1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rank the IEM's you've heard

First

Back
136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145
147 148 149 150 151 152
Next

Last
  1. twiceboss
    I pair M9 with neutral source as of now im leaning toward ipod touch 7th. Ive had it with n6ii but im still favoring M9 with ipod touch 7th for its clean and neutral and also it brings up the vocals better. I do sometimes raised a couple dBs on 2khz region to increase the pinna gain. But that's it. Easy with clean source as of ipod touch 7th is fast and thin.

VX is excellent. It could do anything you throw at it. However, something is missing. It could be the boosted bass. Or the lack of warmth in vocals. Or the dipped at the highs. With that combo, it sounds emotion-less to me. Artificial. Ive tried multiple tips with VX. Azla, Symbio W, spiral dot, etc. The best i could get is symbio W with the foam. It tames the bass a lil bit the overall signature is still artificial to me unfortunately.

2. cr3ativ3
    i think i have to demo them now :D :p your fault :p :p :p :p :p

mvvRAZ likes this.
  3. Extrasensory
    lol really?

I have managed to see a graph comparison between Z1R and M9 before and the difference is just in the treble range which surely the Z1R are brighter. The Z1R also has better stage width.

4. twiceboss
    true, from reading. Z1R is not an upgrade for M9 at all. Different tuning for different people!

5. twiceboss
    graph will not show everything. It is only graph. U need to consider z1r is a hybrid with DD bass and tweeter. Both act differently if u compare to fully BA setup of M9. The crossover works differently. Again, if u bring Kse1200 graph, it will be weird to see. It doesnt sound like what it graphed. Weird but that's what graph shows to you. A 1/4 or 1/8 of what iem is.

6. mvvRAZ
    The Z1R has a pronounced V shape though. The M9 is much more mid centric

twiceboss likes this.
  7. twiceboss
    exactly, M9 is more mid centric and z1r is for fun V shape. Fun V shape is not fun for me.

8. Extrasensory
    lol okay

Actually, I am not looking for an upgrade to M9 because I know they are one of the very best already. Will figure out by my own ears later for what suits me best.

These are so far some of the sources that I have liked with the M9:
    - Cayin N6ii (4.4 balanced with A01 motherboard)
    - Acoustic Research M200 (Single ended 3.5 only; I hated its 4.4 balanced output)
    - BGVP T01 Type-C dongle

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  9. twiceboss
    just a quick info for you. 3.5 on n6ii is better than its 4.4 if u want better separation, wider stage, more livelier sound. 4.4 is deeper but really WARM. I cannot stress enough. It is really warm. If u pair with ier M9, it is even warmer.

10. Extrasensory
    I didn't test 3.5 on N6ii as 4.4 made me feel like I am in the heaven. Sure I knew it was warm. I love that kind of sound anyway.

11. twiceboss
    Most of n6ii user forgot to test the 3.5mm. I tried n6ii 4.4 at first too, not impressed enough but it was okay. Switch to 3.5, yes that's better.

12. PointyFox
    I did my comparing on a RME ADI-2 DAC FS. I thought the Z1R had bigger soundstage at first, but I realized I wasn't pushing the tips into my ears far enough. Then it was similar to the M9. The treble extension is about the same for both. It just sounds like the Z1R goes higher because the treble is louder compared to the midrange and upper bass (more v shaped).

twiceboss likes this.
  13. twiceboss
    Will try my M9 with desktop rig soon whenever im back to my home country since i shipped them months ago. Together with my hd800. Good thing about M9, it is not that sensitive and it doesnt bother to hiss on anything. Meanwhile andro hisses almost on everything except clean phone output.

14. cr3ativ3
    Andro is dead quiet on plenue L :p :p

15. twiceboss
    try with your fiio Q5s and Dx120 :p haha

cr3ativ3 likes this.
First

Back
136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145
147 148 149 150 151 152
Next

Last