San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 3rd, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #31 of 218
Quote:
Also the Liquid Glass might or might not make it.  Alex Cavalli said if we pay for shipping.  I could borrow a Liquid Lightning and a SR-009.  Anyone interested in chipping in?

I would consider chipping in. I have dreamed about hearing a pair of SR-009's too. Let me know how much we're talking about.

-Darin

Oct 8, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #34 of 218
Quote:
Would anyone like to hear the Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir stack? If so I will attend.

And I'd contribute to shipping to hear the Cavalli/Stax combo.

Yes, please! It would be great to be able to compare the Gungnir with the Bifrost in one place. (Mr.Speakers is bringing a Bifrost/Lyr.)

I'll put you on the list of attendees, if that's OK.

Thank you.

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #36 of 218
Oct 9, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #37 of 218
Quote:
Would anyone like to hear the Schiit Gungnir/Mjolnir stack? If so I will attend.

And I'd contribute to shipping to hear the Cavalli/Stax combo.

Absolutely! By that time I might even have a Gungnir too and not the PS Audio!

Oct 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #38 of 218
Well, I'll have a Gungnir too! It'll be here tomorrow!The PS Audio should be long gone by then. It was fun!
frown.gif

I think the Gungnir will be better for my needs though.
biggrin.gif
deadhorse.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #39 of 218
Quote:
Well, I'll have a Gungnir too! It'll be here tomorrow!The PS Audio should be long gone by then. It was fun!
frown.gif

I think the Gungnir will be better for my needs though.
biggrin.gif
deadhorse.gif

Congrats on the new purchase! I can't wait to hear it...

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #40 of 218
Quote:
Also the Liquid Glass might or might not make it.  Alex Cavalli said if we pay for shipping.  I could borrow a Liquid Lightning and a SR-009.  Anyone interested in chipping in?

Any word on the shipping costs?

FYI, I signed up another vendor, Audio Revelation, to send some gear for the show. See the first post for the gear he is sending down.

Get the word out!

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #41 of 218
Alex told me, that it will prob be over $100 dollars each way for the LG, SR009 and LL.  Hope we get enough support to get the LL and SR009.

He said "I’ll be back about Oct 17. The LG has to go to Dallas for a few days and then come back to me and then possibly go to you. :)"

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #42 of 218
Quote:
Alex told me, that it will prob be over $100 dollars each way for the LG, SR009 and LL.  Hope we get enough support to get the LL and SR009.

He said "I’ll be back about Oct 17. The LG has to go to Dallas for a few days and then come back to me and then possibly go to you. :)"

Thanks for letting us know.

So we need at least $200 or more. Anyone willing to commit to contributions? I can put in $50.00.

Anyone else?

Since I rented the venue for free, I didn't have to charge admission or charge the vendors to show their products. Maybe people can contribute towards the shipping instead?

I don't want to charge admission just to have a demo of gear that not everyone cares to hear. I would rather that those who are interested volunteer some cash. I also don't expect the vendors to pay to have a competing product there!

(Or we could just charge money to listen to the SR009 and LL.
biggrin.gif
)

Oct 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #43 of 218
I'll put up $40 for now since I need to pay maybe another $40 for gas.

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #44 of 218
I'd like to go. I can contribute up to $40 towards cost.
Also, I just ordered an Audio-gd Compass 2 (32 Bit USB & 32 Bit ES9018 DAC). I can bring that with my LCD2 with 4 wire norse cable and HD-25 MKII Adidas.
I also have a TT setup. I did not see any mention of vinyl. I have a ProJect RM6SB with Sumiko Blue Point Special and RSA F117 Nighthawk Phono that can plug into the new Compass 2.
If interested in any of those, I can bring them along  (also a HiSound Studio 3rd Anniversary if no one has heard one).

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #45 of 218
Quote:
I'd like to go. I can contribute up to $40 towards cost.
Also, I just ordered an Audio-gd Compass 2 (32 Bit USB & 32 Bit ES9018 DAC). I can bring that with my LCD2 with 4 wire norse cable and HD-25 MKII Adidas.
I also have a TT setup. I did not see any mention of vinyl. I have a ProJect RM6SB with Sumiko Blue Point Special and RSA F117 Nighthawk Phono that can plug into the new Compass 2.
If interested in any of those, I can bring them along  (also a HiSound Studio 3rd Anniversary if no one has heard one).

Thanks for coming Danny. You have a lot of great gear and it all sounds interesting, but definitely bring what ever you are comfortable with. You can bring vinyl? If you do, I am pretty sure you'd be the only one, but it would be cool to hear.

Anyway, I will put you on the list along with all your gear knowing that you might not bring all of it.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back