Rank the IEM's you've heard
May 15, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #1,126 of 5,136
1) 64 Audio U12 ADEL - Everything I want in an IEM - Punch bass with great extension, forward mids with fluid vocals. No treble harshness at all. I wish they were slightly more resolving though. Sound signature can be customized using modules.

2) Unique Melody Mason - Some treble peaks but beside from that very neutral and no complaints.

3) Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Best mids ever in an IEM. Vocals are so resolving and clear. Mid-expert IEM.

4) CA Vega - Best bass in an high end IEM.

5) CA Andromeda - I stand corrected, should have listened to it more before writing a mini impressions post.

6) Earsonics Velvet - Fast punchy bass.

7) Custom Art Ei.XX - Very good sound for its price.

8) JVC HA-FX 850 - IEM with an extremely natural timbre. However, these can't compete at TOTL level. I am still looking for an upgrade to these.

9) JH Rosie - Slightly more sibilant than usual.

10) Sony XBA 3 - Okay.

Time for an Update
1) 64 Audio tia fourte - Perfection. Nothing wrong with this IEM. Nothing. Absolute musicality. It's better than many full sized cans I have heard including the $50K Shangri La which was seriously underwhelming.

2) Empire Ears Zeus XRA - The king of technicalities. No other IEM I have heard does technicalities better than this IEM. However, this wasn't my signature preference, even then I was so impressed by these.

3) 64 Audio A18 Tzar - Very neutral and great imaging. I liked it but still not my preferred sound signature.

4) 64 Audio A12 - After hearing the fourte, this IEM is lacking in many areas.

5) CA Vega - Best bass in an high end IEM.

6) Unique Melody Mason - Some treble peaks but beside from that very neutral and no complaints.

7) Lime Ears Aether - Good IEM with fantastic Treble and vertical soundstage and separation.

8) Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Great mids ever in an IEM. Vocals are so resolving and clear. Mid-expert IEM.

9) CA Andro - Lacks sub-bass but great Treble.

10) Dita Truth Answer Edition - Not bad at all though my time with it was very limited.

11) Earsonics Velvet - Fast punchy bass.

12) JVC HA-FX 850 - IEM with great timbre. However, these can't compete at TOTL level. I am still looking for an upgrade to these.

13) JH Rosie - Slightly more sibilant than usual.

14) Sony XBA 3 - Okay.

May 16, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #1,127 of 5,136
Time for an Update
1) 64 Audio tia fourte - Perfection. Nothing wrong with this IEM. Nothing. Absolute musicality. It's better than many full sized cans I have heard including the $50K Shangri La which was seriously underwhelming.

2) Empire Ears Zeus XRA - The king of technicalities. No other IEM I have heard does technicalities better than this IEM. However, this wasn't my signature preference, even then I was so impressed by these.

3) 64 Audio A18 Tzar - Very neutral and great imaging. I liked it but still not my preferred sound signature.

What are the main differences between the Fourte and the A18? Is it "musicality" versus "neutrality", "fun" versus "accuracy"? Do you prefer bass boosted IEMs over more neutral IEMs? And in which technicalities does the Zeus better the A18? Thanks!

May 16, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #1,128 of 5,136
What are the main differences between the Fourte and the A18? Is it "musicality" versus "neutrality", "fun" versus "accuracy"? Do you prefer bass boosted IEMs over more neutral IEMs? And in which technicalities does the Zeus better the A18? Thanks!
Fourte is musical. A18 is dead neutral. No shred of humanity in A18. That's what I felt. I didn't listen to A18 for that long, fourte took all my time :p
I prefer neutral IEMs with well textured bass that extends very deep. Also somewhat dark Treble(yet on the neutral side) that is devoid of any sibilance and one that extends very well.

Zeus imaging is so pinpoint accurare, I was thinking that if someone is a control freak, this is the perfect IEM for them. You know exactly where the sound is coming from. We are talking Focal Utopia level of imaging although Zeus does not have the same signature as that. Zeus has a clearer Treble and mind blowing separation.

May 16, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #1,129 of 5,136
Campfire Vega
Ety ER6i

That is all I have. Had the Etys for years for airplane travel. Lately started reading about Vegas and also got into portable HiRez and bought a Sony A17.
Oppo HA-2 SE and PM-3 coming Friday.

May 20, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #1,131 of 5,136
It's better than many full sized cans I have heard including the $50K Shangri La which was seriously underwhelming.

Who care about Shangri La, it is completaly nonsense project as Orepheus 2.
But HE1000 is really great headphone and for price is clearly better deal against Tia Forte, it is joke offer iem for this price, gold Andromeda against it.

May 20, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #1,132 of 5,136
Who care about Shangri La, it is completaly nonsense project as Orepheus 2.
But HE1000 is really great headphone and for price is clearly better deal against Tia Forte, it is joke offer iem for this price, gold Andromeda against it.
Andromeda can't touch the tia fourte in Sound Quality. The difference between them is just too large.

May 20, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #1,133 of 5,136
Andromeda can't touch the tia fourte in Sound Quality. The difference between them is just too large.
Also the price.

May 20, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #1,135 of 5,136
For my the only I've ever heard or owned:

CA Vega
Sony XBA-1 (only BA IEM that I've ever heard)
Shure SE 215
Creative EP-630
Apple Earpods
Samsung S8 AKG branded IEM

May 22, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #1,137 of 5,136
1. FLC 8S - alpha and omega, red-gray-gold
3. Havi B3Pro I - you must have powerful source to drive them, but if you do, they play amazing
2. Sony XBA-H1 - middle class, not bad, but also nothing special

May 22, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #1,138 of 5,136
Time for an Update

4) 64 Audio A12 - After hearing the fourte, this IEM is lacking in many areas.

5) CA Vega - Best bass in an high end IEM.

6) Unique Melody Mason - Some treble peaks but beside from that very neutral and no complaints.

7) Lime Ears Aether - Good IEM with fantastic Treble and vertical soundstage and separation.

8) Custom Art Harmony 8.2 - Great mids ever in an IEM. Vocals are so resolving and clear. Mid-expert IEM.

9) CA Andro - Lacks sub-bass but great Treble.

10) Dita Truth Answer Edition - Not bad at all though my time with it was very limited.

11) Earsonics Velvet - Fast punchy bass.

12) JVC HA-FX 850 - IEM with great timbre. However, these can't compete at TOTL level. I am still looking for an upgrade to these.

13) JH Rosie - Slightly more sibilant than usual.

14) Sony XBA 3 - Okay.

so in the end which is ur favorite or is the search still on going

May 22, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #1,139 of 5,136
so in the end which is ur favorite or is the search still on going
tia fourte is perfection. The only thing is it has no custom version. Even then if I had the funds, I'd probably get it.

May 22, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #1,140 of 5,136
tia fourte is perfection. The only thing is it has no custom version. Even then if I had the funds, I'd probably get it.
do u own it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back