RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Jun 19, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #2,386 of 3,674
The Trailli is, without a doubt, the best IEM I have ever listened too (and, like many here, I have listened to a LOT). It just does everything right. Incredible separation. Incredible staging. Incredible detail. Incredible treble. Incredible mids. Incredible bass (like the perfect combo between what a BA offers and what a DD would offer). And the build quality and cable are exceptional too. This one is a rare breed and a long-term keeper for sure. You could spend several times more cash looking for an IEM as good as this by buying others... or you could just quit the search and go straight for the Bird. It's going to take quite a masterpiece to knock this one off its pedestal for me.
Check out the Mason FS. It may not be the 'perfect all rounder' but it motivated me to sell the Bird. Not looking back!

Jun 19, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #2,387 of 3,674
Check out the Mason FS. It may not be the 'perfect all rounder' but it motivated me to sell the Bird. Not looking back!
So far the Mason has not been as almost universally loved as the Traillii, it is still early on though. There seems to be a somewhat even balance of people that keep the MFS and people that do not.

I am listening to it right now EDM which is not its strength as far as genres go and still enjoying it. One thing that is coming clear as the story for the Mason FS is that a quick demo is not going to be enough to decide. It will take days to see if you like it. Also it is very tip sensitive. What it brings to acoustic instruments is really special to my ears.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #2,388 of 3,674
So far the Mason has not been as almost universally loved as the Traillii, it is still early on though. There seems to be a somewhat even balance of people that keep the MFS and people that do not.

I am listening to it right now EDM which is not its strength as far as genres go and still enjoying it. One thing that is coming clear as the story for the Mason FS is that a quick demo is not going to be enough to decide. It will take days to see if you like it. Also it is very tip sensitive. What it brings to acoustic instruments is really special to my ears.
good that Andrew has a demo unit, but as you said a short audition (1-3 days) may not be enough…

Jun 19, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #2,389 of 3,674

There’s several people who have sold their trailli’s too but for obvious reasons they haven’t posted about that :D

Jun 19, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #2,390 of 3,674

Oh definitely, Mason FS is for a specific customer. It's interesting because some folks need a longer audition, but all I needed was 5 minutes haha

What really stood out to me when comparing the Traillii and Mason FS was how different each brand approach was. Traillii is the culmination of the iem journey we've been on for many years but Mason FS is starting a new journey. It goes beyond even what headphones are doing, this sort of ambition is what I expect at this price point.

Traillii is the best iem in the world to my ears. However, I would say Mason FS is the best experience I've ever had in the headfi realm.

Jun 19, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #2,391 of 3,674
it seems like that mysterious Oriolus guy actually knows what he's doing when it comes to tuning.

Indeed he's like the Masamune of IEM tuning.

Jun 19, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #2,392 of 3,674
7C04F440-0945-40E7-BDBB-4D6651ED17EC.jpeg

Attila has me this close to pulling the trigger on a metropolis… @NaittsirK

Jun 19, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #2,393 of 3,674
7C04F440-0945-40E7-BDBB-4D6651ED17EC.jpeg

Attila has me this close to pulling the trigger on a metropolis… @NaittsirK
Just-Do it.

😁

Seriously I could not express how amazing the cable is. Atleast with the Thummim.
Thummim with Plato feels like Thummim "light" in comparison 😀

Jun 19, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #2,394 of 3,674
Jun 19, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #2,398 of 3,674
Oh definitely, Mason FS is for a specific customer. It's interesting because some folks need a longer audition, but all I needed was 5 minutes haha

What really stood out to me when comparing the Traillii and Mason FS was how different each brand approach was. Traillii is the culmination of the iem journey we've been on for many years but Mason FS is starting a new journey. It goes beyond even what headphones are doing, this sort of ambition is what I expect at this price point.

Traillii is the best iem in the world to my ears. However, I would say Mason FS is the best experience I've ever had in the headfi realm.
Traillii + Maui Wowie = Mason FS.

Jun 19, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #2,399 of 3,674
Jun 19, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #2,400 of 3,674
I also approve. Anything from PW gets my 👍🏽 🤪

I also think the subtle blue in the metropolis will add a nice touch w the 18s.
The blue dots are really not visible in any circumstance :) (luckily for the goth in me)

Attachments

• 20210603_132308.jpg
    20210603_132308.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back