RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Jun 19, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #2,402 of 3,674
Jun 19, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #2,404 of 3,674
With the help of @NaittsirK the Metropolis is happening!
image.jpg

Jun 19, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #2,405 of 3,674
Jun 19, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #2,406 of 3,674
attila has been amazing on the traillii, I'm assuming metro is overall siimilar.

would be nice to keep the pw branding for the traillii cable upgrade.

orphy demo will be here momentarily...then will have to decide between orphy and some "inferior crap" in the $2k realm... :joy:

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #2,407 of 3,674
So far the Mason has not been as almost universally loved as the Traillii, it is still early on though. There seems to be a somewhat even balance of people that keep the MFS and people that do not.

I am listening to it right now EDM which is not its strength as far as genres go and still enjoying it. One thing that is coming clear as the story for the Mason FS is that a quick demo is not going to be enough to decide. It will take days to see if you like it. Also it is very tip sensitive. What it brings to acoustic instruments is really special to my ears.
The sample size is way too small to judge at this point. The resale prices will tell us which IEM works best for the market. Just based on the reviews, I'd say that the Traillii is the safer bet and therefore will be chosen by most looking for Summit Fi. Who the heck wants to risk disappointment by a $6000 product? I think the MS will be more likely the companion to the Traillii than the other way around.

Jun 19, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #2,408 of 3,674
attila has been amazing on the traillii, I'm assuming metro is overall siimilar.

would be nice to keep the pw branding for the traillii cable upgrade.

orphy demo will be here momentarily...then will have to decide between orphy and some "inferior crap" in the $2k realm... :joy:
How is the Attilla different than the stock cable that comes with the Traillii? Isn't it just a 4 wire PW 1960s?

Jun 19, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #2,409 of 3,674
How is the Attilla different than the stock cable that comes with the Traillii? Isn't it just a 4 wire PW 1960s?
It is not a 4 wire 1960. I have asked UM about this.

Jun 19, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #2,411 of 3,674
The sample size is way too small to judge at this point. The resale prices will tell us which IEM works best for the market. Just based on the reviews, I'd say that the Traillii is the safer bet and therefore will be chosen by most looking for Summit Fi. Who the heck wants to risk disappointment by a $6000 product? I think the MS will be more likely the companion to the Traillii than the other way around.
I was disappointed by Traillii after hearing Mason FS, especially when Oriolus is hiking their price even further.

In addition, FS is a luxury version of Fusang which is $4500 (likely less at Musicteck). UM Flagship sound quality can be had for $4500, not 6k. Oriolus should consider doing something similar.

Jun 19, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #2,412 of 3,674
I was disappointed by Traillii after hearing Mason FS, especially when Oriolus is hiking their price even further.

In addition, FS is a luxury version of Fusang which is $4500 (likely less at Musicteck). UM Flagship sound quality can be had for $4500, not 6k. Oriolus should consider doing something similar.
Did the price increase actually occur? Musicteck still has it listed at $5999 and Andrew obviously discounts it from there.

Jun 19, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #2,413 of 3,674
Did the price increase actually occur? Musicteck still has it listed at $5999 and Andrew obviously discounts it from there.
To my knowledge the price increase will be reflected in the Asian markets first (China, Hong Kong etc). I remember Andrew at Musicteck saying it would happen on May 1st. Perhaps the Western price will be adjusted later.

Jun 19, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #2,415 of 3,674
Something being a safe bet also tells me absolutely nothing though lol. The Erl is one of the safest bets there is and I still sold it after 5 listens because of how bored I was
Don't let @aaf evo hear you say that :laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back