Rank the IEM's you've heard
Apr 25, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #4,801 of 5,197
Of those I have owned:

1) Fir Audio RN6 with Red Atom (unique with sub bass extension, speaker like, highly resolving)
2) Noble Kublai Khan (oh does the bass hit hard and deep, no other sacrifices)
3) 64 Audio A18s (sublime, warm detailed listening)
4) Oriolus Isabellae (organic, creamy with solid bass and natural tonality)
5) 64 Audio A12t (great all rounder that continues to impress)
6) Empire Ears Legend X Evo (great bass, some sacrifices in mid range, not great all genres)
7) Empire Ears Odin (great bass, loads of detail, notes were too thin & quick for me, lacked some note weight)
8) Noble Viking Ragnar (expansively wide soundstage, detailed, but soundstage is not tall nor deep, lacks bass, can get crispy up top)
9) 64 Audio A6t (great tonality, good bass but not overly detailed, lacking in detail and treble extension)
10) 64 Audio N8 (decent bass, rest of frequency range has decent tonality but recessed)
11)CA Andromeda Gold (good tonality, lacks mid range)
12) CA Andromeda OG (similar to OG, but lacking in both low end and mids)
13) CA Solaris (lacks definition, kind of muddy)
14) Oriolus Szalayi (incoherent)

JURY OUT
1) IMR Accoutics BC 2023

INCOMING
1) Noble (special build that's in progress)
2) IMR Elan+

INTERESTED IN
1) Noble Ronin
2) Fir XE6

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2023 at 10:16 PM Post #4,802 of 5,197
New to this hobby so my list is small.

1) EE Odin
Huge gap between these and…
2) U12T
3) Fiio FH3
4) QKZ x HBB

Only ones I’ve heard so far…

Apr 26, 2023 at 6:36 AM Post #4,803 of 5,197
Of those I have owned:

1) Fir Audio RN6 with Red Atom (unique with sub bass extension, speaker like, highly resolving)
6) Empire Ears Legend X Evo (great bass, some sacrifices in mid range, not great all genres)
7) Empire Ears Odin (great bass, loads of detail, notes were too thin & quick for me, lacked some note weight)
8) Noble Viking Ragnar (expansively wide soundstage, detailed, but soundstage is not tall nor deep, lacks bass, can get crispy up top)
9) 64 Audio A6t (great tonality, good bass but not overly detailed, lacking in detail and treble extension)
10) 64 Audio N8 (decent bass, rest of frequency range has decent tonality but recessed)
10) CA Andromeda Gold (good tonality, lacks mid range)
11) CA Andromeda OG (similar to OG, but lacking in both low end and mids)
12) CA Solaris (lacks definition, kind of muddy)
13) Oriolus Isabellae (incoherent)

JURY OUT
1) IMR Accoutics BC 2023

INCOMING
2) IMR Elan+

INTERESTED IN
1) Noble Ronin
2) Fir XE6
Any Sony iem u tried?

Apr 26, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #4,804 of 5,197
Any Sony iem u tried?
yes, totally forgot! Sony ZR -1. Did not last Long. Legendary bass, everything you hear is true, but mids were very recessed and felt thin so for me it was not an accurate representation of music. I would have slotted this near bottom. For bass, Evo and Kublai Khan deliver as good bass but have far superior tonality in mid range and treble. The same was true when I listened to a friend's 64 Audio Nio.

Apr 26, 2023 at 7:37 AM Post #4,805 of 5,197
Of those I have owned:

10) CA Andromeda Gold (good tonality, lacks mid range)
11) CA Andromeda OG (similar to OG, but lacking in both low end and mids)
12) CA Solaris (lacks definition, kind of muddy)
13) Oriolus Isabellae (incoherent)

JURY OUT
1) IMR Accoutics BC 2023

INCOMING
2) IMR Elan+

INTERESTED IN
1) Noble Ronin
2) Fir XE6
Numbers 4 and 13... typo??
Unless you really have love/hate relationship with Isabellae 😊

Apr 26, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #4,806 of 5,197
Numbers 4 and 13... typo??
Unless you really have love/hate relationship with Isabellae
Hahaha, #13 was suppose to be Szalayi. Will change it now!

