Rank the IEM's you've heard
Apr 21, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #1,111 of 5,136
  My frightfully expensive 2 cents worth

sm64>asg2>se846>ie800>w3=umpro50=w4=sm3>ie8>gro7 bass>audiofly>sound magik pl50=brainwavz b2>ue5>cx300>bose in ear

looking at a pair of asg2.5 next
or s em9 what ever comes first

sm64
asg 2
ie800-se846 * Ie800 would be far and away at the top if only they where shaped like a shure/westone
w3-w4
ie8
umpro 50 (technically better than the whole list , just not engaging for some reason)
gro 7

I have traded my umpro 50 for some in ear stage diver 4 ! has any one tried?

Apr 25, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #1,112 of 5,136
i have heard before UM legacy, Westone W80, W60, shure SE535, SE846, KSE1500, AKG k3003i, JH layla and Layla 2. 
tested before 64 Tia Fourte and JH lola.

personal ranking.
Tia Fourte <= KSE1500
Layla 2
JH lola
Layla
UM legacy
Westone W80
SE846
AKG k3003i
SE535
W60.

Apr 25, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #1,116 of 5,136
iSine 10(class of its own) 

Top tier:
Shure SE 846 ( auditioned)
Sennheiser IE 800 ( auditioned)

Mid tier:
Dunu Titan 3
Fidue A83 
Dunu Titan 1
Fidue A73

Bottom tier :
Soundmagic E80
Soundmagic  pl30

Sold everything and kept the iSines since I found them miles better than all the other iems.

Apr 25, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #1,117 of 5,136
i have heard before UM legacy, Westone W80, W60, shure SE535, SE846, KSE1500, AKG k3003i, JH layla and Layla 2. 
tested before 64 Tia Fourte and JH lola.

personal ranking.
Tia Fourte <= KSE1500
Layla 2
JH lola
Layla
UM legacy
Westone W80
SE846
AKG k3003i
SE535
W60.
how does the lola differ from se846? Bass mids and treble?

May 14, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #1,118 of 5,136
Ahh, I see. Have you heard the original Sine? If so, how does the iSine compare to it? Everyone keeps saying the iSine sounds like a set of cans but no one is comparing it to its closest relative. It would be interesting to see how they match up. I liked the Sine quite a bit.

I recently got the Kaiser Encore (U) myself and I can't find anything wrong the sound. It is definitely my new reference. The Katana is right up there with it.

I'll try and be as brief as possible. I wanted a simple pair of high quality in ear headphones. Price didn't really matter. Also, customs weren't required as my ears were very adaptable to the myriad of silicone ends readily available without discomfort. So off to head-fi I went. After much due diligence I got in touch with Brannan from Noble Audio. That was 11 months ago. Since that time I've been a very happy camper rocking my Kaiser K10U. To make them sound better with my iPhone as well as an LG5 phone, the iPhone received a Dragonfly red, and then the both shared the Mojo. Bliss overcame my life in the audio realm.

And then, in audio lingo - Schitt happened. No, not the DAC/amp type, but rather ordering on a whim the iSine 20s. After 38 years in the audio business I finally had to say What out loud. Kids be damned. Heck let my grandkids be damned. These things made the in ears sound like I was listening to cramped closed non spatial music that only a white earbud iPhone user would like. How in the world could a Cipher cable from an iPhone/ipad turn these Star War thingies into in ear headphones. Notice that I stated headphones. Regardless of how many times I go back and forth between the K10's and the iSine20's there is no comparison. Only my 700's, non S, compare.

When I'm not mobile I use a very nice amp imo, the Neo 230HAD made by Simaudio in Quebec, Canada. Very smooth, plenty of power - yet quite punchy when required. I have my mini adapter permanently inserted for an incredible listening adventure for use with the iSine's. For now my only problem is that I cannot continue to plug and unplug to change cables from Cipher to regular to listen on my Neo. Knowing that I listen to them half of the time on my portable Apple devices and the rest of the time I'm at quite the juncture of indecision. The upgrade to this unit is to come out in November according to my sources, and will likely retail for $3500 and have a sound signature like Audeze's top of the line over ear. Do I purchase another iSine 20? Heck I plan on selling my Kaisers, my 700's and all of my other headphones.

Don't let the price or looks fool you. These in ear headphones are the real deal. Go two days listening to the iSine 20's and nothing but. Then listen to any Noble, Andromeda, Harvey's etc. You will be shocked and amazed.

Your ears don't lie.

I hope that this has been of some help. All the best!

May 15, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #1,122 of 5,136
is the isine that good, I am so interested in it. wonder if i should go with isine 20 or isine10.

May 15, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #1,123 of 5,136
is the isine that good, I am so interested in it. wonder if i should go with isine 20 or isine10.
Ill go demo them today. I bet they will suck.

May 15, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #1,124 of 5,136
May 15, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #1,125 of 5,136
Dont know why they wouldnt bring out a closed version
Apples and oranges. I enjoy pushing a button and quickly having a conversation with someone without having to yank the cables out of my Kaiser K10U's. Moreover the open version allows for the airiness, the "open" sound signature which distinguishes the iSine 20's from other IEMs. As for the prior comment regarding brightness, these ears detect the opposite. Using any noble model, or JH or Andromeda - they all sound bright when compared to the iSine 20s. All headphones require time to rewire the brain to a new sound. What Audeze has done here is amazing. In a few years I believe we will look back at this period as the beginning of a shift in how we listen to in ear music. The major players in the industry I believe are afraid, and rightly so and want these types of headphones to just go away. Keep buying the old school 8 to 12 drivers per side, make it a numbers game. Flashy molds, beautiful woods, carbon fibre. Drug the masses into thinking they hear greatness.

Or get a relatively inexpensive iSine 20 and watch what happens in the near future. Everyone has different tastes thankfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back