Rank the IEM's you've heard
Nov 7, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #2,206 of 5,135
Hi,

I'm happy owner of Lime Ears Aether with no R, but I still lack some sub-bass. Does the model with the letter R have more bass and how does it compare with Custom Art Fibae 7 or possibly Fibae 6? I listen mainly to genres such as rap or electronic music, blues or r & b.

Nov 8, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #2,207 of 5,135
After the ie80s this week i recieved the ikko OH1 today.

They are easly the best i have ever heared. Never thought that chi-fi would be the best match for me.

They combine the best of my senheisser hd599 and Philips fidelio X2 in a way better in ear form factor.

Nov 9, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #2,209 of 5,135
Quote by cr3ativ3" They are not bad ! Maybe you like them . They have a screw to adjust bass quantity:) it was my first “better” pair of iems .. years ago :D"

Well the ie80s are that muddy and boring. Got the ikko oh1 and they made me not wanting to use the ie80s ever since!!!!!

Nov 10, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #2,210 of 5,135
Quote by cr3ativ3" They are not bad ! Maybe you like them . They have a screw to adjust bass quantity:) it was my first “better” pair of iems .. years ago :D"

Well the ie80s are that muddy and boring. Got the ikko oh1 and they made me not wanting to use the ie80s ever since!!!!!
ive heard ie80s but it was like 3 years ago. Cant really recall but i remember that it was a warm sound signature due to its bass.

Nov 10, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #2,211 of 5,135

First .. I was not talking about the S version
And I listen to them a few years ago last time , I remember that they become muddy when you turn the bass screw to max
And no daubt about it , that today’s offerings are better :wink:

Nov 10, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #2,212 of 5,135
I used the oh1's for two days straight without taking Them out all day switched yesterday for the last hour to the ie80's. The first 2 songs sounded muddy (Phantom of the opera by Floor Jansen And Henk Poort) but after some Brain burn in the song Dancing on my own by Calum Scott sounded great again on the ie80s

Nov 12, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #2,213 of 5,135
So I've updated the ranking list somewhat, and reconsidered the ranking of some of the IEMs - mainly punished generic tuning and added the Andromeda S, the ItsFit Lab Fusion and a few others.

I've also removed the Jomo Trinity as I believe I need to do some additional listening and testing as there was a clear issue when I heard it last time - to be determined what that issue was :)

Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 13.01.53.png

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #2,214 of 5,135
1) *QDC Anole VX --> Clear, resolving, balanced, impactful, detailed, well executed bass, stage deep AF...ticks all my boxes.
2) *Campfire Solaris --> Very close to #1, with better bass texture, but lacks just a touch of impact for my tastes.
3) EE Legend X --> Excellent detail and bass texture but not qualified as an "all rounder" like the top 2.
4)* Sony IER Z1R --> Excellent treble and bass texture/extension, but lacks midbass impact has coherence issues.
5) *Campfire Atlas --> Excellent bass impact, very clear and isolated, but a slight step below the above, not really an "all rounder"
6) Campfire Andro Gold --> In some ways like a VX with the bass switch on but not as clear and detailed, bass a bit congested.
7) 64 Audio U12t--> Very similar to Andromeda AG
8) Campfire Andromeda--> Excellent just not my thing, needs bass and more mids
9) Empire Ears Phantom--> Well executed but...dull.
10) 64 Audio Tia Trio--> Same as above...I found it boring.
11) Noble Kahn--> All mids...where is the bass and treble. Great for some but not for me.
12) Moondrop Kanas Pro

I got to hear the Sure KSE briefly last week...it was very clear and detailed but I didn't get to hear it for long and I didn't have enough time to get a proper fit to get the best out of it so I will defer ranking it for now (though on the surface it sounds very similar to the VX and will likely be ranked in that echelon once I get more time with it).

*These are IEMs I've owned and demoed extensively for days/weeks on end and am much more confident in my impressions of them than of the others where my demo time was much more limited, often less than an hour.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #2,215 of 5,135
1) *QDC Anole VX --> Clear, resolving, balanced, impactful, detailed, well executed bass, stage deep AF...ticks all my boxes.
2) *Campfire Solaris --> Very close to #1, with better bass texture, but lacks just a touch of impact for my tastes.
3) EE Legend X --> Excellent detail and bass texture but not qualified as an "all rounder" like the top 2.
4)* Sony IER Z1R --> Excellent treble and bass texture/extension, but lacks midbass impact has coherence issues.
5) *Campfire Atlas --> Excellent bass impact, very clear and isolated, but a slight step below the above, not really an "all rounder"
6) Campfire Andro Gold --> In some ways like a VX with the bass switch on but not as clear and detailed, bass a bit congested.
7) 64 Audio U12t--> Very similar to Andromeda AG
8) Campfire Andromeda--> Excellent just not my thing, needs bass and more mids
9) Empire Ears Phantom--> Well executed but...dull.
10) 64 Audio Tia Trio--> Same as above...I found it boring.
11) Noble Kahn--> All mids...where is the bass and treble. Great for some but not for me.
12) Moondrop Kanas Pro

I got to hear the Sure KSE briefly last week...it was very clear and detailed but I didn't get to hear it for long and I didn't have enough time to get a proper fit to get the best out of it so I will defer ranking it for now (though on the surface it sounds very similar to the VX and will likely be ranked in that echelon once I get more time with it).

*These are IEMs I've owned and demoed extensively for days/weeks on end and am much more confident in my impressions of them than of the others where my demo time was much more limited, often less than an hour.
The Khan lacking treble? Wut?

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #2,216 of 5,135
The Khan lacking treble? Wut?

Relative to the midrange. When I demoed it I heard the midrange elevated above the top and bottom end.

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #2,217 of 5,135
Relative to the midrange. When I demoed it I heard the midrange elevated above the top and bottom end.
That’s definitely the Katana, but of all the IEMs I’ve tried I think the Khan has the most forward treble out there... definitely top 3 either way

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #2,218 of 5,135
That’s definitely the Katana, but of all the IEMs I’ve tried I think the Khan has the most forward treble out there... definitely top 3 either way

It was a short demo and I could have been reacting to the lack of bass more than anything. Either way it's not my ideal signature.

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #2,219 of 5,135
It was a short demo and I could have been reacting to the lack of bass more than anything. Either way it's not my ideal signature.
Fair nuff ^^

I think we have almost perfectly opposite preferences haha, I hear strong bass or anything remotely close to a V and I’ve lost interest :p

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #2,220 of 5,135
Fair nuff ^^

I think we have almost perfectly opposite preferences haha, I hear strong bass or anything remotely close to a V and I’ve lost interest :p

I think you may prefer a more forward midrange and I prefer balance-- my two top IEMs, the Solaris and VX, earn their respective positions largely due to their balanced presentation. The Z1R and LX lose points from me largely due to their V shaped signatures. That said the LX's place in your top tier confuses me given what you just said. The bass is wonderful but it's definitely elevated over the mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back