Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900?
Oct 3, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #31 of 48
I am still very very new to this audio world and haven't heard of any great IEM out there. ( pls nice to me as I am a noob =P). However, I always believe what sounds great to your ears is the best ;D

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #32 of 48
Quote:
So which ones are the best planx :wink:.

To my ears, the 1P2....

Haha did I get you there? Universal wise, to my ears and the IEMs I tried/owned so far, Ety ER-4S. Sorry folks, that's my idea of the best IEM for my needs and also my CIEM, but no one will be able to try that unless you buy it off me and re-shell it.

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:
Depend on the people's different taste of music and different ears, I suppose it's very hard to define 'the best'. But yes, one of the best. I dare say IE80 is the wise choice. Oh you mind take a look at Heir Audio 3Ai and 4Ai.

I have heard the 3.Ai.  I think of them like a mini-PFE232 with a slightly shifted signature to a higher extreme.  It's a very fun and engaging signature that doesn't sacrifice technicality.  Technically speaking, it's still below the 900s though.  A fun IEM, great for a bass-head with the right fit.  I will eventually be getting my hands on the 4.Ai.  Time to see what all the fuss is about regarding those.  I've stopped following hype though.  It'll admit it does make for a good marketing tactic, but I try to avoid hype (or adding to it in any way).  

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:27 AM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

I have heard the 3.Ai.  I think of them like a mini-PFE232 with a slightly shifted signature to a higher extreme.  It's a very fun and engaging signature that doesn't sacrifice technicality.  Technically speaking, it's still below the 900s though.  A fun IEM, great for a bass-head with the right fit.  I will eventually be getting my hands on the 4.Ai.  Time to see what all the fuss is about regarding those.  I've stopped following hype though.  It'll admit it does make for a good marketing tactic, but I try to avoid hype (or adding to it in any way).  

But if the love is for real then I don't see it as hype. But then again a lot of the time it's placebo-effect from the new-toy syndrome. I know where you are coming from :wink:. Not so sure if my method is very conventional. I tend to try focus on the negatives if anything and if it passes my expectations then I spread the love. :p

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #39 of 48
Quote:
But if the love is for real then I don't see it as hype. But then again a lot of the time it's placebo-effect from the new-toy syndrome. I know where you are coming from :wink:. Not so sure if my method is very conventional. I tend to try focus on the negatives if anything and if it passes my expectations then I spread the love. :p

I try to find negatives, but also find positives while I'm doing it.  That way, if it does something well, you'll know about it.  If it does something poorly, you'll know about it.  And I do agree with the new-toy syndrome as well, it plays huge rolls.  There is also the opposite in my mind, no clue what to call it.  It took me about a week and a half before I realized how awesomely amazing the PFE232s really were.  They were an IEM that didn't wow me at first, but after a week of listening to them, they became one of my absolute favorites, despite them not being my preferred signature.  

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #40 of 48
There's no way SE535 is close to IE80... Ive been into lots of BA's but i realize that im really a dynamic type guy:wink: ... The best that ive heard among BA's is the great 13 from Harvey but still cant match the overall openness and airyness of top-end dynamics like IE80...

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #42 of 48
I'd go with the UE 900s, hearing that the bass on the IE80s can be a little bit overwhelming at times, and seeing that you can always turn up the bass on the ue900s at any given time. Also, I like the sound signature of the tf10s A LOT, so I'm assuming the UE900s will sound even BETTER.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #44 of 48
Thing is with the IE80s you have 3 possible sound signatures without having to use EQ. With the tape mod they are on par with the Westone 4 and UM3X in sound signature. Just more natural and open (bigger sound stage). I'd rather have versatility and not have to use EQ.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #45 of 48
True... true... but I already have an E6... so I can adjust the bass on practically any headphones thrown at me... and the e6 only costs an extra $25, which is very worthy investment if you ask me... and it's portable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back