Apr 26, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #4,807 of 5,197
1- Moondrop Blessing 2: Dusk (had to sell it for the horrific fit)
2- Penon Orb (my main IEM for the last 6 months now)
3- Eytmotic ER2SE (Best IEM for the under 200$ price bracket, unfortunately I had an acciedent where I got the eartips stuck and couldn't get them out so I had to the emergency to get them out then after that I never had the courage to wear them or use any deep insertion IEM from Etymotic or any other company even though it's really appealing sometimes just for that sweat isolation )
4- 7Hz Timeless (great IEM details wise with terrible sound bleed, I didn't realize it till the day one of my friend told me that he could hear exactly what I was listening to after months of weraring it everywhere I went)
5- Tripowin Mele
6- Moondrop Chu
7- Tinhifi P2 (the sound of this IEM was just too weird for me)
8- KBEar Diamond
9- KZ x Crin

I stopped getting new IEMs since I got my Penon Orb, but now am back and am looking forward to trying out the Truthears Zero which is on its way to me right now.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #4,808 of 5,197
Excellent job, Agree on most parts I would put Sony m9 behind Z1r and ahead of moondrop s8
Also would be great to have dunu sa6 in the list too.
Thank you! I will decided to update it wit more explanation, because people have wondered why RE-2000. Unfortunantly i have not listening M9, but i trust your words on 100% and can agree with that sentence regardless from that feedbacks i have read about IER M9
1. Hifiman RE-2000 Gold only SpiralDots, i was shocked how tips changed the SQ.
2. Sony IER Z1R sound is good but fit is the worst of all IEM's
3. ThieAudio Monarch V2 the best mids
4. Moondrop s8 the most detailed
5. Westone w80 the best fit, the most balanced earphones
6. Mest Mext
7. Earsonics S-EM9 best for rock
8. CA Solaris 2020
9. JH Rox. Bass is impressive, the same as Z1R
10. FINAL Audio B3
11. CA Andromeda
12. EMPIRE AUDIO WRATH ONLY WITH POWERFULL SOURCE
13. Sony EX-1000 not realistic imegination like 3D effect active
14. Dunu DN-1000
14. IMR R1 Zenith with re-2000 cable
15. Fiio FH5
16. Shure se215
99. AAW Canary

Apr 27, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #4,809 of 5,197
Of the ones I've owned, to my ears -- edited to include the Yanyin Canon I originally forgot.

1. Campfire Dorado (powerful, dynamic, deep sub-bass, a bit "dark" which silver cable helps with)
2. Moondrop Variations (very good all-rounder, just enough dynamics, smooth highs w/ EST driver)
3. Yanyin Canon (also good all-rounder, more powerful/dynamic than the Variations)
4. Kinera Norn (also fairly dynamic and powerful (you getting the drift of my preferred tuning?), good sub-bass but not overwhelming)
5. Ety ER4P / XR (super clear and detailed, decent bass extension, but very little bass impact, deep-insertion fit issues for some)
6. Thieaudio Oracle OG (similar to Norn & Variations, esp with the EST driver for highs -- very smooth = not as powerful / dynamic)
7. Moondrop Blessing 2 (very smooth, not much bass or treble extension, super-safe sounding)

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #4,812 of 5,197
New updated April 2023 version - Last updated July 2021

My experience is fairly limited with IEM's although I am gaining more experience as time goes by.

My Top 10 is based on IEM's that I own or have owned, obviously I am unable to comment on something I have not heard.

Disclaimer. I can sometimes struggle with fit in my right ear. Everything I have ever tried fits my left ear.
Damn why was I born with a defective right ear canal?

1) VE Phoenix (Bonus, another one from VE that fits like a glove for me) Purchased this after hearing it on the UK tour. Dethroned my Erl LE after A/B for several days. IMHO a similar sounding, slightly more practical version of the Erl LE on number 2 setting (my favourite setting) The bonus was that it was even comfier due to the reduction in weight. This was my bowing out of the hobby purchase. My one TOTL all rounder if you like.

2) VE Erl LE (Bonus, yep you guessed it. Fits like a glove for me) This was meant to be my end game and in many ways it was. Absolutely loved how it sounded. Absolutely stunning look at. beautiful! It also had the presentation box and accessories to match. Simply the best box opening experience I have ever had.(take note Oriolus!)The full package you might say. Unfortunately this was also part of the issue for me. Bear with me here while I try to explain myself here. I was always really anxious using it. Afraid to drop it, dent it or mark it up. I'd seen other examples advertised in the classifieds with dents resulting from dropping. In my mind severely impacting it's potential resale value. After all these things aint cheap! The supplied cable did have a tendency to work itself loose from time to time. Hence my anxiety. This would have been my Ducati 916 displayed on the wall had I unlimited resources.

