The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #1,726 of 9,815
Its actually a really simple mod Morbid. Its 100% reversible and non damaging to test out. I just liked it so much that I made it a permanent mod. I would have honestly sold my denon 5000s if not for this mod. Its really taken them to a whole new level and they are easily the best cans I've heard to date.

Quote:
Modding isn't my thing, and it's not plenty of other people's as well. 

Wouldn't doubt it though.

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #1,727 of 9,815
They are legit, just slow (I bought D7K from them).  Don't know about their return policies/handling - Amazon is worth paying a premium for if the prices are remotely close...

Drew
Quote:
I ordered from Electronic Expo yesterday and sort of regret it now. The site seems all kinds of shady, I never received a confirmation email, and the order is still "processing". Can anyone confirm if they are even legit?

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #1,728 of 9,815
I had a bad experience with them and won't buy from them again. I eventually got my product though so they're legit, just not a fun place, IMO.

Quote:
They are legit, just slow (I bought D7K from them).  Don't know about their return policies/handling - Amazon is worth paying a premium for if the prices are remotely close...

Drew

It's just not my thing. I'd like to get into it someday I suppose, but I was nearly pointing out that there are plenty of others like me. More power to you though. Modding can makes some amazing changes. 

Quote:
Its actually a really simple mod Morbid. Its 100% reversible and non damaging to test out. I just liked it so much that I made it a permanent mod. I would have honestly sold my denon 5000s if not for this mod. Its really taken them to a whole new level and they are easily the best cans I've heard to date.

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #1,729 of 9,815
They're legit, just don't order to ship to a different address than your billing address. 

Quote:

Drew

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #1,730 of 9,815
They are legit, but there service sucks... you wont get ur product for atleast 2 weeks... thats why i canceled and ordered from J&R... they will price match electronic expo for you... and they shipped my headphones within 24hrs... they show up tomorrow

Quote:

I ordered from Electronic Expo yesterday and sort of regret it now. The site seems all kinds of shady, I never received a confirmation email, and the order is still "processing". Can anyone confirm if they are even legit?

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #1,731 of 9,815

Quote:
They are legit, but there service sucks... you wont get ur product for atleast 2 weeks... thats why i canceled and ordered from J&R... they will price match electronic expo for you... and they shipped my headphones within 24hrs... they show up tomorrow

I've ordered many pairs of headphones (HD598, HD448, Q701, K311, Shure SRH840) from Electronic Expo and all of them were processed and arrived promptly.  In fact, I've just ordered another pair of HD598's and I got a shipping notice the next day and they were scheduled to be delivered next Monday.  I guess I'm just lucky :)

Jan 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #1,734 of 9,815
Alesandoro. 
wink.gif

Quote:
Does anyone sell new Grados below MSRP?  If so, please send me a pm with the information. Thanks fellow members for the assistance.

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #1,735 of 9,815

Quote:

Electronic EXPO are crooks and do whatever they can to get out of offering a deal or price matching. They did this with me on the SE535. I was tempted to purchase them at one time when they were around the $300.00 mark. Pretty much they weren't interested in selling me the item at the listed price. Stay away at all cost...

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #1,737 of 9,815

Quote:
I got 2 pairs of the AH-D1100 from Electronics Expo and the arrived promptly, no issues. I also shipped them to my work address without problem. I wouldn't hesitate on them in the future.

You are a lucky one. But don't you find it peculiar how so many headfiers posted negative about them. Keep that in mind.

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #1,738 of 9,815

Quote:
You are a lucky one. But don't you find it peculiar how so many headfiers posted negative about them. Keep that in mind.

Doh! I just ordered a pair of open box/like new Denon D2000 for Electronics Expo
confused_face_2.gif

Anyhow, Guitar Center has AKG K240 Studio for $99 + $20 off with code: GET20, FREE SHIPPING IF YOU PICK THEM UP IN THE STORE.......I audition them at the store yesterday and sounded awesome outta box with my ROCOO P
L3000.gif

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #1,740 of 9,815

Users who are viewing this thread

Back