Rank the IEM's you've heard
Jul 15, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #3,316 of 5,140
One question: what could be an iem totl that could replace the 64 Audio Tia Trio sold and that would complement the Legend X that I keep? I miss to try the mest, the Sony, the Vision ears,EE Odin,64 Audio U18s etc... but having never tried them I would not know if they scale compared to the 64 audio thia trio '. Thank you very much.
Sennheiser IE 900.

Other than the bass, is there anything else that the LX does much better than the Trio? The LX (and Odin) is on my short list of IEMs I want to check out due to the monster bass.
I find LX better than Trio across the board. Better bass (though Trio is excellent too), much better/fuller/more organic vocals, especially female vocals, more relaxed/less zingy treble (if you enjoy sharp treble you might prefer Trio here). Technicalties are at least on par between the two.

Jul 15, 2021 at 3:57 AM Post #3,317 of 5,140
I’ve heard a lot of good things about the M8, but I have no need for it because I don’t have any audio files, I stream the hi-res Apple Music. My portables are BRT5, hip-DAC, and Mojo; desktop are L30/E30 and A50s/D50s
I own the M8 and mainly use Tidal. Will start using Apple Music once the official release of Apple Lossless is on Android (not the beta version). I haven't heard the Mojo in a few years, but I do also own the BTR5, DX300, and RME and find that I enjoy music on M8 over all of them on each IEM I have tried on them.

Overall I prefer the mest as it is also more coherent.
Oh interesting, one of the reasons why I don't like the MEST Mk1 and Mk2 is due to it being incoherent compared to other IEMs like the IER-Z1R, U12t, Legend X, etc

Jul 15, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #3,318 of 5,140
Sennheiser IE 900.

I find LX better than Trio across the board. Better bass (though Trio is excellent too), much better/fuller/more organic vocals, especially female vocals, more relaxed/less zingy treble (if you enjoy sharp treble you might prefer Trio here). Technicalties are at least on par between the two.
I have always found the treble of the Trio 'very detailed but never tiring. I have always listened to everything with great satisfaction even metal music. I have always been satisfied to have both together, I find them different and complementary. For example Tia trio with jazz was supreme. I hope I can find a superior in ear to the Trio. 'Thanks for the advice from Sennheiser ...

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #3,319 of 5,140
Oh interesting, one of the reasons why I don't like the MEST Mk1 and Mk2 is due to it being incoherent compared to other IEMs like the IER-Z1R, U12t, Legend X, etc
I have a different oppinion on that. The transition from mids to highs is good, but the DD lows to the BA mids is quite noticable for me. Does not sound alike. I don't have that issue at all with the mest, even it is a tribrid design.

Jul 15, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #3,320 of 5,140
I would have found a shop in Turin Italy having to be able to collect the Sennheiser ie900 for 1150 euros. Is it worth it?

Jul 15, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #3,322 of 5,140
I'm looking for a "do-it-all" headset that can also be used for walking outside. I don't care that it's extreme as technicalities but that it still sounds dynamic and detailed. It would be to be used in parallel to the Legend X. The reviews read sounds like the one I'm looking for.It would be compared first to my your trio ... who knows how they sound compared

Jul 15, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #3,323 of 5,140
I'm looking for a "do-it-all" headset that can also be used for walking outside. I don't care that it's extreme as technicalities but that it still sounds dynamic and detailed. It would be to be used in parallel to the Legend X. The reviews read sounds like the one I'm looking for.It would be compared first to my your trio ... who knows how they sound compared
That's exactly how I use the IE 900. My 'luxury' IEM is Legend X.

Jul 15, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #3,324 of 5,140
Which tips are you using with the M9?
Hey, I'm using the stock Sony silicone tips with the MS sizing. Luckily these were the perfect sizing tips for me to be able to do a deep fit without having the vacuum effect.

I remember people in the M9 thread and discord were saying how you needed a deep fit to create an ideal sound sig for the M9 and I think that rings pretty true in my case.

Jul 15, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #3,325 of 5,140
I'm looking for a "do-it-all" headset that can also be used for walking outside.

+1 for the IE900s, currently my favorite iems.

If you intend to use them while walking, keep in mind that the supplied cable is subject to microphonics

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #3,326 of 5,140
Hey, I'm using the stock Sony silicone tips with the MS sizing. Luckily these were the perfect sizing tips for me to be able to do a deep fit without having the vacuum effect.

I remember people in the M9 thread and discord were saying how you needed a deep fit to create an ideal sound sig for the M9 and I think that rings pretty true in my case.
I found the silicone to have the most low-end and the triple comfort ones less so but I read it was the other way around for some.

Did you try the triple comfort ones?

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #3,327 of 5,140
+1 per gli IE900, attualmente i miei iem preferiti.

Se intendi utilizzarli camminando, tieni presente che il cavo in dotazione è soggetto Thanks dear, given your arsenal I am very happy with your judgment. I'll try to change the cable later. If you want, since we are close enough, we could one day organize some listening 😉

If you intend to use them while walking, keep in mind that the supplied cable is subject to microphonics
Thanks dear, given your arsenal I am very happy with your judgment. I'll try to change the cable later. If you want, since we are close enough, we could one day organize some listening 😉

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #3,328 of 5,140

If I may still ask, how do you compare the ie900 with your 64 audio u12t?
Thanks.
Davide

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #3,329 of 5,140
I found the silicone to have the most low-end and the triple comfort ones less so but I read it was the other way around for some.

Did you try the triple comfort ones?
Yup,

I find that the triple comfort thickens up the lower mids for male vocal and also gives a bit more mid bass, but this bass tends to be bit bloomier and sound less tight.

They also seems to mute the treble by a bit and the Sub-bass rumble just doesn't sound as good compared to the silicones for both the m9 and z1r.

Overall to me, Triple comforts just makes everything sounds a bit muddier/less open with lesser resolution compared to the silicone hybrids.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2021 at 8:29 AM Post #3,330 of 5,140
I ordered the ie900 and barring unforeseen circumstances I go to pick them up in the shop on Tuesday.The only doubt I have left is whether to upgrade like a used EE Odin for 2200 or 2300 euros.
I don't know if it's worth the money already having the Legend X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back