3) Oriolus Trailii JP (My latest additional) purchased purely because Ive always been curious about this IEM given its high praise by the community. Im spending more time these days tinkering with my 2 channel set up but wanted to try it before temporarily leaving the hobby. I will say it now this could easily be at the very top of my list. Numero uno, albeit for one potential dealbreaker. The only thing stopping it, is it is slightly problematic on the fit side for me. Damn my right ear canal, because when everything is in place and sealed its absolutely sublime sounding to me. I know this issue will eventually start to detract from my enjoyment of the Bird so hence the relegation to 3rd place.

4) VE8 Anniversary edition (Bonus, the best fitting IEM I have ever experienced to date) fits first time, every time. Plug n play, no adjustments needed for phenomenal sound. Awesome! Kind of my Goldilocks IEM atm.

5) Sony IER Z1R (Probably the worst fitting IEM I have ever experienced) If they ever did a mark 11 in a smaller form factor I would be all over this in a heart beat! Still can't deny the great SQ. Bass and treble especially good IMHO

6) Audeze LCDi4 (not sure if this qualifies as an IEM. Loved the sound with EQ, hated the ear hooks. Kept on breaking and costly to replace. Replaced with LCD 4Z

7) 64 Audio Nio (M20 was my module of choice) Played awesome with my library. Good all rounder with nice hybrid tuning. Probably had the worst stock cable I have ever encountered. Sounded noticeably better with the Eletech Socrates 4.4 cable. Tips often left in my ear with this IEM for some reason.

8) 64 Audio U12T (M20 was my module of choice) Superbly balanced tuning. Didn't really do anything wrong but also didn't give me many real wow moments. I appreciated it's tuning but ultimately it was a bit on the safe side for me.

9) Oriolus Isabellae. Just edged out of a top 5 spot for me which given it's price is quite an achievement. With it's easy listening, natural, coherent tuning I can see this appealing to a broad spectrum of listeners.

10) Mest Mk11 (Sounded amazing sometimes. Was it the Bone conduction driver?)Too tip/fit depending for sound for me to keep long term. Would have placed higher if more consistent. When it was good it was really good!

11) Empire Ears Phantom (A little bit big for my ears struggled with obtaining a proper seal and would often leave tips in my right ear) first hour or so of listening was great until the seal was broken.

11) ISN H40 Mesh Mod (My price to performance King) nothing to dislike here if you enjoy a Bassy, full, musical sounding IEM with decent details and a fatigue free listening experience. It does remind me of the Sony IER Z1R at times. Fits great too!

Now dropped outside the Top10

11) JH Audio Layla AION (I Would love to hear this with a balanced cable upgrade) Im considering this option right now but its a very costly upgrade for sure and I might be better off putting the funds to my future end game purchase instead.Edit Now sold. Decided the cable would be too risky/costly investment.

12) Kinera Nanna (Really enjoyed the sound of this IEM but I did struggle with fit so it had to go)

13) KBEAR Believe (Another price to performance contender) needs a lot of power to shine but rewards you when provide it.

IEM's that didn't make the Top 10 (Regrets, Ive had a few, but then again, too few to mention)

Orivetti OH500
Westone W80
Mangird Tea

Things I would like to try if opportunity presents itself somehow.

Any new VE flagship release. I love their house sound
Phoenix LE
Fir Audio Radon
Fir Audio XE6
Jewel
Dita perpetua

Apr 29, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #4,813 of 5,197
New updated April 2023 version - Last updated July 2021

My experience is fairly limited with IEM's although I am gaining more experience as time goes by.

My Top 10 is based on IEM's that I own or have owned, obviously I am unable to comment on something I have not heard.

Disclaimer. I can sometimes struggle with fit in my right ear. Everything I have ever tried fits my left ear.
Damn why was I born with a defective right ear canal?

1) VE Phoenix (Bonus, another one from VE that fits like a glove for me) Purchased this after hearing it on the UK tour. Dethroned my Erl LE after A/B for several days. IMHO a similar sounding, slightly more practical version of the Erl LE on number 2 setting (my favourite setting) The bonus was that it was even comfier due to the reduction in weight. This was my bowing out of the hobby purchase. My one TOTL all rounder if you like.

