San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 3rd, 2012
Oct 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #151 of 218
In addition to the Concero (which is sitting at the UPS facility in Ontario waiting to clear Customs), QB-9 (assuming I still have it), and Dragonfly, I can also bring a wireless Arcam rDAC and a first-gen DACMagic if anyone is interested. Post here or PM me.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #152 of 218
Nice, I would like to try the Schiit Gungnir and Mjolnir again.  Are you bringing a monitor with your mac mini?
why of course!:D

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #153 of 218
Lol.  Dumb of me to ask.  Thought you had some trick to make it work without one.  Like an Ipad or some remote :p.

Oct 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #156 of 218
1 space only :p

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #157 of 218
Hi everyone,

The meet is THIS Saturday. I am really looking forward to it.

I went and checked out the room today. It's a great room! Tons of floor to ceiling windows, beautiful park and trees outside the windows, and lots of power outlets!

They have lots of tables and chairs available. We do have to set them up and put them away ourselves, but I don't think there will be any space problems or table space issues.

I have updated the 2nd post with more information about the location. PLEASE READ IT!

-Darin

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #159 of 218
Another update...

Two of our sponsors, Heir Audio and Mr. Speakers, have generously offered to provide food and drinks (no alcohol allowed in the library though!)

So we are planning on having pizza, sandwiches, snacks, and soft drinks.

Don't say "there's no such think as a free lunch" anymore!

BUT, PLEASE be very considerate to everyone bringing their cherished gear to the meet! ALWAYS wash your hands before handling anyone's gear.

Just to remind you, here's rule 7 and 8:

7) Do not bring ANY food or drinks near any equipment, including your own.
8) If you eat, please WASH YOUR DIRTY, GREASY HANDS BEFORE touching other people's equipment.

I will have lots of wipes and napkins available. Also, there is a kitchen adjoining the main room, so please use the kitchen or go to the bathroom to wash your hands.

Please help me to remind your fellow attendees about these rules.

AND if you are gently reminded by someone about the rules, please don't give any attitude or be offended. The rules are here in black and white and I will also have them available at the meet.

Obviously we want everyone to have a good time and we don't want anyone to be sorry they decided to come and share their gear with you!

-Darin

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #160 of 218
Quote:
Another update...

Two of our sponsors, Heir Audio and Mr. Speakers, have generously offered to provide food and drinks (no alcohol allowed in the library though!)

So we are planning on having pizza, sandwiches, snacks, and soft drinks.

Don't say "there's no such think as a free lunch" anymore!

BUT, PLEASE be very considerate to everyone bringing their cherished gear to the meet! ALWAYS wash your hands before handling anyone's gear.

Just to remind you, here's rule 7 and 8:

7) Do not bring ANY food or drinks near any equipment, including your own.
8) If you eat, please WASH YOUR DIRTY, GREASY HANDS BEFORE touching other people's equipment.

I will have lots of wipes and napkins available. Also, there is a kitchen adjoining the main room, so please use the kitchen or go to the bathroom to wash your hands.

Please help me to remind your fellow attendees about these rules.

AND if you are gently reminded by someone about the rules, please don't give any attitude or be offended. The rules are here in black and white and I will also have them available at the meet.

Obviously we want everyone to have a good time and we don't want anyone to be sorry they decided to come and share their gear with you!

-Darin

Also, if you start sweating, please take off the headphones I don't want a stinky headphone when i get back home :/

Secondly, if anyone has another pair of stock hd800s bring those too so you guys can see the difference in my cable.

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #164 of 218
Quote:

Heir audio is coming :D guessing that they would be dragging their universal IEM with them

Yes. Brannan will be bringing both the 3.Ai and 4.Ai and the Magnus cable. I am not aware of any "demo" versions of any of the custom IEM's that he has or is bringing. Has Heir ever made any demo units of their customs?

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #165 of 218
Quote:
Yes. Brannan will be bringing both the 3.Ai and 4.Ai and the Magnus cable. I am not aware of any "demo" versions of any of the custom IEM's that he has or is bringing. Has Heir ever made any demo units of their customs?

um has made demo units of their customs before it's how most other people (first group buy) or so has heard it. Magnus cable, what's the cabling pure copper? silver? etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back