The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 27, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #7,636 of 9,815
Quote:
The Camelizer says that these have frequently sold for about $90 at Amazon.
Audio Technica seems to have very high "manufacturers suggested retail price" on all their headphones, so they look like you are always getting a great deal.
(But these also get very good reviews.)

It would be more correct to say these headphones are now heavily discounted because they're an old model. These have been around since 2003. The ad700x just came out this year.

Audiotechnica and the resellers on amazon aren't trying to pull a fast one here like some invicita watch.

edit: anyone going to jump on the m-80s in 30 minutes? I'd like to a/b with an hd25, but I'm afraid they might be uncomfortable.

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #7,639 of 9,815
@lazuline, i'm planning on grabbing some. wondering about comfort as well. also not sure if you'll have the choice of color with the deal.

edit: also, what do you all think would be a good price on the m-80s? I've heard they've been as low as $150 on amazon cyber-week aside.

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #7,643 of 9,815
Quote:
Ya bowei..... where can he get that price?
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

I am a female :p

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #7,648 of 9,815
Ok guys, so those poor folks at mass drop....bless their hearts.....but here's the deal. The order has been placed. And they're in production. An email with update stuff is getting sent out tonight. And, with a little wheedling by yours truly i may have eked out a bit of insider info...the matrix dac is a likely contender for the next thing, bc of the big order they just placed.

oh...and by the way, we have surpassed first name basis to nickname basis....

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #7,649 of 9,815
so quick question--i pulled the trigger for the M80 on Amazon.

should I gift them out for christmas, or are they a substantial upgrade from my ultrasones (hfi-580) where I would be stupid to?

Thanks! 

Nov 27, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #7,650 of 9,815
Two pairs of the M80s snagged! After taking the plunge on the LPs the other day, I've been impressed enough to snatch up two more V-Modas as gifts. Couldn't make myself go with the white ones though-- too gaudy for my taste.

I love this hobby even more when I get to camouflage my whorish headphone buying as "gift giving." :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back