Rank the IEM's you've heard
Jul 28, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #1,591 of 5,141
@Carlsan lol, the anti neutral!! Appropriately I should call the katana the anti-basshead. Lol

I definitely appreciate iems like the katana, Andros, and Zeus. They are all great iems. Not really sure why I purchased the Zeus, I guess to broaden my horizons, but it didn't really work. I don't listen to them very often. Sometimes in bed at night, instead of head pounding bass before bed, a neutral iem can help relax me some.

@Kenneth Galang are you serious about the airpods? Not judging, as I've never heard them. Not that price means everything but you do have them ranked higher than some expensive flagships.

Jul 28, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #1,592 of 5,141
@Carlsan lol, the anti neutral!! Appropriately I should call the katana the anti-basshead. Lol

I definitely appreciate iems like the katana, Andros, and Zeus. They are all great iems. Not really sure why I purchased the Zeus, I guess to broaden my horizons, but it didn't really work. I don't listen to them very often. Sometimes in bed at night, instead of head pounding bass before bed, a neutral iem can help relax me some.

@Kenneth Galang are you serious about the airpods? Not judging, as I've never heard them. Not that price means everything but you do have them ranked hither than some expensive flagships.
it's a joke dw :wink: LX's are my babies

Jul 28, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #1,594 of 5,141
This is IEMs I own currently (bolded) or I've owned recently (last two years) and factors in price. I haven't yet heard +1000 dollar IEMs that are enough better than some good <500 dollar IEMs to make me want to keep them.

Massdrop Plus - super well balanced (with right OI and tips), comfortable and good isolation. My travel IEMs. Modest SS.
JVC FD01 modded - Great detail, dynamics and extension. Mod takes out lower treble peak.
Andromeda - Great treble, SS and separation. A little light/thin in the lower mids, maybe to enhance separation.
AAW W900 - Great bass, treble extension and SS. Weird timbre and treble/upper mids.
JVC FW01 - Great timbre and SS. Bloated bass.
FIBASS - Incredible mids. Poor extension.
Periodic BE - Excellent bass, decent elsewhere. Build quality may be iffy.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #1,597 of 5,141
1/ Audeze Lcdi4
2/ 64 audio U18
3/ Fitear 335 Universal (a demo version of the MH 335)
4/Fitear Togo 334
5/ 64audio tia Fourté
6/ Vision ears VE8
7/ jomo audio Flamenco
8/ Empire ears Zeus XRA
9/ Shure SE 846
10/ Earsonics SEM9

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #1,599 of 5,141
I listened to lots of above 300€ IEMS, but here are my Top 5 currently.

1. Inear Prophile 8
2. Oriolus MK2
3. Campfire Andromeda
4. Earsonics ES5
5. AKT8ie / Fiio FH5
Can you please give a comparison between the PP8 and Andromeda? From the impressions I've come across, the Andromeda has better treble and soundstage while the PP8 has less bass in terms of quantity but better controlled bass in terms of texture and quality.

Jul 28, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #1,602 of 5,141
Pretty much that. PP8 has only smaller soundstage, but way better imaging and better 3 dimensionality. Depends on what you prefee, so more a toss up. I also find mids details bettee while andro treble is one of a kind.
Have you compared the inear PP8 and the jomo Samba?

Jul 28, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #1,605 of 5,141
1) Erlkonig - If this was designed to be an end game iem it certainly succeeded, 4 different tunings to cover every genre, excellent technicality and musicality. Wrap that up with a beautifully designed shell and you have the whole package.
2) Tia Fourté - Hot treble, picky on source, eartips, cable...but with the right combination, it rivals even headphones.
3) KSE1200 - replacing kse1500, still the leading authority on resolution and transparency despite the years. The perfect iem if you dont mind an uncoloured sound.
4) Hyla Nerva X- Wonderfully balanced, linear midrange with a natural timbre and tonality. Resolution might not be the best but the coherency is sublime.
5) Aroma W12- Excellent technical performer with no obvious faults, one of the few iems in the market that can give an emotional presentation of music.
6) UM mentor V3- Exciting, dynamic, high resolution, presents music details in spades. Might be too much for some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back