The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #1,697 of 9,815
I feel so dang depressed for not calling J&R when you guys first mentioned it last week! I thought no way it is not sold out or done...

They would only go to $225 for me :/ !! Still... the deal kills the HELL out of the two finds I was obsessed with on Amazon today:
AKG Q 701  $227
-and-
Beyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600  $241

You might say one of those is better in your opinion... but... not for a guy without the $$ to get a beefy amp. I'm probably just going direct headphone port first month, then grab an E17 (which from my understanding will drive these well, but not the AKG or Beyer AT ALL)

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #1,698 of 9,815
225 is only 10 bucks more and not a bad deal.

and omg wow dt 880s are cheap, i would buy if i didnt have t1 already lol

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #1,699 of 9,815

Quote:
225 is only 10 bucks more and not a bad deal.

and omg wow dt 880s are cheap, i would buy if i didnt have t1 already lol

I have a hard enough time deciding what album to listen to. I can't imagine how long it takes for you to settle down and listen to something. Do you have a walk in closet for all your headphones? A motorized rotating tie rack maybe?
wink.gif

Jan 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #1,700 of 9,815

Quote:
I have a hard enough time deciding what album to listen too. I can't imagine how long it takes for you to settle down and listen to something. Do you have a walk in closet for all your headphones? A motorized rotating tie rack maybe?
wink.gif

lol

Jan 4, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #1,707 of 9,815
Wonder how low they would go on the Denon 7000s :)..

I got them last year for $650. I know others got similar deals, some as low as $600. You have to call. This is probably a great time since we're in the after-Christmas lull.

Jan 5, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #1,709 of 9,815
check out the sennheiser hd-598 $169 + free shipping from J&R they'll do a price match from electronic expo... they're charging $163... but u gotta pay for shipping and the shipping from electronic expo sucks, so it'll take at least 2 weeks for u to get them... 

Quote:
I feel so dang depressed for not calling J&R when you guys first mentioned it last week! I thought no way it is not sold out or done...

They would only go to $225 for me :/ !! Still... the deal kills the HELL out of the two finds I was obsessed with on Amazon today:
AKG Q 701  $227
-and-
Beyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600  $241

You might say one of those is better in your opinion... but... not for a guy without the $$ to get a beefy amp. I'm probably just going direct headphone port first month, then grab an E17 (which from my understanding will drive these well, but not the AKG or Beyer AT ALL)

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #1,710 of 9,815

Quote:
I am looking to purchase the Audeze LCD V2's. What is the best price I could find for these? and from which retailer? Thanks everyone!

Used from a head-fi'r or wait for a sale.  Sometimes moon audio sells stuff after they exhibit it at shows.  Maybe check after CES in a few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back