***Update*** Date has been changed to Saturday, November 3rd, 2012. Sorry about that.
OK, here it is, finally!
I have confirmed a location and time for the meeting:
The meet will be from 11:00am until 4:30pm on Saturday, November 3rd.
The meet will be held at the Coronado Public Library in the Winn Room: 640 Orange Avenue, Coronado, CA 92118 (619) 522-7390
There is no parking lot, but street parking shouldn't be a problem. The parking on the main street in front of the library is 2 hour parking. But all the other side streets in the neighborhood are unrestricted.
We will have access to the room for setup starting at 10:00am and we will have 1 hour to pack up and put away the tables and chairs, clean, etc. at the end. We must be completely done in the room by 5:30pm.
We are allowed to bring food and beverages (no alcohol though). I have not made any plans to provide anything. Never having been to a meet, is there usually food or beverages provided? Not sure if anyone wants food or drinks near their gear!
I have two sponsors so far who have committed to helping out with expenses.
Other than that, please post on this thread if you plan on coming and what equipment you can bring, if any.
Also, if anyone else wants to help with the organization of this event, please PM me. I have never organized a meet before, so this will be an adventure for me. But since no one seemed willing to step up, I decided to volunteer.
Subscribe to this thread and check this post for updates.
Looking forward to a decent turn out!
- A representative from Heir Audio will be present. He will be bringing the entire line of Heir non-custom IEM's and accessories for attendees to demo.
- He will also be performing complimentary ear mold impressions with proof of purchase of any Heir Audio custom product.
- He has generously offered to help pay for the venue rental.
- The owner of MrSpeakers.com will be there. He will be bringing his Mad Dog headphones.
- He will also bring a Schiit Lyr and Bifrost, and a Burson 160D
- Ron Moreno from Moreno Sales will bring products from the lines they rep for demo.
- I have not confirmed exactly which products they are bringing. (Let me know if there's something specific you want to hear.)
- Although the owner will not be able to attend, he is sending down the following gear:
- Luxman P-200 Headphone Amp
- Bryston BHA-1 Balanced Headphone Amp
- Audeze headphones (I am not sure which models he will be sending down.)
Cavalli Audio: (probably)
- Liquid Lightning
- Stax SRM-009
- Smyth Realiser A8 (I will try to have a separate room with my meager 2 channel Infinity/Carver system to do individual calibrations for those people interested in hearing what this processor can do.)
- Stax SR-407
- Stax SRM-323A Amp
- Etymotic ER4S
- iBasso D7 Sidewinder DAC
- Koss PortaPro with Kramer and Quarter mods(These things are amazing!)
- PC laptop running FooBar for source
- Panasonic Blu-Ray Player E6500 (for multi-channel surround source to feed the Realiser)
- Dune HD Max Media player
- Audeze LCD2
- (possibly) Sennheiser HD650 depending on if I get it modified
- Hifiman EF5 (modded) headphone amp
- Woo WA6-SE (modded) headphone amp
- PS Audio Lambda II transport
- K Works SuperBerry DAC
- Audio Technica L3000
- Audio Technica DHA3000 dac/amp
- Hiface 2 usb to coaxial converter
- Paradox T50RP
- Vmoda M80
- Vmoda M100
- Nuforce HDP
- Leckerton UHA-6S mkII
- Ibasso PB2 w/ Hifight kit
- Audeze LCD-3
- AKG K701
- Emm labs Dac2
- iMac 27"
- Mac Mini 16GB ram w/Audirvana+
- Schitt Gungnir DAC
- A PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
- Schiit Mjolnir
- A non-speedballed Bottlehead Crack
- Sennheiser HD650 w/ both 4-pin balanced and unbalanced cables, respectively.
- Oppo BDP-95
- Audio Technica ATH-CK10
- HiFiMan RE-0
- Philips CitiScape Uptown (maybe)
- Schiit Gungnir
- Schitt Mjolnir
- Stax Lambda
- Sennheiser hd800
- Cavalli Liquid Fire
- Objective 2
- AKG K 500
- Koss Portapros
- MacBook Air
- Resonessence Concero (maybe)
- Bryston BHA-1 Balanced Headphone Amp (maybe)
- HD 800s (maybe)
- audio-gd NFB-1.32 balanced DAC with 32 bit USB/32 Bit Sabre and TXCO upgrades (with wireworld silver starlight usb)
- audio-gd NFB6 Balanced, discreet Amp connected via ACSS
- Project rm6sb turntable with Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthwak, battery phono stage (Audio Metallurlagy Silver OCC interconnects)
- Pioneer Elite 47Ai DVD-A/SACD/CD (with wireworld silver starlight digital optical)
- Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary with JDS Labs C-241
- LCD-2 with balanced Norse Audio 4 wire cable, Senn HD25 MKII, and my custom UM Melody's to plug into some nice portables hopefully...
- Koss KSC35
- UE TF10
- Apuresound modded HD580 with HD600 grills and HD650 cables
- Fully modded LA7000
- Fred Fred CMOY Class A
- Hisoundaudio Rocoo BA
- Hisoundaudio Rocoo Studio (v1)
- Samsung Note 2 (hopefully)
(coming in afternoon):
- iBasso DX100
- ALO Continental V2
- Beyerdynamic DT800/600 ohm headphones
- PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC II
- Marantz CD Player (transport)
- Stax SR007 Headphones
- Stax T2 DIY Amp
- HE Audio Jade (modded) Headphones
Edited by darinf - 11/2/12 at 11:28pm