amazon is in WA so I pay sales tax if I order from them.

I know it's stupid, but somehow the extra $55 ruins the thrill for me.
frown.gif

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #1,918 of 9,815
I would have bought them for $650, so... that tax I would live with. Worth every penny.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #1,919 of 9,815

Quote:
I have been sorely wanting to try the D7000 for a while now and this pushed me over the cliff. I had them in my cart and entered my shipping info until I noticed a little something above the subtotal...TAX!

Turns out, EE is partners with Amazon for distribution. Amazon is in WA so I pay sales tax if I order from them.

I know it's stupid, but somehow the extra $55 ruins the thrill for me.
frown.gif

It's still way cheaper than 999.99. I almost pulled trigger on D5000 but than realized they are closed plus no guarantee i will receive HE-400 by end of next week as promised

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #1,920 of 9,815
Don't let being closed stop you, my D7000s have a much larger soundstage than any other closed cans I've ever heard, and by all accounts the D5000s are the same way. I'm so crazy about these things that I don't even want to listen to my other phones anymore. :D

I'm thinking about some pad upgrades though, but I see that J$ isn't around anymore. Anyone know what other options are out there right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back