2) VE Erl LE (Bonus, yep you guessed it. Fits like a glove for me) This was meant to be my end game and in many ways it was. Absolutely loved how it sounded. Absolutely stunning look at. beautiful! It also had the presentation box and accessories to match. Simply the best box opening experience I have ever had.(take note Oriolus!)The full package you might say. Unfortunately this was also part of the issue for me. Bear with me here while I try to explain myself here. I was always really anxious using it. Afraid to drop it, dent it or mark it up. I'd seen other examples advertised in the classifieds with dents resulting from dropping. In my mind severely impacting it's potential resale value. After all these things aint cheap! The supplied cable did have a tendency to work itself loose from time to time. Hence my anxiety. This would have been my Ducati 916 displayed on the wall had I unlimited resources.

3) Oriolus Trailii JP (My latest additional) purchased purely because Ive always been curious about this IEM given its high praise by the community. Im spending more time these days tinkering with my 2 channel set up but wanted to try it before temporarily leaving the hobby. I will say it now this could easily be at the very top of my list. Numero uno, albeit for one potential dealbreaker. The only thing stopping it, is it is slightly problematic on the fit side for me. Damn my right ear canal, because when everything is in place and sealed its absolutely sublime sounding to me. I know this issue will eventually start to detract from my enjoyment of the Bird so hence the relegation to 3rd place.

4) VE8 Anniversary edition (Bonus, the best fitting IEM I have ever experienced to date) fits first time, every time. Plug n play, no adjustments needed for phenomenal sound. Awesome! Kind of my Goldilocks IEM atm.

5) Sony IER Z1R (Probably the worst fitting IEM I have ever experienced) If they ever did a mark 11 in a smaller form factor I would be all over this in a heart beat! Still can't deny the great SQ. Bass and treble especially good IMHO

6) Audeze LCDi4 (not sure if this qualifies as an IEM. Loved the sound with EQ, hated the ear hooks. Kept on breaking and costly to replace. Replaced with LCD 4Z

7) 64 Audio Nio (M20 was my module of choice) Played awesome with my library. Good all rounder with nice hybrid tuning. Probably had the worst stock cable I have ever encountered. Sounded noticeably better with the Eletech Socrates 4.4 cable. Tips often left in my ear with this IEM for some reason.

8) 64 Audio U12T (M20 was my module of choice) Superbly balanced tuning. Didn't really do anything wrong but also didn't give me many real wow moments. I appreciated it's tuning but ultimately it was a bit on the safe side for me.

9) Oriolus Isabellae. Just edged out of a top 5 spot for me which given it's price is quite an achievement. With it's easy listening, natural, coherent tuning I can see this appealing to a broad spectrum of listeners.

10) Mest Mk11 (Sounded amazing sometimes. Was it the Bone conduction driver?)Too tip/fit depending for sound for me to keep long term. Would have placed higher if more consistent. When it was good it was really good!

11) Empire Ears Phantom (A little bit big for my ears struggled with obtaining a proper seal and would often leave tips in my right ear) first hour or so of listening was great until the seal was broken.

11) ISN H40 Mesh Mod (My price to performance King) nothing to dislike here if you enjoy a Bassy, full, musical sounding IEM with decent details and a fatigue free listening experience. It does remind me of the Sony IER Z1R at times. Fits great too!

Now dropped outside the Top10

11) JH Audio Layla AION (I Would love to hear this with a balanced cable upgrade) Im considering this option right now but its a very costly upgrade for sure and I might be better off putting the funds to my future end game purchase instead.Edit Now sold. Decided the cable would be too risky/costly investment.

12) Kinera Nanna (Really enjoyed the sound of this IEM but I did struggle with fit so it had to go)

13) KBEAR Believe (Another price to performance contender) needs a lot of power to shine but rewards you when provide it.

IEM's that didn't make the Top 10 (Regrets, Ive had a few, but then again, too few to mention)

Orivetti OH500
Westone W80
Mangird Tea

Things I would like to try if opportunity presents itself somehow.

Phoenix LE
Fir Audio Radon
Fir Audio XE6
Jewel
Dita perpetua
There was a VE uk tour?

Apr 29, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #4,815 of 5,197

You'll be in for a treat soon. They had a prototype at CanJam NYC that stole the show for me. Hopefully it will materialize over the summer sometime. Surprised not to see the EXT in your list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back