PS1000 Impressions Thread
Apr 20, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #1,787 of 3,605
Thanks a bunch man!
Anyways, I do really look forward to testing som high quality classic recordings with this set. Anywhere I can get legal flac music to test my setup?

Your welcome.
I use listen to Cd's orALAC files imported from my Cd's into my iTunes library.
I once tried Tidal Music Streamer for a few months, and most of there recordings sounded nice, but not all, and I couldn't justify spending $20.00 a month for the amount of time I used it.

Glad you asked about the amplification ation, I managed to hunt down a national dealer/retailer for the Bakoon hda 5210 mk3.
I received a very fine deal for the top end version and should say I'am astonished by its performance with all my headphones including the hd800.
And I don't come from a bad amp - Leben CS300X.
So for me to say this, it's a pretty big deal.

I should point out though, that the rest of my music chain is pristine, have put a lot of effort into it, so good amplification is just the tip of the iceberg.

Very nice, and congratulations on the Bakoon, glad your enjoying it with all of your HP's.

Apr 26, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #1,788 of 3,605
Thread revival!!: 

MHDT Labs Stockholm v2 DAC / Headamp GS-1 amplifier / Grado PS1000: 

Don't be jelly. It's not healthy.

:wink:

May 2, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #1,790 of 3,605
My PS1000s finally got her, 5 minutes before I had to leave for an event. That was a good 5 minutes though :kissing_heart:! Thanks Fred!!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #1,791 of 3,605
Wear them to the event! If anyone asks, you are just field testing some shiny new high tech electronic blinders for the big race!

May 2, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #1,792 of 3,605
My PS1000s finally got her, 5 minutes before I had to leave for an event. That was a good 5 minutes though :kissing_heart:! Thanks Fred!!!!!!!!!

i was just wondering if you'd gotten them yet ! and i was just chatting with fred about his marantz dac/amp 
congrats kevin ! (blow of the event!!)

May 2, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #1,794 of 3,605
KayandJohn, tried it but they said I was scaring the horses:scream:!

Jay, I am to damn big to sneak out.....

Worms, now I just need a Mad Ear +:wink:

May 2, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #1,795 of 3,605

i can certainly relate to that !

May 2, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #1,797 of 3,605
No hurry Worm, it will take a month or so to save up and sell a couple items. What is the wait time on new ones?

May 2, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #1,798 of 3,605

I'll let you know, but the damn thing was sure hard to come by (used) and just about EVERYBODY who has sold theirs off, regrets it!
biggrin.gif

i know i do !
kevin, the good doctor will build one just for you !

May 6, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #1,799 of 3,605
Just wanted to say: These headphones are AWESOME for watching movies/series during late night sessions! The dynamics are perfect for dialogues, even at low volumes, and when intensive orchestral music suddenly kicks in, my jaws drop as the bass and general soundstage gives me that oooohhhh feeling. Like always with these though, I tend to hear even the smallest imperfections, or even interference if running directly from headphone out on the lcd, but I guess that comes with the territory :wink:

Thats it!

May 8, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #1,800 of 3,605
There was a loud blast of static noise through my PS1000e yesterday and it caused the left driver to sound louder (After many many blind tests with mono tracks).
I am destroyed. I really really liked this particular pair. I am afraid that if i will send them for driver replacement they may not have the same sound signature.
What do you think? I am really broken right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back