Rank the IEM's you've heard
Jul 15, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #3,346 of 5,197
+1 foam tips are the best for Dorado 2020.

Jul 15, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #3,347 of 5,197
+1 foam tips are the best for Dorado 2020.

What do see as the advantage? I've never been able to get a seal with any foam tips so I've never really tried them with my more recent IEMs. My favorite tips for the Dorado so far are Spiral Dots ++.

Jul 16, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #3,349 of 5,197
These days I have many doubts and I am more indecisive than at the beginning. My main fear is a step back from the 64 Audio Trio 'to the Sennheiser ie900.
I am afraid to regret selling the trio because I liked it so much and it was already complementary to the Legend X. Making the leap to the Odin (in that high price range they are the ones that inspire me the most) is a risk not to have already tried them ...
🙄

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #3,350 of 5,197
My main fear is a step back from the 64 Audio Trio 'to the Sennheiser ie900.
I'm not sure in what way and why do you expect IE900 to be better than Trio :)
I'd pick it over any 64 audio universals myself, but fit is a big big part of it. Worth trying though, if you buy it from a place that allows returns without loosing any money.

Jul 16, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #3,351 of 5,197
I'm not sure in what way and why do you expect IE900 to be better than Trio :)
I'd pick it over any 64 audio universals myself, but fit is a big big part of it. Worth trying though, if you buy it from a place that allows returns without loosing any money.
Thanks 👍

Jul 16, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #3,352 of 5,197
These days I have many doubts and I am more indecisive than at the beginning. My main fear is a step back from the 64 Audio Trio 'to the Sennheiser ie900.
I am afraid to regret selling the trio because I liked it so much and it was already complementary to the Legend X. Making the leap to the Odin (in that high price range they are the ones that inspire me the most) is a risk not to have already tried them ...
🙄
I would 100% get the Odin without hearing them first and not look back

Jul 16, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #3,353 of 5,197
I would 100% get the Odin without hearing them first and not look back
I think Odin is a sure upgrade to the 64 Audio Tia Trio, even without listening to it first. I would have found one on the market here as well, but I want to think about it a little longer given the large financial investment.

Jul 16, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #3,355 of 5,197
I think Odin is a sure upgrade to the 64 Audio Tia Trio, even without listening to it first. I would have found one on the market here as well, but I want to think about it a little longer given the large financial investment.

if you can spend 3K on Odin , then you can sure take a small hit on resell , buy it in Uni and if you don't like it sell it here , lose 100-200 euros ? at least you will have tried Odin

Never understood the stress if you're gonna buy something 2nd hand and in a lower price than the one sold new

cheers

Jul 16, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #3,356 of 5,197
Some say UM MEST MKI and MKII smoke Odin via Sound sig and price. What say you?
I don't know, I've never listened to Mest 1 / 2. Surely in my audiophile experience I will want to hear them.

Jul 16, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #3,357 of 5,197
if you can spend 3K on Odin , then you can sure take a small hit on resell , buy it in Uni and if you don't like it sell it here , lose 100-200 euros ? at least you will have tried Odin

Never understood the stress if you're gonna buy something 2nd hand and in a lower price than the one sold new

cheers
Yeah, if you're not sure you're going to like it, buy used and the resale loss is limited, if it's fairly popular. With Odin I made the mistake of buying it new, and I lost quite a bit on resale. In general I buy used, but there was limited supply at the time, and I was eager to try it..🤷‍♂️

Jul 16, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #3,358 of 5,197

cheers
Yes, basically you are right ... on some ear top headphones I still want to evaluate well before investing money

Jul 16, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #3,359 of 5,197
Yeah, if you're not sure you're going to like it, buy used and the resale loss is limited, if it's fairly popular. With Odin I made the mistake of buying it new, and I lost quite a bit on resale. In general I buy used, but there was limited supply at the time, and I was eager to try it..🤷‍♂️
I agree.My experience I got on over ear headphones.I learned to buy used to always lose as little as possible on possible resale ...👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back