Rank the IEM's you've heard
Jul 15, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #3,331 of 5,197
I ordered the ie900 and barring unforeseen circumstances I go to pick them up in the shop on Tuesday.The only doubt I have left is whether to upgrade like a used EE Odin for 2200 or 2300 euros.
I don't know if it's worth the money already having the Legend X.
In my opinion the Odin is not an upgrade over the LX, they're two very different IEMs.

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #3,332 of 5,197
I ordered the ie900 and barring unforeseen circumstances I go to pick them up in the shop on Tuesday.The only doubt I have left is whether to upgrade like a used EE Odin for 2200 or 2300 euros.
I don't know if it's worth the money already having the Legend X.
Odin and LX are very complimentary IEMs. It's not redundant owning both.

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #3,333 of 5,197
Jul 15, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #3,334 of 5,197
Odin and LX are very complimentary IEMs. It's not redundant owning both.
Interesting, I figured they were as different as in ear. I'll decide the route by Tuesday, but I'm more oriented towards Sennheiser. Thanks.

Jul 15, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #3,335 of 5,197
Yes! Same here.
Yup,

I find that the triple comfort thickens up the lower mids for male vocal and also gives a bit more mid bass, but this bass tends to be bit bloomier and sound less tight.

They also seems to mute the treble by a bit and the Sub-bass rumble just doesn't sound as good compared to the silicones for both the m9 and z1r.

Overall to me, Triple comforts just makes everything sounds a bit muddier/less open with lesser resolution compared to the silicone hybrids.

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #3,336 of 5,197
Jul 15, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #3,337 of 5,197
Well, I just saw this in the Classifieds and it's a good price for an LX.

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/empire-ears-legend-x-2-5mm.7714/
I probably explained myself badly. Actually I already have a Legend X and have just sold my 64 Audio Tia Trio '. Now I would like to keep Legend X and find a replacement as equal or as an upgrade of the Tia Trio' ... stay on the same budget as my used trio of yours and take the Sennheiser Ie900 or go ugrade and aim higher with EE Odin or whatever?

Jul 15, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #3,338 of 5,197
I probably explained myself badly. Actually I already have a Legend X and have just sold my 64 Audio Tia Trio '. Now I would like to keep Legend X and find a replacement as equal or as an upgrade of the Tia Trio' ... stay on the same budget as my used trio of yours and take the Sennheiser Ie900 or go ugrade and aim higher with EE Odin or whatever?
Cool. My bad. I probably misread what you wrote earlier. I've never heard the IE900. I hear really good things about it.

Jul 15, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #3,339 of 5,197
I love the Trio as one of my most favorite. In fact, the only time it has ever sounded less than superlative to me was listening to it back to back right after a session with the EE Odin. The Trio bass sounded flabby by comparison.

I guess I'm saying if you have an LX and are looking for a Trio replacement, you should consider the Odin.

Jul 15, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #3,340 of 5,197
I love the Trio as one of my most favorite. In fact, the only time it has ever sounded less than superlative to me was listening to it back to back right after a session with the EE Odin. The Trio bass sounded flabby by comparison.

I guess I'm saying if you have an LX and are looking for a Trio replacement, you should consider the Odin.
Thank you for your contribution. I am very undecided. Invest around 2400 euros and have a definitive in ear that I will keep for a while (if I like it as a sound setting) or focus on a new product perhaps "lower level" but more usable every day and still good sounding.

Jul 15, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #3,341 of 5,197

Thank you for your contribution. I am very undecided. Invest around 2400 euros and have a definitive in ear that I will keep for a while (if I like it as a sound setting) or focus on a new product perhaps "lower level" but more usable every day and still good sounding.

For me the Trio is very different from the Odin. The Trio is kind of V shaped, while the Odin is elevated in the upper mids. The Odin is great if you like that sound signature. If you're not sure about that, I would look for an opportunity to audition it.

Jul 15, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #3,343 of 5,197
For me the Trio is very different from the Odin. The Trio is kind of V shaped, while the Odin is elevated in the upper mids. The Odin is great if you like that sound signature. If you're not sure about that, I would look for an opportunity to audition it.
Unfortunately it is very difficult to try them first. I have a friend who has them but he is too far from me. At these levels you should always try them first but it is true that with tia trio and Legend x I went on the safe side even without trying them first. safe even without trying first ... the Odin configuration should be superior to Sennheiser. It would be a question of whether it is an optimal configuration for my taste ...

Jul 15, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #3,344 of 5,197
The main IEMs I'm interested in hearing most are:

Oriolus Traillii (of course)
EE Odin
EE Legend X
64 Audio U12t (since it is a favorite of many people)
Sony IER-Z1R
Unique Melody MEST mk2

After those, I would be interested in hearing the 64 Audio Forte and a couple from Vision Ears (V8/Ely/Erlk).

Jul 15, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #3,345 of 5,197
Added Dorado 2020. I generally listen custom or with Final E/Spiral Dots tips. Didn't like Dorado 2020 that much until I tried the included CA foam tips. There was this noticeable dip in the middle of the mid-range that made the Dorado 2020 sound weird with Final E/Spiral Dots. Female vocals didn't sound as good as well until trying the CA foam tips. I wouldn't say still great for female vocals, but better for sure. Overall, great IEM, better than I expected for sure. When listening on M8, I definitely preferred using turbo on Dorado 2020. Had a hard time deciding whether I enjoyed Dorado 2020 or MEST Mk2 more especially since I don't have the MEST Mk2 with me anymore.
I find foam tips absolutely transform the Dorado 2020’s sound to me. The best ones I’ve tried on them are TENNMAK ones you can get on Amazon. Silicon ones really don’t pair well to my ear and effects the sound quality too much, making it sound unnatural. I guess this makes sense as I remember Ken Ball stating that he tunes the campfire DD based line with foam tips.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back