Hey guys!! This is a new thread to replace the old one (here) with the updated information on the upcoming Music City Meet in Nashville!!
- Location: Best Western Franklin Inn (Conference Room)
- Address: 1308 Murfreesboro Road, Franklin, TN 37064
- Date: May 10th, 2014
- Times: 10am - 8pm
- Note: the Best Western is very meh-looking from the exterior, but the conference room they have is several times larger (and a good deal nicer) than some of the other ones I looked at, and the price is very reasonable, so I think it will serve our purposes just fine!
Conference Room Pics: (I'm a cruddy photographer on a cellphone, so excuse the quality):
Current Attendees and Gear:
(Note: please let me know if there are any changes to this list, and I'll get it updated!)
Schiit Asgard 1
Beyerdynamic DT880 - 250 ohm
Little Dot Mk3
Glow Audio Amp One
Denon 2000,5000 & 7000
Grado GS1000 (Original)
Grado RS1 Buttonless
Pure Digital Dock
Grub => CKIII
Porta Corda III (diy kit version)
Carrie/Grub USB System
Frank Berryman (ultrahighendreview.com)
Schitt Valhalla (in cool black trim)
There will not be full-on food at the meet, but I'm going to pick up a few snacks to gnosh upon when the blood sugar levels start dipping. If anyone has anything they'd like to bring, feel free! The hotel itself is about 5 minutes from Cool Springs, and there are a million good places to eat there, so if/when the hangry bug starts to nibble at you, you can hop down the road and get pretty much anything you'd like. There's also a Shoney's next door, if you're into that sort of thing. Alternately, there were plenty of squirrels around the premises for anyone with a high energy level and low culinary expectations.
I am going to come down the night before (probably won't arrive before 7-8pm unless I can finagle something at work), and I'm down for dinner with whomever would like to come out! Also, I have a feeling the meeting will wrap up at precisely beer thirty, so if anyone wants to run out after the meet and grab a quick bite and some brews, I'm down. Lemme know!
What We Need:
- Extension cables and power strips: There are only 9 outlets, and they're on the outside walls of a pretty large room, so bring any spares you can!
- Camera man: As you can see from the room pics I posted above, Ansel Adams I ain't. So if anybody would like to bring a camera and get snap-happy, please do so! Also, I'd like to compile those and any other pics (cellphones, etc) after the meet for sharing with everyone. This is, with any luck, the first in a long series of awesome Nashville meets, so it would be great to properly document it!
- Proselytizing Loudmouths: Due to the rather expeditious nature of the current incarnation of this event, there are probably a lot of people who would like to attend, but either don't think it's happening now, or never knew it was happening in the first place! So we need to get out there and SPREAD THE GOOD WORD! I'm going to post a link to this thread in a few related threads around here to try to let people know it's happening, and I'm going to be sending out some mass PMs shortly as well (apologies in advance if I blow you up in the next few minutes), and I'll also have an updated link to the event in my signature line, which you can feel free to copy and share or add to your sig line too. The most critical element for a successful meet is the people that show up!
I'm Interested! What do I do?
Anyone is welcome to swing by and spend as little or as long as they'd like! If you plan on bringing some gear to share, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know so I can update the gear list. Also, if you are definitely coming but don't plan on bringing anything, still chime in on the thread-- you don't have to bring gear to be welcome! Even if you have no audio gear to bring, if you want to bring a couple of extension cords or power strips, or maybe some snacks, they would be appreciated, but not at all required. And last, but certainly not least-- help us SPREAD THE WORD and let people know about the event!!
Guys, I'm VERY excited about this, and cannot wait to get a chance to actually put faces with Head-Fi handles while listening to world-class gear!! I'll see you in Nashville on May 10th!!!
Edited by Theogenes - 5/2/14 at 10:22pm