Rank the Headphones that You Own.
Dec 16, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #7,516 of 8,134
1. ZMF Verite open (pheasantwood) usually with universe suede pads, sometimes leather, but less comfortable
2. Kinera Imperial Nanna
3. ZMF Aeolus
4. DT1990
5. Philips Fidelio X2 (that I do still own, they're just tucked away somewhere in my storage room because I never use them).

Lately been using the imperial nanna's most though, it's nice to have less weight on my head.

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #7,518 of 8,134
1: Abyss Diana Phi
2: Focal Clear MG
3: Mr Speakers (Dan Clark Audio) Ether
4: Focal Clear
5: Sennheiser HD800S
6: Audeze LCD-3
7: McIntosh MHP1000
8: Audeze LCD-i4
9: KEF MP500
10: Audeze Euclid
It's curious that you have both Clears and prefer the MG version. I see a lot of people that prefer the original.

Jan 3, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #7,522 of 8,134
1. Hifiman Arya Stealth
2. Thieaudio Monarch MkII
3. Focal Clear OG
4. Blessing 2: Dusk (these get 0 playtime due to the MkII)
I’ve got a dusk, and a mk II coming today, so this is building up my excitement.

Jan 3, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #7,523 of 8,134
1. Hifiman Susvara
2. Focal Utopia
3. Hifiman HE1000v2
4. ZMF Verite Closed
5. Sennheiser HD800S
6. Sennheiser HD600
7. Sennhesier HD650

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #7,524 of 8,134
1. Audeze LCD-2 (2021)
2. ZMF Atticus (Camphor)
3. B&O Portal
4. Master & Dynamic MH60

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #7,526 of 8,134
1. CA Vega 2020: This is the only easy choice in my rankings. I really enjoy all my gear but these iems are my favorite things ever! I originally had these tucked away as a guilty pleasure listen but after a year I can't get enough of these things and they easily get 75% of my daily use. Also, I'm a basshead and they don't disappoint on that front.
2. CA Onyx: A great compliment to the Vegas for me. This ranking may be more recency bias but they're great for doing stuff where music isn't at the forefront but still matters. I use them for the gym, doing chores around the house, morning walks... the most comfortable iems I've ever worn.
3. ZMF Atticus: My go-to for hanging at the house and listening to vinyl. I'd love to upgrade to the VC stabilized/resin at one point if ever, but these things sound amazing and the build quality is amazing.
4. HFM Ananda: My go-to for movies. Very amp-dependent but these sound amazing when properly paired. I'm not really a headphone person, I prefer bassy iems over anything, but these sound beautiful even if the voicing isn't the most natural.
5. CA Mammoth: They glow in the dark and are a ton of fun to listen to. I took a walk downtown in fresh fallen snow listening to these last week. Perfect!
6. CA Cascades: OK, I admit... I'm a Campfire fanboy, Oregonians unite! lol. I don't use these that much since I haven't travelled any significant distance since the pandemic started. They sound like the best headphones ever made about 10% of the time but mostly they're very solid basshead cans. They do get a little hot with "S's" and a few high frequencies for my taste. Wish they had a more comfortable headband and CA offered small and large suede pads. I think CA missed a really great opportunity with accessories and upgrades on this product but I still reach for them occasionally. Mine are a little beat up and are worth more to me on a personal level than what I can get monetarily for them.
7. CA Honeydew. Probably a recency bias thing again since I've had the Onyxs. These could easily be #2 on the list but I feel like the Onyx is a better overall performer at a lower price-point. And they're limited edition so that makes me appreciate them a bit more. These sound incredible for natural voicing and the midrange sounds like perfectly whipped buttery goodness. Hands down the best I've heard for audiobooks and ambient music. Unfortunately kick drums can completely take over a track and while being fun, the bass can get a little out of control at times. These are a very beautiful sounding iem with certain tracks and have that ability to immerse you into a different world.

I'm stoked on my current collection. It's a 5-way battle for #3 to be honest. Also, I love this thread! It's very cool seeing how different we all are even as audiophiles or appreciators of music making devices.

Jan 5, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #7,527 of 8,134
1. ZMF Verite Open
2. ZMF Verite Closed
3. Hifiman HE6SE V2
4. Kennerton Rognir Dynamic
5. ZMF Auteur
6. Focal Clear MG
7. AKG K240 Sextett
8. AKG K240DF
9. Kennerton Gjallarhorn GH 40
10. LSA HP-2
11. Fostex T50RP
12. AKG K340

Honestly, other than the last two, all of these headphones are great. And the VC and VO are kind of jousting back-and-forth for the top spot.

Jan 6, 2022 at 1:18 AM Post #7,528 of 8,134
I’ve got a dusk, and a mk II coming today, so this is building up my excitement.
Hope you enjoy them! Mine get used more than any of my other gear because of convenience, but also because they're so good. I'm sitting at my desk right now listening to the MkII rather than my Arya powered by a $1k amp. No disrespect to the Dusk but I would never pick it over a high end open back if I had convenient access to one. The MkII is just so well tuned and is better than the Dusk in every category - maybe that doesn't sound so impressive since they're 3x the cost, but I really mean *every* category.

Jan 15, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #7,530 of 8,134
1. ZMF Verite Open
2. ZMF Verite Closed
3. Hifiman HE6SE V2
4. Kennerton Rognir Dynamic
5. ZMF Auteur
6. Focal Clear MG
7. AKG K240 Sextett
8. AKG K240DF
9. Kennerton Gjallarhorn GH 40
10. LSA HP-2
11. Fostex T50RP
12. AKG K340

Honestly, other than the last two, all of these headphones are great. And the VC and VO are kind of jousting back-and-forth for the top spot.
What don't you like about the K340? I find them musically wonderful with a good recording and horrible with poor recordings. Very revealing but then again I don't have a stable of top notch HP'S like yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back